Jump to content

I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

DragonClaws

Triple Threat (2017) Tony Jaa, Michael Jai White, Tiger Chen, Iko Uwais, Scott Adkins, Jeeja Yanin

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Jesse Johnson has the background, but so far hasn't shined particularly bright as a director (check out @ShaOW!linDude's damning review of his 2007 flick 'The Last Sentinel' here.)

Wait, this guy is the director? :sweating:doh:angry

I suddenly feel sick to my stomach. Aw, man!!! Hopefully he directing nothing but the story line and Tim Man is handling all the choreography and action directing. Otherwise, this will indeed be a wasted effort and the only one this ensemble of screen fighters ever gets together to do. (Yes, the skepticism is now strong in me.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Wait, this guy is the director? :sweating:doh:angry

I suddenly feel sick to my stomach. Aw, man!!! Hopefully he directing nothing but the story line and Tim Man is handling all the choreography and action directing. Otherwise, this will indeed be a wasted effort and the only one this ensemble of screen fighters ever gets together to do. (Yes, the skepticism is now strong in me.)

Don't let me screw things up for you. lol You'll never know. I mean, look at Don "The Dragon" Wilson. Despite being dubbed by a completely different actor, he finally showed his true acting chops in Diamond Cartel. ( @One Armed Boxer )

The same might happen for Jesse Johnson!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesse Johnson also directed Scott Adkins' recent film, "Savage Dog", and, I can tell you, he didn't wow me with his directing prowess. In fact, I thought some of the action was rather weakly staged.
I'm hoping the action is going to guide this film rather than the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Jesse Johnson also directed Scott Adkins' recent film, "Savage Dog", and, I can tell you, he didn't wow me with his directing prowess. In fact, I thought some of the action was rather weakly staged.
I'm hoping the action is going to guide this film rather than the story.

Dadgummit! You're not helping my skepticism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To quote Oddball in Kelly's Heroes.

Quote

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

I tried that with Pit Fighter. Didn't work. :)

Edited by mpm74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me clarify my statement. The trailer seems to rely on slow motion and flip-kicks. I have faith in Tim Man but I hoped we'd see some decent hand-to-hand exchanges in there. You know, some complex stuff.

There are only so many times I can see Tony Jaa knee someone in the chest.

I don't doubt that it'll be entertaining. I just hoped (and still hope) for more with the talent involved. But maybe I'm just being a negative Nancy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I don't doubt that it'll be entertaining. I just hoped (and still hope) for more with the talent involved. But maybe I'm just being a negative Nancy.

The trailer barely run into two minutes if that, its a vey short glimpse of the film, which I'm guessing will be at least an hour and thirty minutes??. Hopefully the film will also reach a younger generation of fans, who havent been as exposed as us veterans have, to impressive fight scenes.

Cant wait for the official U.K release of this title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with you DM. I've said this for years and I will say it again: If you want to create good fight scenes, keep learning and evolve instead of repeating things over and over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides SPL 2, Jaa hasn't really grabbed me by the ball sack like he used too! Even the one recent flick with Vin Diesel was shit on a pogo stick. The other two stars get a pass from me. I'm concerned about Jaa in this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2017 at 10:25 AM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Besides SPL 2, Jaa hasn't really grabbed me by the ball sack like he used too! 

I distinctly do not remember this scene in the movie.

On 7/22/2017 at 10:25 AM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

...shit on a pogo stick.

This is the 2nd post of yours where I've encountered this phrase. Is this a term for jailhouse rape? I mean, your presence has been off and on the last few months. Have you been...um...away? I'm worried about you, OKFC. :tongueout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although i will probably enjoy this, because i can't be picky these days. I agree with what has been said, they need the right people pushing them i think.  There just isn't many that can these days atleast in the right way that i would enjoy. It seems like the old ways are a joke in this day and age and yet there is nothing better then the old stuff in my opinion. : (

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

I distinctly do not remember this scene in the movie.

This is the 2nd post of yours where I've encountered this phrase. Is this a term for jailhouse rape? I mean, your presence has been off and on the last few months. Have you been...um...away? I'm worried about you, OKFC. :tongueout

:hvb_laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really looking forward to this film. Uwais, Jaa, Chen, Adkins, Jai White just the cast alone is worth watching and supporting.  The fight scenes should be fast paced and highly athletic and Tim Man has proved himself! 

 

This can't be released quick enough!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gorhama said:

I'm really looking forward to this film. Uwais, Jaa, Chen, Adkins, Jai White just the cast alone is worth watching and supporting.  The fight scenes should be fast paced and highly athletic and Tim Man has proved himself! 

 

This can't be released quick enough!! 

I think my favorite part in the trailer is the underground fight scene looking one resembling an ong bak. Oh and Tiger Chen looks like an adolescent Thai boy in that shot. Don't shoot the messenger @ShaOW!linDude!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks awesome! I just learned that Jesse Johnson is the nephew of Vic Armstrong, so he's got it in his blood to make great action movies! I still haven't seen one of his but Savage Dog looks great too, I'm ready for the day when bluray just hits simultaneously with theater release so I can get these right into the library haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×