I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
AlbertV

Pro Wrestling Thread 2017

I'm going with OKFC's suggestion and starting up a new Pro Wrestling thread for 2017!

WWE News

Next month, three of the Chinese wrestlers who signed developmental contracts last summer will be heading to Orlando to begin their training at the WWEPC. They are Zhao Xia, a female wrestler trained in martial arts and if the co-founder of her own fitness studio; actor Yifeng, who appeared in the film "Lady and Tiger" in 2014; and Brazilian jiu-jitsu purple belt Big Boa.

Brock Lesnar has been suspended for one year by the USADA after it was revealed he tested positive after his last UFC fight against Mark Hunt. However, this has not affected his run with WWE as he will compete in this month's Royal Rumble.

Asuka is now the longest-reigning NXT Women's Champion in history. She's held the belt since April 2016.

Dean Ambrose defeated The Miz and is the new WWE Intercontinental Champion. It got worse for the Miz when it was revealed that his wife, Maryse, has been fined $5,000 for smacking Renee Young backstage. My theory? I think Daniel Bryan may do a one more match event at WrestleMania against the Miz.

The first inductee to the WWEHOF has apparently been leaked and it looks like it is..."It's me! It's me! It's D..D..P!"

Sheamus went to Liverpool and ran into...Drew Galloway and Wade Barrett (Stu Bennett)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1Q67QmWgAEfy6b.jpg

TNA News

Jeff Jarrett has signed with Anthem and is making a return to TNA. Jarrett will be working with talent as well as be part of the creative team.

It is being rumored that TNA is planning to sign Alberto Del Rio, who recently was arrested for a barroom brawl with his brother on New Year's.

What's going on your end OKFC?

Edited by AlbertV

Tommy End has joined NXT and is now going by the in-ring name Allister Black.

C1nSfFaWEAA7MBh.jpg

Bobby Lashley defeated Eddie Edwards in a 30-minute Ironman match to become the 4-time TNA Champion.

Tucker, Jack Starz, Chris Tyler, Ringo Ryan and Tiger Ali are no longer part of the WWE UK Championship Tournament.

Kassius Ohno aka Chris Hero returns to NXT with one thing in mind: he wants the NXT title from Shinsuke Nakamura!

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:04 AM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Nothing is going to top that match. Omega vs Okada. I really have no words. 

Yeah I agree. It is the first match to be rated six stars by Meltzer.

The day after show, New Year's Dash, was pretty interesting. Dragon Lee of CMLL made a surprise appearance to challenge his old rival, Hiromu Takahashi, for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight title. Bushi, Evil and Sanada of LIJ lost the Never trios titles in less than a day after winning them to a team of Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi and Manabu Nakanishi (Kurosawa in WCW). The stable Suzuki-gun returned! Its leader, Minoru Suzuki, challenged Okada. The weird thing is that NJPW now has three strong heel groups in Bullet Club, Suzuki-gun and Los Ingobernables de Japon. Maybe LIJ is a hybrid since its leader, Tetsuya Naito, is pretty much a babyface.

The coolest thing was the reunion of the Team 2000 faction of NWO Japan. They beat the main members of Bullet Club and made ROH's Cheeseburger an honorary member. Scott Norton looks like he could still go a match or two if he wasn't more immobile than Nakanishi. He also participated in the WK 11 Honor Rumble as well.

Kenny Omega is taking a break from wrestling. The word is he'll return by Sakura Genesis or maybe the New Japan Cup. There's always a chance that he'll end up in the Royal Rumble though. I think he will be the IWGP Heavyweight champion by July because NJPW is starting the annual G1 Climax tournament in Long Beach, CA on the first of that month.

Kyle O'Reilly still has not resigned with ROH and might actually sign with the internet streaming company FloSlam instead. Basically, FloSlam would feature him on any promotion they're currently do streaming services for.

A fun video with Xavier Woods, who aside from wrestling is a known anime fan; Sasha Banks, Neville, and...Goldberg! with Sailor Bee of Crunchyroll on WWE's Up Up Down Down Channel

Edited by AlbertV

So I have learned from MSN that a new pro wrestling comedy in the vein of Major League is in the works...and here's the kicker! It was co-written by Christopher Daniels and Frankie "Kaz" Kazarian along with U.K.-based Tony Lee. It will be called In the Ring and will star Kurt Angle, Mickie James-Aldis, and Tommy Dreamer along with TNA, ROH, and former WWE stars.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/former-wwe-star-kurt-angle-returns-to-ring-for-wrestling-comedy-exclusive/ar-AAlPvaT?ocid=mailsignout

Anyone received the recent email for the trial of the WWE network?

It is a free trial until April 16th. But the offer expires/have to sign up by January 22, 2017.

You get to see the following PPV for free - Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, Fast Lane & Wrestlemania. 

If you don't cancel but the end of the trial period (April 16th) then it is $9.99 a month.

I am not sure if it is email specific as the email I got say you have to "click this button & is valid for one time use".

When AJ Styles was doing a house show, someone stole a bunch of stuff from him including a bag that contained $1000 USD and $7000 in Japanese Yen.

http://www.kait8.com/story/34297768/thief-lays-smackdown-on-wwe-superstar-performing-at-the-convo

Here's a translated ShuPro magazine interview with NJPW owner Takaaki Kidani. The biggest thing is that NJPW is planning to have it's own US subsidiary complete with a dojo and TV show up and running in 2018! Wonder what that means for ROH.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/821702645681307648

5-Star-Wrestling.png

5-STAR will be broadcasting its next show LIVE on Channel Five and SPIKE T.V in the U.K, with Kurt Angle on the commentary team. Rey Misterio Jr is also set to appear on the card.

For more on this story please click on the link below.

Link- http://vulturehound.co.uk/2017/01/5-star-wrestling-to-be-broadcast-live-in-the-uk/

Edited by DragonClaws

8 hours ago, HyperDrive said:

When AJ Styles was doing a house show, someone stole a bunch of stuff from him including a bag that contained $1000 USD and $7000 in Japanese Yen.

http://www.kait8.com/story/34297768/thief-lays-smackdown-on-wwe-superstar-performing-at-the-convo

Here's a translated ShuPro magazine interview with NJPW owner Takaaki Kidani. The biggest thing is that NJPW is planning to have it's own US subsidiary complete with a dojo and TV show up and running in 2018! Wonder what that means for ROH.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/821702645681307648

Could mean New Japan is buying ROH??? Talk about taking a big step in competing with the other product, cough cough: WWE 

1 hour ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Talk about taking a big step in competing with the other product, cough cough: WWE

I think its the WWE's recent actions, with them buying a lot of NJPW talent, that has made them take these steps. It could be a positive things for promotions like ROH, they mght want to work with them, rather than against them.

In some Lucha Libre news...Pentagon Jr. has officially left AAA and will now go by the name Penta 0 M (Penta Cero Miedo).

“Hello to everyone because as you know today, I belong to the company aaa and I become a fully independent wrestler. And to clarify my new name is Penta 0 M!!!! and on the faction of dogs of evil we’re just awaiting the Acceptance of the person in charge of the mark if he wants to continue to belong to this faction or stays in aaa that I confirm After these days I’ll do a live to clear all your doubts while I know I count on your support at this stage of my career thanks!! Remember Penta 0 M”

Chris Jericho signed a new WWE deal that apparently will last until Wrestlemania XXIII, because he has some upcoming outside projects including recording a new album with his band Fozzy.

Kurt Angle is officially being entered in the WWE Hall of Fame, but many other names are being rumored including:

• Diamond Dallas Page
  • Teddy Long
  • Beth Copeland (or as we know her, Beth Phoenix)
  • William Regal
  • Christian
  • Rick Rude
  • The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake)
  • Mike Rotunda (aka Irwin R. Schyster)

SportsEntertainment showed a video of what happened to 10 WWE Superstars released in 2016:

At the next NXT Takeover in San Antonio, it will be the "King of Street Style" Shinsuke Nakamura taking on Bobby Roode for the NXT Title.

Edited by AlbertV

Jerry Lawler signed a one-year extension with WWE and it looks like he will be calling this Sunday's Royal Rumble match.

Could this year's WrestleMania be The Undertaker's last? According to sources, he will be in need of hip replacement surgery as he had a temporary fix on his hip in late 2016, but he went as saying he will not have any major surgeries until retirement.

And then there's this...

Check out 2:08 of this clip...Sasha Banks goes Tony Jaa on Nia Jax

Edited by AlbertV

super-kick.jpg

It appears that WWE have struck again, this last Saterday I posted about Kurt Angle doing colour commentary for a live British Wrestling show. Now he's not appearing due to the WWE bringing him back into the their company. After years of showing no interest in signing him at all. This is like how they signed 16 of the best British Wrestlers, so they couldnt appear on the recent World Of Sport special.

On  more positive note, the World Of Sport special was such a hit, that it will be returning to ITV this year. Also this saterdays 5-STAR event will be still be broadcast Live.

From their FACEBOOK page.

Well here it is! The DEBUT TRAILER for our new TV show, DOMINANT WRESTLING, airing live from the DUNDEE ICE ARENA next Saturday on Spike TV.

Tickets are still available for the event via www.5starwrestling.co.uk

Spike TV is FREE in every home in the UK and can be found at the following places.

FREEVIEW - Channel 31
SKY - Channel 160
TALKTALK - Channel 31
FREESAT - Channel 141
BT TV - Channel 31
VIRGIN MEDIA - Channel 154

Link-https://en-gb.facebook.com/5StarWrestling/

Edited by DragonClaws

Lol at Zybysko on Lex Luger. Luger's WWE debut gimmick was The Narcissist so either he was great at kayfabe or he really was one at the time.

In addition to Penta Cero Miedo, Daga and Garza Jr also left AAA. As for Lucha Underground:

If Penta and Fenix (who left AAA in Sept. 2016) are dropped from the show, I think ratings will plummet as they're probably in top five of fans' favorite LU characters.

Kyle O'Reilly appeared at ECCW, the promotion that he started his career, and won its belt. Then he cut a promo about taking time off from wrestling. This may point to a move to WWE since it is now making ROH talent wait 60 days before making a debut due to ROH's tv taping schedule.

Masato Yoshino, who appeared in TNA's X Cup 2008, suffered a herniated disc and three fractured vertebrae at DragonGate's Open the New Year Gate show.

Jim Ross interview: With World Of Sport back and WWE about to crown a UK champion, Good ol’ JR says there is ‘nowhere hotter’ than Britain in the world for wrestling at the moment

Link- https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/wwe/2492136/jim-ross-interview-with-world-of-sport-returning-and-wwe-about-to-crown-a-uk-champion-good-ol-jr-says-there-is-nowhere-hotter-than-britain-in-the-world-for-wrestling-at-the-moment/

wos.jpg

The fate of Kenny Omega has been revealed...He is staying with New Japan Pro Wrestling! He made the announcement amidst rumors of possibly joining WWE, but he has opted to stay with NJPW because he wants the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. He plans to fly to Japan to re-negotiate his contract and if no new contract is signed, he will stay for another year in NJPW.

Rick Bognar, best known as the "Fake Razor Ramon", talked about his time in ECW, what it was really like being a fake Bad Guy, and what he's up to these days:
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/rick-bognar-fake-razor-ramon-failed

Bobby Lashley defeated Eddie Edwards in a 30-minute Ironman Match to become the four-time Impact Wrestling Champion. The TNA part of TNA Impact is being set to be dropped by Anthem Entertainment, who made the announcement last week.

This Sunday is the WWE Royal Rumble. Aside from the Rumble itself, here is the card:

• Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax (Pre-Show)
  • Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch, and Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, and Natalya (Pre-Show)
  • Sheamus and Cesaro vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson for the Raw Tag-Team Championship (Pre-Show)
  • AJ Styles vs. John Cena for the WWE Heavyweight Championship
  • Rich Swann vs. Neville for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
  • Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley for the WWE Women's Championship
  • Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE Universal Championship with Chris Jericho being suspended above in a shark cage so he will not be able to assist KO.
  • Seth Rollins is rumored to have his first confrontation in months with Triple H, which is looking to set up a WrestleMania match between the two. Rollins lost his spot in the Rumble match after losing to Sami Zayn this past Monday.
Edited by AlbertV

U.K wrestling fans catch tonights 5-STAR wrestling show Live on the following channels.

FREEVIEW - Channel 31
SKY - Channel 160
TALKTALK - Channel 31
FREESAT - Channel 141
BT TV - Channel 31
VIRGIN MEDIA - Channel 154

Johnny%20Mundo_Danny%20Trejo_Drake%20Bel

John Morrisson with actors Danny Trejo, Mark Bell and Lucha star Prince Puma.

John Morrison retained his 5-STAR restling championship last night at the Dundee Ice Arena. At the start of the show he issued an open challenge to any wrestler in the building. Out came Drew Galloway, Moose, Rey Misterio Jr, PJ Black, Carlito, Magnus, Chirs Masters to each answer the challenge. Setting up an 8-man tournment that saw Morrison beat Rey Misterio Jr in the final match. At the end of the show they announced a 128 man tournament, open to any wrestler in the world. The elimination tournment will be toured across Great Britain, with the final show being held in Manchester.

Edited by DragonClaws

WWE Royal Rumble Results

Randy Orton is going to WrestleMania as he won the 30-Man Royal Rumble.

John Cena defeated AJ Styles and has now tied Ric Flair being a 16-Time Champion.

Neville defeated Rich Swann and is now the Cruiserweight Champion, earning his self-proclaimed "King of the Cruiserweights".

Kevin Owens defeated Roman Reigns thanks to not Chris Jericho (who was suspended above the ring in a shark cage), but Braun Strowman, who powerbombed Reigns causing a barely recovered Owens to pin Reigns.

Charlotte Flair defeated Bayley to keep her PPV streak going as Raw Women's Champion.

Nia Jax defeated Sasha Banks

Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson are the new Raw Tag Team Champs after defeating Cesaro and Sheamus

Naomi (who returned last week), Nikki Bella, and Becky Lynch defeated Alexa Bliss,Natalya, and Mickie James in a 6-Woman Tag Team Match

As for those who wonder, yes, Brock Lesnar was once again dominated by Goldberg in the Rumble Match itself

NXT Takeover: San Antonio Results

Eric Young defeated Tye Dillinger

Roderick Strong defeated Andrade "Cien" Almas

The Authors of Pain (Akam and Rezar) defeated DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa) to become the new NXT Tag Team Champions.

Asuka retained her NXT Women's Title in a Fatal 4-Way against Peyton RoyceBillie Kay, and Nikki Cross

Bobby Roode defeated "King of Street Style" Shinsuke Nakamura to become the new NXT Champion.

Edited by AlbertV

5 hours ago, AlbertV said:

WWE Royal Rumble Results

Randy Orton is going to WrestleMania as he won the 30-Man Royal Rumble.

John Cena defeated AJ Styles and has now tied Ric Flair being a 16-Time Champion.

Neville defeated Rich Swann and is now the Cruiserweight Champion, earning his self-proclaimed "King of the Cruiserweights".

Kevin Owens defeated Roman Reigns thanks to not Chris Jericho (who was suspended above the ring in a shark cage), but Braun Strowman, who powerbombed Reigns causing a barely recovered Owens to pin Reigns.

Charlotte Flair defeated Bayley to keep her PPV streak going as Raw Women's Champion.

Nia Jax defeated Sasha Banks

Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson are the new Raw Tag Team Champs after defeating Cesaro and Sheamus

Naomi (who returned last week), Nikki Bella, and Becky Lynch defeated Alexa Bliss,Natalya, and Mickie James in a 6-Woman Tag Team Match

As for those who wonder, yes, Brock Lesnar was once again dominated by Goldberg in the Rumble Match itself

Cena vs Styles & Owens vs reigns were very good matches (highlight matches) but they should have let Owens win clean. They are teasing a Reigns & Strowman feud but it would be better to have an Undertaker vs Reigns feud as Reigns is the one who eliminated the Undertaker (that look on the Undertaker's face) and that could be the beginning of Reigns turning to a heel. 

Strowman had 7 eliminations. 

Jericho now holds the record for the most combined time in Royal Rumble matches.

Randy Orton vs John Cena at Wrestlemania.....that is not a good booking (we need something fresher). It would be better to have Cena lose the title to Bray Wyatt and then have an Orton vs Wyatt match. That would be a much more interesting match. But we have Luke Harper turning on Bray Wyatt so things could get interesting.

My prediction for Wrestlemania 33

Goldberg vs Lesner

Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker

Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt if not then

Orton vs Cena and then

Wyatt vs Luke Harper

If Randy vs Bray does happens then a Cena vs AJ Styles rematch and a Luke Harper vs a returning Erick Rowan in a "family" feud match.

Braun Strowman vs either Mark Henry/Big Show (Strowman eliminated both) in a career ending match as both these guys are due to retire.

3 way tag team championship match (the title should not be just 2 teams as there are some good tag teams & you can create more feuds after W33).

Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho (break up the friendship or even have triple threat match).

Seth Rollins vs HHH (I think it will happen).