I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Gaijin84

Vietnam - Ken Burns

It's probably the greatest documentary of all time. Ken Burns and Lynn Novick are masters of their craft. 10 episodes, each one almost 2 hrs long. It's like watching 10 movies. Episode 5 and 6 are probably better than most films this year, lol. Yes documentary counts as a film, it even says in the title, LMAO. I'll go on and say Ken Burns and Lynn Novick's The Vietnam War is the best film of 2017 and essential viewing. 

Episode 6 was last night. Onto episode 7 tonight. I had to sign up fo the PBS passport streaming service to watch the rest of it. I've seen each episode at least 3 times now. and I'll end up watching the broadcast version too! LBJ tapes are freaking insane. 

Yeah I've been watching it, funny I heard the theme from Platoon and started watching a "making of Platoon" on youtube, my favorite war movie. Turned on the tv and caught the (KB's)second episode that night, really comprehensive, I learned a lot of things I didn't know.

Was watching Ken Burn's "The Roosevelts" on netflix before that, recommended if your digging his Vietnam doc.

Yes, I watched all ten episodes.

The last episode was the most emotionally moving to me. The genius of the Vietnam Memorial Wall in D. C. caught even the staunchest vets against it by surprise and opened the flood gate of long hidden emotions unto 'ALL' who have been there.

I also liked seeing the war from both sides of the fence.

A dear brother of mine went back to Vietnam in the mid-90's and his wounds were finally healed.

Well done indeed.!

GD Y-Y

It was pretty interesting. Some of the stuff I didn't know about like Ho Chi Minh once worked in America or that Nixon talked to South Vietnam before he was elected.

Veterans of the South Vietnamese forces aren't happy with it though.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/29/veterans-angry-disappointed-following-pbs-vietnam-war-documentary/

Also, I'm not sure if this will be available nationwide but my local public tv station is airing a series about the secret war in Laos this week.

http://www.tpt.org/americas-secret-war/