Chemical Lemon

88 Films SB Blu-ray

I  just received an email fomr 88 telling that they stop their skulls offer on December and that people will be able to spend thier skulls until March 2019.

And they announce a " buy 6, get one free or buy 12 get 2 free " offer...

On 12/10/2018 at 8:59 AM, MonkeyFu said:

The prices of many of the Shaw titles on Amazon are pretty low for the HD version.  Not all of them, but quite a few are only $2.99 - $4.99 to buy.  So I can understand why someone might be happy to pay only a few dollars instead of buying a physical copy when it's so much less expensive to get a digital version.  That was always one of the promises of digital media - lower pricing.  Although most studios and companies that sell digital copies seem to have forgotten that.

Apple must think that you are buying the "special edition deluxe blu-ray box set edition" as all their prices are about what one would pay for physical media. Normally I would never mess with digital downloads but no choice for most of these Shaws HD releases. 

2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I  just received an email fomr 88 telling that they stop their skulls offer on December and that people will be able to spend thier skulls until March 2019.

Well, that sucks! Doesn't do any good if they won`t ship Shaws to US directly from their site, either. Wonder if Amazon would give the same deal for their Shaw titles.

3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

mmm.... I was contemplating buying some stuff with my skull points, but being in the U.S. and the fact that the max coupon is now 10 gbp, and you can't use multiple coupons, and free shipping almost always is a coupon deal, and their prices are usually 5gbp > than amazon really makes use of skull points a cost for me.  If someone can actually use my skull points PM me and I'll cash them in and send the codes

So from now on only reason to order directly from them would be they ship future releases lot sooner than official street date is...Or make slipcases 88 store exclusives/or very limited editions. 

Need 3! points for voucher but I`m pretty sure pre-order for Snake&Crane..won`t be revealed this year and need nothing from there atm...

Their decision does not make much sense, 88items are more expensive from their store than in amazon and they get more£ into their own pockets easily/item than from disc sold by retailer still they now are driving people away to shop elsewhere.

I did read from other forum someone suggested fund raising for Shaws..in theory good idea before reality enters as they cannot sell them outside UK and Eire, who foreigner wants to donate money to get item released and dig pockets again to buy it then from amazon and missing maybe exclusive slip.

88 will be back. From their FB;

"

Just agreed upon a bunch of titles for early next year including some new Italian Collection, Jackie Chan and Shaw Bro’s...

After a difficult time this early this year, Q4 ‘19 and beyond is looking like vintage 88!

Thanks to everyone who has continued to buy our titles this year despite them at times being harder to get hold of and priced higher, we really appreciate that. Our distribution issues have been pretty much sorted now so we can go back to concentrating purely on what we love now, which is releasing awesome Blu-ray editions of culty films.

"

Hopefully in future they are allowed again to sell Shaws directly from their store to outside UK&Eire+announce titles soon...This hasn`t been good year of 88 films considering releases. Hollywood mainstream movies, (most likely crap) several italian cannibal flicks and although forthcoming Chans patch things little bit, they certainly improve in 2020.

Edited by Tex Killer

hopefully no dead stinkers like "Human Goddess" and such crap. Who knows what they were smoking when they bought this expensive licence. Think of any worthy Shaw which was passed because of that...

I liked Human Goddess, very charmingly old fashioned.

But yeah, the priority for me would be Legendary Weapons of China - basically I think they should pick titles that haven't had an English friendly BD release in the US, Germany or HK.

59 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

One title I really want (I know it has a bad rep) is Bruce Lee and I. Does Celestial offer that one to Western buyers at all, or is it a hot potato due to the Lee estate (unlikely I know)

I think that the word on that is that the Celestial master was edited. Dvd region 3 or possibly iTunes as far as I know. But it’s available.

Bruce Lee & I is of interest for a German Label these days, and of course it will be uncut, only the HK DVD was cut. the Jap DVD was uncut, but fogged during the scenes which were cut on HK DVD. most likely they will be full uncensored on the true Celestial master.

Deadly Angels is waiting now for:

- German & English Subtitles for the full uncut version (English are here already, but need to be re-timed from the Celestial trash version to fit onto release version)

- final video restoration of full uncut version to make it look a tad more like a Celestial restoration to fit with the uncut inserts scenes

it's not very far away, but a bit work is still required.

1 hour ago, spannick said:

Deadly Angels is waiting now for:

- German & English Subtitles for the full uncut version (English are here already, but need to be re-timed from the Celestial trash version to fit onto release version)

- final video restoration of full uncut version to make it look a tad more like a Celestial restoration to fit with the uncut inserts scenes

it's not very far away, but a bit work is still required.

GREAT NEWS AGAIN !! Thanks for the update !

Seems there's some kind of hint on the 88 Films Instagram story feed that suggests Come Drink With Me could be getting a release.....

Possible I've interpreted that wrong....

That would be a little underwhelming as i'm certain they would use the same transfer and subtitles as the cheap german disc.In fact i hope their new acquisitions aren't just the ones i already have from Germany 😂

10 hours ago, Ramji said:

Seems there's some kind of hint on the 88 Films Instagram story feed that suggests Come Drink With Me could be getting a release.....

Possible I've interpreted that wrong....

Can you provide the link? The only hint I saw was Kung Fu Bob's artwork for the upcoming Jackie Chan Crime Story release.

74164461_3057464534270135_81464648477274

69507822_3057468377603084_19275473492534

March releases...will end up getting 8 diagram for sure but still bit disappointed with these announcements...But there is more going funds going to 88 next year besides Pole Fighter, italian releases look awesome. Floor is wet as been drooling a lot, drowning danger soon...

Edited by Tex Killer

Aha, wasn’t wrong about Come Drink With Me! 

I’m happy with the announcements! Heart of Dragon, Heroes Shed No Tears and 8 Diagram Pole Fighter will also be awesome on Blu Ray!

Let`s see if they can now ship to abroad or do customers outside UK and Eire still have to buy them from amazon. While 8 diagram is great movie(except fu sheng scenes) Dragon Dynasty dvd is technically pretty fine and was hoping announcement of some Shaws released so far on ivl dvd only(or unreleased horror). Well, maybe and hopefully later. As we know, CDWM has already release in Germany. Slip looks nice tho...

Edited by Tex Killer