I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Pro Wrestling Thread 2017

27 minutes ago, thekfc said:

If Randy vs Bray does happens then a Cena vs AJ Styles rematch and a Luke Harper vs a returning Erick Rowan in a "family" feud match.

The rumor mill is going around that Elimination Chamber, which is a Smackdown PPV, will have Bray Wyatt win the title so that Orton will face Wyatt at WrestleMania and I also believe it will be Seth Rollins vs. HHH.

Chris Jericho's contract is ending after WrestleMania and he's going to be taking a break to focus on a new album for Fozzy and some Hollywood projects. I think somewhere whoever Owens will face will have Jericho do one last face turn and cause KO to lose the title to whoever the opponent will be...and it's been rumored a certain "Demon King" is supposed to return at WrestleMania, so I will not be surprised if they bring in Finn Balor to face KO at WrestleMania.

29 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

The rumor mill is going around that Elimination Chamber, which is a Smackdown PPV, will have Bray Wyatt win the title so that Orton will face Wyatt at WrestleMania and I also believe it will be Seth Rollins vs. HHH.

Chris Jericho's contract is ending after WrestleMania and he's going to be taking a break to focus on a new album for Fozzy and some Hollywood projects. I think somewhere whoever Owens will face will have Jericho do one last face turn and cause KO to lose the title to whoever the opponent will be...and it's been rumored a certain "Demon King" is supposed to return at WrestleMania, so I will not be surprised if they bring in Finn Balor to face KO at WrestleMania.

I forgot about Jericho taking the time off.

Owens vs Balor could be a good one for Wrestlemania.

I fucking hate how they're treating Brock Lesnar. They've made their "beast incarnate" into a giant pussy. One spear from Goldberg and he's done. I know they're trying to make Goldberg look strong but at least have Lesnar fight. They should have brawled and both went over the top at the same time. We don't need another Lesnar squash.

And was anyone else holding out for someone special to come out at number 30? I was hoping for Samoa Joe but I know others were hoping for Kurt Angle. Instead we get Roman Reigns (who I'm warming to, by the way).

The Undertaker looked shitty too. A few boring choke slams and that was about it from him.

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

And was anyone else holding out for someone special to come out at number 30? I was hoping for Samoa Joe but I know others were hoping for Kurt Angle. Instead we get Roman Reigns (who I'm warming to, by the way).

If the storyline was for Orton winning the Rumble then it wouldn't make sense for Samoa Joe to debut at the Rumble as that would just "waste" his debut.

Have him debut later and making a big impact/feud.  They can even have him be the one who causes Cena to lose his title and then we have Samoa Joe vs Cena at Wrestlemania 33.  

I want to see a Roman Reigns turn - I think he will be better as a hell than a face. As a heel he will have the potential "to play the crowd". 

I was hoping for Samoa Joe but I know others were hoping for Kurt Angle. Instead we get Roman Reigns (who I'm warming to, by the way).

The fact theyve got Samoa Joe stuck in NXT says a lot about WWE. They've done the same with Bobby Roode too, years of experience between both these stars. Yet WWE reckons they need to go through the NXT machine first.

I fucking hate how they're treating Brock Lesnar. They've made their "beast incarnate" into a giant pussy. One spear from Goldberg and he's done. I know they're trying to make Goldberg look strong but at least have Lesnar fight.

They might still be pissed at him for failing the steroid test last year. If it had happened to a someone less popular, they would have fired them. Lesanr is a great talent, but they give far too much screen time to part time wrestlers. While there's other men and women working their arse off on a weekly basis just for a small spot on RAW or SMACKDOWN.

11 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

The fact theyve got Samoa Joe stuck in NXT says a lot about WWE. They've done the same with Bobby Roode too, years of experience between both these stars. Yet WWE reckons they need to go through the NXT machine first.

I may have missed something but the few (recent) times I have watched NXT - I don't think that they are using him that much.

1 hour ago, thekfc said:

I may have missed something but the few (recent) times I have watched NXT - I don't think that they are using him that much.

Well it wouldn't be the first time WWE has signed a popular star, and then done nothing with him. Some people within the business, have said they sometimes sign up stars just so other promotions cant have them.

Edited by DragonClaws

Seth Rollins has re-injured his knee when Samoa Joe basically became Triple H's new b***h and had attacked Rollins on Raw Monday night after a confrontation with Triple H. This is not a storyline injury. Rollins actually injured the knee and is getting checked out in Birmingham. Let's hope it is not as serious as the last time.

19 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Seth Rollins has re-injured his knee when Samoa Joe basically became Triple H's new b***h and had attacked Rollins on Raw Monday night after a confrontation with Triple H. This is not a storyline injury. Rollins actually injured the knee and is getting checked out in Birmingham. Let's hope it is not as serious as the last time.

My girlfriend wont be too happy, she's a big Seth Rollins fan. He appeared like he was favoring his good leg/foot in the bouts Ive seen him in recently.

AAA has decided to play mind games with Fenix and Pentagon Jr. It filed trademarks for their new names of Fenix El Rey and Penta0M.

The exodus from ROH continues as commentator Kevin Kelly has left the company. It appears he'll continue to work the NJPW World shows along side new partner Don Callis. Note the next person that is supposed to leave is Donovan Dijak.

David Finlay has been sidelined from the NJPW New Beginning tour with an injured shoulder.

AJ Lee announced that she is bipolar.

http://ajmendezbrooks.com/post/silence-interrupted

Seth Rollins update: It looks like he has torn his MCL in the same knee that took him out of action for over a year and a half. It now looks like he will be out of action for 2 months and the chances of his match against Triple H at WrestleMania will be put on hold because when he returns, it looks as if he will have a program with Samoa Joe first. Sources are saying the Rollins-HHH match may wait until SummerSlam. 

Another legendary tag team may possibly be headed for the WWE Hall of Fame: The Rock n' Roll Express

Good news for Bret Hart. After surgery, he has announced that he has 100% recovered from prostate cancer. 

So here's the scoop on the re-titled Impact Wrestling

• Anthem Sports and Entertainment bought an 85% majority stake in the company and changed TNA's name to Anthem Wrestling Promotions. They also plan to officially drop the TNA and just keep it simply as Impact Wrestling.
  • 14 years later, Dixie Carter officially resigned as Chairwoman and has joined the advisory board of Fight Media Group. She now owns only 5% of Impact Wrestling.
  • As mentioned earlier, Jeff Jarrett signed with Anthem and is serving as an executive consultant. 

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

Good news for Bret Hart. After surgery, he has announced that he has 100% recovered from prostate cancer. 

Great news.

Anthem Sports and Entertainment bought an 85% majority stake in the company and changed TNA's name to Anthem Wrestling Promotions. They also plan to officially drop the TNA and just keep it simply as Impact Wrestling.

Hope they have a better run/luck under the new name.

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Hope they have a better run/luck under the new name.

Cody Rhodes has hope as well after meeting with the new owners. He feels they may do something more better around this time. 

In WWE news, Dana Warrior, the widow of the Ultimate Warrior, has signed a multi-year deal to be an ambassador for the company. 

MVP talked about why he was fired from TNA and whether he would consider a WWE return

That little rumor about the Rock n Roll Express going to the WWE Hall of Fame has become reality.
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-hall-fame/wwe-hall-of-fame-2017/article/rock-n-roll-express-wwe-hall-of-fame-class-2017

Samoa Joe is now a part of the RAW roster and his first opponent was Roman Reigns. The match had Joe dominating with Reigns making a comeback until Braun Strowman coming in to distract Reigns and Joe took advantage to win his debut match. Afterwards, Strowman, who will face Reigns in March's Fastlane PPV, took the Big Dog out. Meanwhile it was also announced that Kevin Owens will be defending his Universal Championship at Fastlane against...Goldberg!

I got a hunch that Goldberg will win the Universal Championship at Fastlane due to the fact he will be taking on Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania.

YouTube Synopsis- Former TNA & New Japan Pro Wrestling Competitor Wes Brisco of "Aces & Eights Quebec" challenges HANNIBAL "The Death Dealer" for the Canadian Heavyweight Championship in this match from CPW International filmed in Windsor Quebec Canada on 11/06/16.

Wes Brisco is the son of the legendary Gerald Brisco. Great to see Hannibal making a strong comebac after the Abdullah The Butcher incident/match.

The Japanese Buzzsaw is back to WWE! Tajiri made his return this time at 205 Live when he gave Brian Kendrick the green mist! Tajiri is now sporting a more clean shaven look.

Darren Young is undergoing elbow surgery today in Alabama. “Getting my elbow loaded with some serious hardware like the #OG#LexLuger tomorrow in #Birmingham. ? Dr. Dugas who is a phenomenal surgeon will be taking care of me. He did my knee 3 years ago. There is no time frame as to when I will be back but as always I will be keeping busy with rehab and my prior speaking etc. commitments.”

Paige, who underwent neck surgery in October, is looking to return sometime to WWE in April/May.

It also looks like Eva Marie is on her way out of WWE. She made changes to her Twitter account and took WWE Superstar off her bio and even unfollowed WWE. She has been working on two films, which are not WWE Studios films as well.

In a storyline that is to eventually set up a rematch between Shinsuke Nakamura and Bobby Roode for the NXT Title, Nakamura's knee injury (sustained at the match that gave Roode the title) revealed no tears and he is cleared to wrestle again.

Former WWE Raw announcer and GM Mike Adamle, who many will remember was also one of the hosts of the original American Gladiators, has revealed he is suffering from dementia. :(

Dwayne Johnson and WWE Studios are teaming up for a new movie, but Johnson is only serving as a producer. The film will be revolved around Paige and her family. As many know, Paige and Johnson are both 3rd generation superstars and Paige has given her full blessing on the film. Nick Frost and Lena Headey have been cast as Paige's parents in the film, titled Fighting with My Family. Stephen Merchant is writing and directing the film.

Edited by AlbertV

Dwayne Johnson and WWE Studios are teaming up for a new movie, but Johnson is only serving as a producer. The film will be revolved around Paige and her family. As many know, Paige and Johnson are both 3rd generation superstars and Paige has given her full blessing on the film. Nick Frost and Lena Headey have been cast as Paige's parents in the film, titled Fighting with My Family. Stephen Merchant is writing and directing the film.

There's been a couple of documentarys on U.K T.V about theKnight family. Found this docuemtnary/short on YouTube, that first aired way back in 2007. A lot has a changed since then, in terms of the British wrestling scene and Paige's career.

50 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

There's been a couple of documentarys on U.K T.V about theKnight family. Found this docuemtnary/short on YouTube, that first aired way back in 2007. A lot has a changed since then, in terms of the British wrestling scene and Paige's career.

Funny you mentioned that because Johnson said himself via Instagram it was a Knight family documentary that inspired him to make a feature film out of the story. He pitched it to a producer and then talked to Paige about it and she said she is definitely all for it.

8 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Funny you mentioned that because Johnson said himself via Instagram it was a Knight family documentary that inspired him to make a feature film out of the story. He pitched it to a producer and then talked to Paige about it and she said she is definitely all for it.

Yeah, there was much longer film about them, which featured Paige and her brother doing a try out for the WWE at the end. It was during one of the companys U.K tours, and they offered her a job.

There is a new WWE champion and his name is Bray Wyatt! Wyatt defeated John Cena at the Elimination Chamber PPV last night. Just as I suspected, it looks like a Wyatt-Orton WrestleMania match could be in the works?

Naomi defeated Alexa Bliss and is the new WWE Smackdown Women's Champion.

Milena Roucka, or as everyone knows her by her wrestling name, Rosa Mendes, officially announced via Instagram that she has retired from wrestling. She is focusing on a new business and her family.

The next name to join WWE's Hall of Fame? Holla holla playa....Teddy Long.

Sad news...Chavo Guerrero Sr. passed away on Saturday at the age of 68. :(

Tamina Snuka is getting set to return to WWE soon after being out with a knee injury since April. It's said she will join Smackdown Live as a face.

The friendship is over...Chris Jericho got a massive beating from Kevin Owens at last night's Raw during the so-called "Festival of Friendship". After Jericho gave Owens some weird gifts, Owens had a gift of his own: The List of KO and it had Jericho's name on it! 

There is a new WWE Raw Women's Champion and it's time to break out the hugs...Bayley defeated Charlotte Flair. Dana Brooke attempted to interfere on Charlotte's behalf when Bayley gave Charlotte the Figure Four but Sasha Banks became the equalizer and knocked Brooke down and hit Charlotte with her crutch while she gave Bayley Natural Selection. Bayley gave her Bayley to Belly Suplex and got the one two three.