I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Pro Wrestling Thread 2018

Just now, DragonClaws said:

Very odd if you ask me, it's like an official T.V Show or movie site, revealing all their key plot points.

WWE have looked at how popular Ronda Rousey is and they've seen Dollar signs, if she doesnt appear at this years Wrestlemania, it could be next years.

Or maybe they'll copy IMPACT story ine regarding the MMA club, thats invaded the promotion. Only have Rousey lead an all female team, instead of a male one.

Well, if anything from last year's Mae Young Classic said anything...we could have a WWE Four Horsewomen vs. MMA Four Horsewomen at a WrestleMania

Wrestling NEWS FLASH

It looks like Paige's WWE in ring career is over, after her results back test results came back.

The star has been pulled from the up-coming Royal Rumble event.

paige.png

Chris Charlton, the author of Lion's Pride: The Turbulent History of NJPW, is finishing a new book called Eggshells: Pro Wrestling in the Tokyo Dome. The book covers all 64 events held at the arena in its 30 year history up through this year's WrestleKingdom. The art in the book is done by Shining Wizard Productions.

https://www.eggshellsbook.com/the-book/

The joint NJPW/CMLL tour called FantasticaMania will feature a brothers tag tournament between Gran Guerrero/Ultimo Guerrero, Niebla Roja/Angel de Oro, Dragon Lee/Mistico, and Sanson/Cuatrero. 

Hirai Kawato has graduated from the NJPW dojo. He will work FantasticaMania and then travel to Mexico for CMLL. Henare has changed his in-ring name to Toa Henare while Tonga Leo changed his back to Hikuleo, which is what he used at NJPW's charity show in New Zealand last year.

It appears that Impact Wrestling has a deal with live streaming service Twitch.

Also, Ethan Carter III and Bobby Lashley are both said to have finished up involvement in the company at the latest TV tapings.

Ronda Rousey has officially signed with WWE. RAW Tag Team champion Jason Jordan has missed several WWE Live events and is rumored to be injured.

13 hours ago, HyperDrive said:

Also, Ethan Carter III and Bobby Lashley are both said to have finished up involvement in the company at the latest TV tapings.

It seems WWE is interested in both Lashley and EC3. Both had worked for the company at one point. EC3 was in NXT in season 4 as Derrick Bateman.

Kevin Owens will have to limit his work as he was pulled from two recent live events due to an injury, but is expected to work on SmackDown tonight but in a limited role.

They are saying Paige may take a non-physical role in WWE now that her in-ring career seems to be done.

And it's official....Laurel Van Ness (real name Chelsea Green) has officially departed from Impact Wrestling.

Ryback, who once bashed WWE and vowed never to return, has now retracted and said that he is open to one day returning as he still is on good terms with many WWE officials. When he left, he didn't want to "burn any bridges" and was as professional as possible.

Jazzy Gabert, who was supposed to have competed in the Mae Young Classic but was "medically disqualified", had successful surgery to remove three herniated disks from her neck.

Bill Goldberg is the 1st name to enter this year's WWE Hall of Fame.

Seth Rollins returned to using his "Code Black/Curb Stomp" finishing move against Finn Balor last night in a single's match on Raw

Next week's Raw 25th Anniversary will bring back the legendary commentator team of Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler for part of the show.

WWE has signed former 33-year old Indian kickboxer/actor Saurav Gurjar. He's 6'8" 298 lbs. and was invited to a tryout this past April.

Gama Singh has signed with Impact Wrestling.

Speaking of Impact, Don Callis has confirmed that the "Grand Title" is done and over with.

UFC fighter Paige VanZant has also sparked interest in WWE is the opportunity arises: "I would definitely go for it, if they come knocking on my door, I’m taking it."

Send your get well wishes to Sienna, the former Impact Knockouts Champion. She went to the hospital and discovered blood clots on both of her lungs. She is in high spirits and here's hoping she has a safe and speedy recovery.

Bobby Roode defeated Jinder Mahal to become the new WWE United States Champion at SmackDown Live last night...Glorious!

Jey Uso (Jonathan Fatu) was arrested on Sunday after the WWE house show in Hidalgo, TX. He was charged with DWI and was held on a $500 bond and was released the same day, took responsibility with WWE and as of now, no action has been taken as there is an investigation.

The WWE Mixed Match Challenge began last night. Finn Balor and Sasha Banks defeated the team of Natalya and Shinsuke Nakamura when Natalya submitted to the Banks Statement. They will face the winner of next week's match between Team Awe-Ska (The Miz and Asuka) and Carmella and Big E.

A major rumor abounding is that EC3, now gone from Impact Wrestling may possibly appear at the WWE Royal Rumble on January 28th. The news has come after an appearance for Renegade Wrestling Revolution has been cancelled on EC3's part for that very same day! EC3 doesn't have a no-compete clause. As for Bobby Lashley, after Febaruary 1st, he can go ahead and head elsewhere.

Candice LeRae has officially signed with WWE along with the duo of Todd “War Beard Hanson” Smith & Raymond Rowe known as War Machine.

Paige is somewhat struggling with her in-ring career being effectively over. Like Daniel Bryan, she is hoping for a miracle and will be able to compete again in WWE. There will be an advanced screening of her biopic, Fighting with My Family, during WrestleMania weekend. The film, produced by Dwayne Johnson, stars Florence Pugh as Paige. It is believed she will still have a job within the company either way.

Edited by AlbertV

Roman Reigns has been named as a former client of convicted steroid dealer Richard Rodriguez. However, there is no evidence that has backed up the claim. Reigns was suspended in 2016 for his first violation of WWE's Wellness Policy and has apologized to the fans when that happened.

Former WWE music composer Jim Johnston opened up about his release from the company last year:

“Towards the last years I was there, communication really fell apart and I think that’s what really got us on a bad road. I’m very pollyannaish, and I tend to trust people until, unfortunately, I’ve been shown that I shouldn’t be trusting. There were people that I really thought were friends who turned out not to be friends. I had a brief conversation with Vince and it was over. All I’ll say is that I think there were a lot of ways to end it, and the way that it ended was, I think, there were better ways to end it to where everyone could’ve walked away with a much better feeling. After thirty two years, it feels like a lost opportunity to me and I don’t really understand it.”

It is believed Samir Singh rolled his ankle during the match between Bobby Roode and Jinder Mahal last night.

Roman Reigns issued an official statement regarding the recent accusation of steroid use by convicted dealer Richard Rodriguez

“I have never heard of Richard Rodriguez or Wellness Fitness Nutrition. I learned from the mistake I made nearly two years ago and paid the penalty for it. Since then, I’ve passed 11 tests as part of WWE’s independent drug testing program.”

Mark Henry's statement on the rumor that he's retired:

"I am not retired. There is still a lot I can do. I love the WWE, I love the company, but I have two kids and they want me home. They want me to see their recitals and sporting events, and I want to see them grow and evolve. My dad didn’t live with me when I was growing up, and he missed so much. I am not going to repeat that.”

James Storm, now having departed from Impact Wrestling, has his next big goal in mind:

“My ultimate goal is to go to WWE. The WWE has such a grip on the world, it’s pretty amazing, and I believe I still have a lot to give. I’m in the best shape I’ve ever been. When I left Impact, I told people this isn’t my last stop, it’s just time for me to get on a new horse.”

Kevin Nash will no longer be going to Raw 25 this Monday due to his recent surgery on his knee has made him unable to travel. Bret Hart will also be unable to appear at Raw 25 because he will be meeting with a surgeon for a procedure on his wrist.

Two newcomers sign with WWE: Shadia Bseiso and Nasser Alruwayeh. They have reported to the WWEPC in Orlando on Tuesday for orientation.

EC3 was spotted at the WWEPC on Tuesday as well, fueling more spec that he will be joining WWE.

Josh Matthews is looking to be no longer on the Impact commentator team, but he's still with the company. Rumor is he will become the manager of Matt "Evan Bourne" Sydal as a new commentator team will be announced soon.

Edited by AlbertV

American Ninja Warrior's Katy Catanzaro has signed with WWE. She reported to the WWEPC in Orlando. WWE's statement:

Perhaps best known for her 2014 completion of the warped wall obstacle on “American Ninja Warrior” — she became the first woman to achieve the feat — Catanzaro is also a former Division I gymnast and two-time designee of “Sports Illustrated’s” Fittest 50 list of the world’s best female athletes. She worked out at the Performance Center last January and has been on WWE’s radar ever since, even attending last year’s Mae Young Classic. Now, she takes her first true steps to becoming a WWE Superstar.

Alberto El Patron reached out to Triple H and apologized for his actions from his last release. He did say he would return to WWE for a limited appearance when the opportunity comes but plans to do one more return before retiring:

“I apologized to Triple H for the issues we were in when I was with the relationship with my ex-partner. She and her entire family made me believe that those who affected our relationship were them, specifically him. Of course, I would go back (to WWE), I would not go back fulltime, but I would make a special appearance before I put on my wrestling boots and it will surely happen, surely before I retire I will do something special with them. I see a very difficult 2018, but in 2019 before leaving I’m definitely going to do something with them, we shook hands and everything is fine right now. Time heals wounds.”

Ricochet and War Machine will be in the WWE for at least three years under their contracts.

WWE has also signed Kavita Devi in hopes to continue getting their name out in the Indian market. They also had signed Saurav Gurjar, a former actor and champion kickboxer.

Highlights from last night's 25th Anniversary of Monday Night Raw

Michael Cole, Corey Graves and Booker T switched commentary for matches throughout with Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler, which was cool.

(Congrats to The Miz as he is now the 8-time Intercontinental Champion)

On a serious note:

Enzo Amore has been suspended by WWE. In October 2017, in Phoenix, he apparently raped a Twitter/Youtuber and there is now an ongoing investigation. If he is found guilty, WWE will terminate him, meaning there will be a new Cruiserweight Champion. Amore has been known for bringing s**tloads of heat backstage.

Edited by AlbertV

It is official...there will be a new Cruiserweight Champion...Enzo Amore (real name Eric Arndt) has been released from the WWE

@Phantom Dreamer I heard about that as well..the Manhattan crowd was unhappy with a lack of in-ring action at Raw 25.

And here's a fun photo....Xaxier Woods and Big E as Stephanie and Vince McMahon...Cracking up!

025_Attitude_12192017jg_0161--dda5890bb0

024_RAW_11291999_0008--9948902e7fc54bee4

Edited by AlbertV

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

I heard about that as well..the Manhattan crowd was unhappy with a lack of in-ring action at Raw 25.

Thats one of the reasons I stopped watching the show, just catch the highlights instead. There's an hour or more of talking at the start, a match, then some more talking, another short match, and then even more talking. There's less talking on the Jerry Springer show, and probably more actual fighting too.

More of the latest action, from hard working men and women of team Defiant.