Chemical Lemon

88 Films SB Blu-ray

Other than 8 Diagram Pole Fighter, none of the other announced releases gets me too excited but I will double dip for CDWM to support them to keep the Shaw movies coming.

I'm really excited about the titles coming out over the next 4 or 5 months.This past year has been an excellent time for JC fans. Nice to also have more Shaw titles coming. 

how long dose it typically take to get a package from 88 films, i live in Florida and have gotten anything yet, i got an email that it was shipped on nov 15th, its been  going on 9 days now.

thanks 

9 hours ago, shawman34 said:

how long dose it typically take to get a package from 88 films, i live in Florida and have gotten anything yet, i got an email that it was shipped on nov 15th, its been  going on 9 days now.

thanks 

Shipping from the UK usually takes 9-15 days for me (I'm in Pennsylvania). But the last thing I got from 88 Films arrived in just 8 days.

Really excited about 8 DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER and all the upcoming Jackie Chan titles.

So, it’s only the Shaw Bros. titles that they can’t ship directly from their website to outside the U.K.? Are the slipcovers for the Shaws exclusive to website orders only and not Amazon orders? If I order 8 DIAGRAM from Amazon, will I get the slip?

6 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

So, it’s only the Shaw Bros. titles that they can’t ship directly from their website to outside the U.K.?

Correct. Only the Shaws can't be shipped outside the UK.

Are the slipcovers for the Shaws exclusive to website orders only and not Amazon orders?

Not all slips are exclusive to 88 Films.

If you check the product description for each title on Amazon then it will tell you if a slip is included.

Every title that I ordered from Amazon did come with a slip at the time. Not sure about now.

If I order 8 DIAGRAM from Amazon, will I get the slip?

It's too early to tell but very likely you will get one as this will be the "first wave" of orders.

5 hours ago, thekfc said:

Correct. Only the Shaws can't be shipped outside the UK.

Not all slips are exclusive to 88 Films.

If you check the product description for each title on Amazon then it will tell you if a slip is included.

Every title that I ordered from Amazon did come with a slip at the time. Not sure about now.

It's too early to tell but very likely you will get one as this will be the "first wave" of orders.

I went to 88 Films, put it in my cart, with my usual US address, and it appears to be letting me order it...?

1 hour ago, thehangman said:

still hoping for The Young Master

Dragon Lord

Spooky encounters 1 and 2

Agreed with you on Young Master and Dragon Lord especially now 88 are releasing multiple cuts! I’ve yet to see Spooky encounters how do you rate them? I take it Encounters of the spooky kind is an alternate title?

4 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Encounter of the Spooky Kind is one of my true HK favourites.

I've never seen the second film, and I don't think it's ever been on DVD officially.

ENCOUNTER OF THE SPOOKY KIND 2 was one of the first Golden Age HK films I ever saw, and still ranks in my top ten. Absolutely wonderful. I picked up this boot DVD from Far East Flix, a very nice anamorphic transfer with excellent quality original Cantonese mono soundtrack and decent English subtitles, the absolute best A/V I’ve ever seen on this film, waaaaaaaaaay better than the old Cinema City laserdisc:

http://www.fareastflix.com/horror/exploitation/encounters-of-the-spooky-kind-2/

22 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

The cover looks like a KungFuBob's work, isn't it ?

Yes, it is. 😁

88 Films moves the release date of the EIGHT DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER release UP, to March 2nd, 2020, and it will include [Limited Edition A3 Foldout Poster of the new artwork by Kung Fu Bob O-Brien] . Pre-order here: https://88-films.myshopify.com/collections/pre-orders/products/the-eight-diagram-pole-fighter-88-asia-25

6 hours ago, thehangman said:

still hoping for The Young Master

Dragon Lord

Spooky encounters 1 and 2

All of those would be terrific to have on Blu-ray.

4 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Agreed with you on Young Master and Dragon Lord especially now 88 are releasing multiple cuts! I’ve yet to see Spooky encounters how do you rate them? I take it Encounters of the spooky kind is an alternate title?

Yeah, them providing the multiple cuts is something most fans have always wanted, but it seemed like just a pipedream.

ENCOUNTERS OF THE SPOOKY KIND (1981, aka. Spooky Encounters / Ghost Against Ghost / Close Encounters of the Spooky Kind). I'm a huge fan of these flicks. Funny, creepy, imaginative, and featuring action by Sammo Hung at his prime.

4 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

I've never seen the second film, and I don't think it's ever been on DVD officially.

You're right brother. First time I ever saw it was when my friend bought it as a gift for me. He found the VHS in San Francisco's Chinatown while he was on vacation. Man, I was so thrilled! Very strange that it hasn't been more widely available.

3 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Spooky Encounters 2 is almost neck to neck with 1 for me, I love that movie.

Almost for me too. Definitely not a lacking sequel like we too often get.

2 hours ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

Does Warner have the rights to Spooky Encounters 2?:

If that's so then it's likely to be more awkward than Pedicab Driver. 

Good question. No idea.

8_Dagaram_2D_Slipcase_1400x.jpg

8_daigram_slipcase_3d_1400x.jpg

4 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

88 Films moves the release date of the EIGHT DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER release UP, to March 2nd, 2020, and it will include [Limited Edition A3 Foldout Poster of the new artwork by Kung Fu Bob O-Brien] . Pre-order here: https://88-films.myshopify.com/collections/pre-orders/products/the-eight-diagram-pole-fighter-88-asia-25

For reference the international paper size A3 paper is 297mm x 420mm (11.69in x 16.54in). The closest size in North American paper size I found is B (tabloid) 11in x 17in (279mm x 432mm).

Edited by Silver and Gold Dragon

5 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Congratulations !

I sent a message to 88 Films around Christmas asking them if they were still unable to ship the Shaws' to France and no answer as yet !

I'll try to preorder it from elsewhere, hoping that there will be the poster and the slipcase  !

5 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

9 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

You're right brother. First time I ever saw it was when my friend bought it as a gift for me. He found the VHS in San Francisco's Chinatown while he was on vacation. Man, I was so thrilled! Very strange that it hasn't been more widely available.

I loved the first one, I laughed a lot, but I didn't appreciate the second one as much as the first one.

For the second one, there is an official release by HKVideo with French subtitles. I bought the two of them one or two years ago in a boxset.

Did anyone outside the UK tried to buy again the Shaws' from 88 ?

I tried to add one into my cart and I'm at the step " review order " just before the payment, and no alert saying that they don't ship it to France, so, I'm wondering if I pay or if I remove it from the cart before paying the rest...

Any advice ?

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Did anyone outside the UK tried to buy again the Shaws' from 88 ?

I tried to add one into my cart and I'm at the step " review order " just before the payment, and no alert saying that they don't ship it to France, so, I'm wondering if I pay or if I remove it from the cart before paying the rest...

Any advice ?

No idea here. I didn’t want to risk it myself so I just ended up pre-ordering from Amazon. Perhaps 88 will respond or you can ask the same question over at www.blu-ray.com. Thankfully you can get their JC titles directly. 

Well, I bought Miracles, Dragons forever and Eight diagram pole fighters without any problems, and I noticed that for this latter and for Come drink with me, it wasn't mentioned " only ship to UK and Eire " as for the other ones I tried from Shaws, so, maybe there is a little that there are no more restrictions for the shipping outside the UK.

And as I said, they never answered me regarding this matter, so maybe it's because they ship worldwide now...If not, they'll refund me...

32 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Well, I bought Miracles, Dragons forever and Eight diagram pole fighters without any problems, and I noticed that for this latter and for Come drink with me, it wasn't mentioned " only ship to UK and Eire " as for the other ones I tried from Shaws, so, maybe there is a little that there are no more restrictions for the shipping outside the UK.

And as I said, they never answered me regarding this matter, so maybe it's because they ship worldwide now...If not, they'll refund me...

Thank you for the update!  Looks like shipping Shaws from 88 Films to outside the U.K. might be sorted now...