I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

HyperDrive

Steven Seagal caught up in the sex fiasco

I think he's up to five or six accusers now, including Jenny McCarthy, Juliana Marguiles, and others:

http://popculture.com/celebrity/2017/11/04/steven-seagal-accusations-inappropriate-misconduct-list/#7

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5072187/Jenny-McCarthy-Eva-LaRue-accuse-Steven-Seagal.html

I think this is time that I hang up my long, black leather coat and move on.

Yeah. Seagal's had allegations thrown at him for years now, on and off, this honestly isn't surprising. As shameful as it is.

Looks like all the allegation's are finally catching up with Steven Seagal.

Recently read about Ridley Scott re-shooting footage for his new movie, so they can edit Kevin Spacey out of it.

Edited by DragonClaws

I really don't like Steven Seagal. The only movie of his I could sit through was 'Driven to Kill', which was mediocre to say the least. He's a terrible actor and even worse martial artist, his movies are incredibly boring and if these allegations are true, and he did indeed sexually assault women, then I have no sympathy for him.

Speaking of which, it looks like our old friend Bey Logan is a self admitted sexual predator as well, which at first was hard to accept as someone who looked up to him for his knowledge of Asian cinema for many years. Toby Russell is more knowledgeable when it comes to classic Hong Kong and Taiwan cinema anyway, and his audio commentaries are very insightful if you can get past his apparent lisp.

Oh dear, and it doesn't stop. I'm sure we'll soon see knuckleheads coming out who will whine about being incapable of watching another Tsang Chi Wai picture. Or go on claiming that the man was never a talented actor and, well, apart from INFERNAL AFFAIRS he didn't make any essential movies anyway...

On 28/01/2018 at 2:19 PM, Sheng said:

Oh dear, and it doesn't stop.

Any industry that employs large numbers of people, is going to get some rotten ones. Wether it's music, film, football, motorsports etc. As a fan who's looking at things from the outside, its hard to say exactly what's truth and whats fiction?. The media, are not always the best at reporting the facts. Especially when so much of it is owned, by such a small group of people.

Edited by DragonClaws

17 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Not sure how much truth there is in this old story?.

63 year old Sammo Hung caught cheating with 21 old actress

Link- http://www.jaynestars.com/news/63-year-old-sammo-hung-caught-cheating-with-21-year-old-student/

I wouldn't pay too much attention to anything that appears on jaynestars. It's the online equivalent to a tabloid rag like the Daily Star...plus that article is 6 years old.

3 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I wouldn't pay too much attention to anything that appears on jaynestars. It's the online equivalent to a tabloid rag like the Daily Star...plus that article is 6 years old.

Noted, you'll know Asin media better than me, though I did state it was an old article.

6 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Did someone delete the thread about Bey Logan?, when they merged some posts from that thread, with the one here?

No, it was merged with another similarly themed thread and can be found here: http://www.shaolinchamber36.com/kungfufandom/index.php?/topic/17668-what-happened-to-bey-logan/&

"D.A. Declines to Charge Steven Seagal in Sexual Assault Cast" - headlines from a Variety article posted on December 21, 2018 - https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/steven-seagal-da-declines-to-charge-1203094870/

"For the second time this year, the L.A. County District Attorney's Office has declined to file a sexual assault charge against actor Steven Seagal... In a statement, Bloom said the case was not charged solely because the law requires that older cases [in this case, 2002] include independent, corroborating evidence... Seagal is a Russian citizen, and earlier this year was appointed as a special envoy to improve U.S.-Russian relations." 

His IMDB page lists Attrition and General Commander as movies with him in the cast that get a 2018 release.  As for the future, Above the Law 2, with Seagal again playing Nico Toscani, has been announced.  Some hilarious stuff from his IMDB Bio page:  His nicknames include The Great One, Lord Steven, and The Master of Aikido.  "Unbeknownst to many, in 1997 Seagal publicly announced that one of his Buddhist teachers, His Holiness Penor Rinpoche, had accorded Seagal as a tulku, the reincarnation of a Buddhist Lama.  This initial announcement was met with some disbelief until Penor Rinpoche himself gave a confirmation statement on Seagal's new title.  Seagal has repeatedly discussed his involvement in Buddhism and how he devotes many hours studying and meditating this ancient Eastern religion."  

Edited by whitesnake