I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
laagi

The Outlaws (2017)

With the amount of movies coming out of South Korea these days it's hard to keep track... Here's another one of those I found by coincidence and boy does it kick ass! :devil

Edited by laagi

Based on real events that occurred in 2007 dubbed the "Heuksapa Incident". The story follows a turf war that grows between a local gang that runs Garibong-dong in Guro District, Seoul and the Heuksapa gang from Yanbian, China; the police are called in to attempt to bring peace to the neighborhood.

Review: http://screenanarchy.com/2017/10/review-the-outlaws-familiar-but-punchy-thriller-shows-us-new-side-of-seoul.html

Edited by laagi

I just noticed the trailer has been heavily censored. Not only did they *beep* out all the bad words but also blurred out blood, knives and cigarettes... WTF!?:dull Is this like a new censorship law or what; hope this is just a bad coincidence.

Went to see this a couple of weeks ago when it premiered in HK and boy, this is a blast of a movie. Pretty much up there with some of the best Korean mob pictures in recent memory, think DIRTY CARNIVAL, GANGNAM BLUES, NAMELESS GANGSTER or NEW WORLD - yep, that good! Incredible cast with Ma Dong-Seouk and Yoon Kye-Sang as the two fierce and utterly manical antagonists, lots of dogged, incrediblly intense balls-to-the-wall turf fighting, a film that just never lets up. Haven't seen the trailer laagi mentioned, but I did notice that the filmmakers do not dwell much on sadism and gore, those scenes are usually just implied, not fleshed out. Seems this was a deliberate decision f you read this interview with Ma Dong-Seouk here... http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2017/10/689_237271.html

Didn't hurt the movie  at all, though.

On 14.2.2018 at 1:06 PM, Sheng said:

Went to see this a couple of weeks ago when it premiered in HK and boy, this is a blast of a movie. Pretty much up there with some of the best Korean mob pictures in recent memory, think DIRTY CARNIVAL, GANGNAM BLUES, NAMELESS GANGSTER or NEW WORLD - yep, that good! Incredible cast with Ma Dong-Seouk and Yoon Kye-Sang as the two fierce and utterly manical antagonists, lots of dogged, incrediblly intense balls-to-the-wall turf fighting, a film that just never lets up. Haven't seen the trailer laagi mentioned, but I did notice that the filmmakers do not dwell much on sadism and gore, those scenes are usually just implied, not fleshed out. Seems this was a deliberate decision f you read this interview with Ma Dong-Seouk here... http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2017/10/689_237271.html

Didn't hurt the movie  at all, though.

Totaly agree with this... Best korean movie I've watched in 2017! And Ma Dong-Seok is one bad ass mother**cker! I'll definitely be picking this up on Blu-Ray once it hit the shelves.

I picked this one up and had to come here to sing it's praises!  It is a great gangster film with lots of great fight scenes - not so much martial arts orientated, more straight out brawling.  Very impressed - 9/10.