I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
ShaOW!linDude

M.I.A. Forum Members

Thought I'd start a thread for members who seemed to have fallen off the radar. I know everyone sometimes takes a breather, even though you can come across them lurking on the site at times. As some of us form contacts and friendships, I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread to mention folks in case someone else might know how to reach out to them and see if they're alright.

I'm kicking it off by wondering if anyone might how @masterofoneinchpunch is. His last visit was July, 19, 2017, and I haven't seen him on here at since then. Thought someone might have his email and could message him to make sure he's alive and kicking. I had his snail mail address at one point. Maybe I can lay my hands on it and send him a note or something.

This seems like a good idea @ShaOW!linDude, and with care and discretion this should not become intrusive. We are all united in our love for the martial arts genre and in a forum of this size active members do become like one big extended family. Over time, certain members will form close associations and friendships as similar viewpoints and interests are shared. This thread may provide another resource for maintaining contact between like-minded people, and ultimately, enhance the vibrancy of the Forum.

Whatever the reason for a member's period of absence from the Forum, it should at least be heartening when they become aware that other members have noted their absence and enquired about their welfare. Real life does have a habit of diverting attention away from our cyber-presence at times; something I know from my own experience!

It is certainly noticeable when an active member is absent for an extended period of time. I will add a second enquiry to this thread- @Tex Killer. Last visit is down as August 15th. Another regular contributor to the threads who has been quiet these past few weeks. I have enjoyed reading this member's contributions to the "What is the most recent Shaw Brothers film you have seen?" thread, and also our direct communications via quoted posts. 

5 hours ago, AgriWuxia said:

This seems like a good idea @ShaOW!linDude, and with care and discretion this should not become intrusive. 

Whatever the reason for a member's period of absence from the Forum, it should at least be heartening when they become aware that other members have noted their absence and enquired about their welfare. Real life does have a habit of diverting attention away from our cyber-presence at times; something I know from my own experience!

Exactly. I don't want to be intrusive. Just more of a shout out like "How've you been? Hope everything's alright. Been missing you on the forums."

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Here's a few others who havent been online for awhile, unless I've just missed some of them due to different time-zones?.

Possibly, but doubtful.

54 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

It's also been a long while since we last heard from paimeifist.

He did make a post saying he was bowig out for awhile, due to life offline. Sent him a couple of PM's last year, but never heard back. I do see him on the forums from time to time.

Hope his boxing career is doing well etc.

@kokuryuha is another member I've who I've not seen on here for sometime.

4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

It's also been a long while since we last heard from paimeifist.

DragonClaws is correct. He's focusing on his boxing career. And he recently got engaged. Very pretty girl. She feeds him lots of Vietnamese food.

On 9/23/2017 at 10:56 PM, DragonClaws said:

I'll 2nd Mr Doom, this guy posted a truly epic amount of polls, pertaining to the best kung-fu flicks form each year...then vamooshed!

Also missing the forum Godfather @GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG, and our resident YouTube-bot @lungfei...where are you guys!?

From an admin level, do you guys think an email sent to the list of members mentioned in this thread checking in on them, letting them know their presence is missed is a good idea? Or should we just understand that life happens, and just sit by and hope they make a return to the forum someday soon? Feedback guys!?

2 hours ago, SMK said:

From an admin level, do you guys think an email sent to the list of members mentioned in this thread checking in on them, letting them know their presence is missed is a good idea? Or should we just understand that life happens, and just sit by and hope they make a return to the forum someday soon? Feedback guys!?

I don't think sending an email is a bad idea, might be more chance of getting a reply.

On 9/26/2017 at 2:24 AM, SMK said:

I think if you can send out a generic e-mail to all members that haven't had any activity for over 2 months, just saying something like 'Kung Fu Fandom misses you!', then it's a good idea.  Just remember to put the e-mail addresses in the bcc field, I know a few members on here like their privacy, so best not to expose any private e-mail addresses were everyone can see them.

On 9/25/2017 at 11:24 AM, SMK said:

Couldn't hurt. Maybe if they've not been active for a few months, and made no mention of taking a breather for a while.

4 minutes ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

I hope everyone is okay and just taking a break from posting. I understand. Has anyone heard from @ThunderScore ?

He PMed me a few days ago. Since we're both in Florida, he asked to see if I was okay from Hurricane Irma and he seems to be doing okay.

25 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

He PMed me a few days ago. Since we're both in Florida, he asked to see if I was okay from Hurricane Irma and he seems to be doing okay.

Oh okay, you're from Florida too? So you're good. No house floods or anything? I'm from Houston, we got hit really bad but my street got lucky. No house floods, thank god! 

Just now, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Oh okay, you're from Florida too? So you're good. No house floods or anything? I'm from Houston, we got hit really bad but my street got lucky. No house floods, thank god! 

Thankfully, we just had very minimal flooding in the family room but it was only one small section of it but didn't lose power except a few flickers.

1 hour ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Lady J left the forum. I'm thinking Morgoth got banned. Maybe he left, too. Don't remember.

Dind't Lady J start up a Shaw Brothers blog?.

Seem to recall Morgoth was banned for some reason.

24 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Seem to recall Morgoth was banned for some reason.

I remember him talking about leaving, unless there was some Billy Chow and Chan Shan chats going on. 

What about @Secret Executioner? He was planning some Halloween horror marathon or something last year and then disappeared.

If Lady J was the same as Lady Jin, the news about the Shaw blog, Moonlit Blades and the Men Who Wield Them, by Lady Cao Feng and Lady Jin, was included on http://www.shaolinchamber36.com/news/page/3/

The blog didn't exist for very long.  It's gone.  Lady Cao Feng has her own blog - http://ironflagprincess.blogspot.com/ and twitter account, and she's obviously a Shaw fan.  An online search for Lady Jin came up with a Youtube channel, a Facebook account and a deviantart account.  But that could be someone else. 

In history "Lady Jin was the second known wife of Wang Yanjun, a ruler of the Chinese Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms period state Min".  A little less than 1,100 years ago.  (Wikipedia)

Edited by whitesnake

Hey guys, I'm still breathing, and I sill have an unabashed man crush on Lo Lieh after getting engaged. 😆 @ShaOW!linDude Has you pretty well covered on my current happenings. I appreciate the concern. I still enjoy the genre, but got rid of most of my collection. So now I'm limited to what's available to stream, and netflix took all of their damn Shaw films down recently! Luckily, they still seem to get most of Well Gos releases, which suffices pretty well for recent films.

I still do a bit of lurking around the forums on ocassion too. Hope all is well with everyone here kung fu fam!

Edited by paimeifist