Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Amy Johnston (Appreciation Thread)

4 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Has anyone noticed that since I made those gifs of Amy, she's resorted to wearing baggier pants? Amy, are you watching?!

Notice how there's different camera angles too lol. I think she films this really early and then pushes them out. Either it's a coincidence, or she won't let us know the secrets to science.

Her book actually sounds interesting. I have a slow-building interest in stunt performers so I might actually give it a read. I'm just hoping it's written well and that the interviews are engaging. 

10895352_1533075906967750_817847450_n.jp

10802719_1533229736916093_1264263920_n.j

10844165_1392043187757076_127797289_n.jp

The making of Lady Bloodfight.

Images from Amy Johnston's official Instagram page.

11055480_727683377350719_985118195_n.jpg

With Vera Vangurd, on the set of kids film Breaking Barbi (2018)

Edited by DragonClaws

She irks me in her latest video as she says Jackie Chan is a Karate practitioner and that "Kill Bill" features Karate. I'm pretty sure neither one of these is true. 

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

She irks me in her latest video as she says Jackie Chan is a Karate practitioner and that "Kill Bill" features Karate. I'm pretty sure neither one of these is true. 

Not had the time to watch the video yet, but maybe there are some karate moves in Kill Bill?. I just dont know enough about Jackie Chan off screen Martial Art training, but I wouldnt be at all surprised if he's trained in Karate. Sure he's trained in many styles, even if he hasnt picked up various degrees an belts.

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Not had the time to watch the video yet, but maybe there are some karate moves in Kill Bill?. I just dont know enough about Jackie Chan off screen Martial Art training, but I wouldnt be at all surprised if he's trained in Karate. Sure he's trained in many styles, even if he hasnt picked up various degrees an belts.

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and admit that I don't know if Jackie studies Karate (though I doubt it) but I'm pretty sure there's no Karate in "Kill Bill."

Only thing Kill Bill had was swordplay, and a really terrible Tiger/Crane Fist by Uma Thurman

Edit: and the only karate Jackie does is what Inspector Chan says in Supercop- 10th Dan!

Edited by Ah_Tao

1 hour ago, kingofkungfu2002 said:

Amy's ebook 'How To Stunt In Hollywood' is out today...I've already bought mine. ☺️

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D4BN46P/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526541244&sr=8-1&keywords=how+to+stunt+in+hollywood

Let us know how it is and who she interviews! I'd love to read it but I don't have a Kindle.