I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Titans - Live Action Version of "Teen Titans"

DC is starting a new streaming service next year and one of the titles announced is Titans, a live-action version of the Teen Titans, with a bit of a twist.

Brenton Thwaites has been cast in the role of Dick Grayson, who as Nightwing, forms a team of new superheroes including Raven (Teagan Croft) and Starfire (Anna Diop). Alan Ritchson and Minka Kelly play the duo of Hawk and Dove, an offensive/defense couple who are vigilantes and Lindsay Gort as Bludhaven detective Amy Rohrbach, who is also Dick Grayson's partner. The character of Beast Boy is expected to appear, but has not been cast yet.

The series was originally set to premiere on TNT in 2016 but they opted not to go along with it, so it will now be on DC's new service.

Some on-set photos have revealed Beast Boy (Ryan Potter), Raven (Teagan Croft), and Starfire (Anna Diop), the latter who got a bit of backlash.

DaeOhqsX0AARgW-.jpg

DagTW3QWkAAuW9d.jpg

Eh, not to be rude but they could have chose more attractive actors for these roles. I mean come on, we're talking comic book characters!

(response to the two pics directly above this; beast boy, raven and starfire) 

Edited by Koravec

Official Robin photos

blLDT5H.jpg

AOwzAN3.jpg

"Dick Grayson (aka Robin) and Rachel Roth (aka Raven), a special young girl possessed by a strange darkness, become caught up in a conspiracy that could bring Hell on Earth. Joining them are the hot-headed Starfire and loveable Beast Boy. Together they become a surrogate family and team of heroes."

Edited by AlbertV

MV5BMGJmMWFkN2UtNmQxOC00NTc0LThjZjUtMzQw

Seamus Dever, according to Fandom Wire, will play the villain of the Titans series, the demon known as Trigon. In the comics, Trigon is the father of the Titan Raven, who will be played by Teagan Croft.

I watched the trailer with the sound down because I'm in work but, from what I could see, this looks good. I'm not familiar with the characters, other than Robin, but they look pretty cool.

Curran Walters has been cast as Jason Todd, who in the series (and comics) replaced Dick Grayson as Robin. The two have an awkward exchange in this promo for DC Universe:

I watched the pilot and it is exactly what I expected. It's pretty much to Teen Titans what Riverdale is for Archie...dark and gritty. Pretty good stories for Robin and Raven. Starfire's brings a bit of mystery, as an amnesiac? The action is pretty decent. Think I'll keep watching it, especially to see Hawk and Dove (as I'm guessing replacements for Cyborg, who is in DC Universe's Doom Patrol series and is played by Joivan Wade)

Edited by AlbertV

This show has gone from strength to strength. I'm really enjoying it. It has its flaws for sure but as far as superhero shows go, this is one of the best. Better than Marvel's recent Netflix output by far.

I have to agree...even liked the comical bits of the Doom Patrol. Made for a good "break" from the dark nature of the series so far. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Jump to the 4:10 mark to look at the BTS action with stunt coordinator (and favorite) Larnell Stovall at the 5:23 mark

Edited by AlbertV

This was a kick-butt inaugural season of the series. I was at first skeptical with Anna Diop as Starfire, but once her story is revealed then it's understandable why she took the look she sported. Brenton Thwaites was definitely the driving force as Dick Grayson, trying to get away from his Robin persona. As for what I hope happens in Season 2, I hope Robin finally becomes Nightwing, but there's just one small issue first...spoiler tag below

Spoiler

The season finale, pitting Robin vs. Batman (Alain Moussi and Maxime Savaria), was actually a trick from Trigon, Rachel/Raven's father, who has put Dick Grayson under his spell. This leaves a cliffhanger that will start up season 2.

Get ready for this one...Titans: Season 2 will have both Superboy and Deathstroke along with the superdog Krypto.

MV5BNjEwN2U2NDItNTMxMi00MjJmLThhMjgtOWQw

Australian actor Joshua Orpin has scored the role of Superboy, aka Connor Kent, a genetically enhanced clone who escapes CADMUS with Krypto, a dog who also has super powers.
https://deadline.com/2019/02/titans-superboy-conner-kent-dc-universe-series-1202566034/

esai-morales.jpg

Esai Morales (La Bamba, Never Back Down: No Surrender) will play Slade Wilson, aka Deathstroke.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/esai-morales-is-deathstroke-in-titans/

Deathstroke's kids are appearing in season 2 and it looks like they're going to join the Titans in a battle against dear ol' Dad.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEKDk08XJmUjtStlKGKzB

Chella Man will play Josh Wilson aka Jericho in his first acting role. He is a YouTube star from what I understand who has spoken out about being LGBTQ, deaf, and Jewish in his videos. 

ravag913.jpg

Chelsea T.  Zhang will play Rose Wilson aka Ravager. She is also a co-star on Disney's Andi Mack series.