DragonClaws

Sticks: Martial Arts Master Dan Inosanto

Thought it would be good idea to start a thread dedicated to one of Bruce Lee's top students, Martial Artist,Author, and Teacher Dan Inosanto. A master of the Martial Arts in his own right, he was one of only three men to be certified by Lee, to teach at his Jun Fan Gung Fu schools. To this day he continues to teach and hold seminars relating to the Arts, sharing his vast knowledge of self-defence and weapons use. From many years of studying under various other Masters, from around the world. Holding a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jistu, being one of just many achievements. He also brought Silat to the attention of Westerners, long before the Raid movie cast were old enough to walk. Dan also introduced the Little Dragon to his trademark movie weapon, the nunchaku. Facing the movie star in his un-completed project, Game Of Death. Despite this appearance, he would only go on to appear in a handful of movies, in small roles or as stuntman. He was Mako's stunt double, for the episode of The Green Hornet series entitled Praying Mantis. Countless people have studied with him, from actor Denzil Washington, to Mixed Martial Arts coach Anderson Silva. Aged eighty- one, he stills runs his Inosanto Academy Of Martial Arts in Carlifornia.

daninosanto02.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws

Left to Right- Richard Bustillo, Dan Inosanto(background) Chris Kent, Daniel Lee(Foreground) Jerry Poteet.

572e65fb9765d282229db73389982b83.jpg

Chris Kent helping Dan Inosanto, during an L.A Chinatown demonstration.

4c66a808ec67f4208d6d394e6643a45c.jpg

3 minutes ago, lonesome space said:

This probably already has been documented a few times before.......but is there anything pertaining to Bruce Lee training on Filipino martial arts? Did he also get the chance to travel to the Philippines himself?

He must talked with Inosanto about it, and the two must have tried applying some Filipino techniques. Sure Inosanto mentions it in one of the above interviews I've posted??.

Never heard of him traveling there, not that means he never went?.

56 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

He must talked with Inosanto about it, and the two must have tried applying some Filipino techniques. Sure Inosanto mentions it in one of the above interviews I've posted??.

Never heard of him traveling there, not that means he never went?.

I'll make sure to check out those videos soon. No doubt Inosanto has quite a lot to share about his experiences!

Personally, I wouldn't doubt that Bruce has visited the Philippines at least once. That country also has an enormous Chinese diaspora community.

21 hours ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

@DragonClaws Could you provide us with a quick list of martial arts in which Dan Inosanto holds a belt on (or has lots of expertise on, if you will) besides Filipino Arts and Jeet Kune Do?

Apperently he holds a black belt in several Martial Arts, one of his most recent being in Machado Family Jiu-Kitsu. According to Wikipedia that is, I'm not sure what other arts he holds that belt in.