DragonClaws

The Black Dragon (The Ron Van Clief Appreciation Thread)

On 7/5/2018 at 2:20 AM, DragonClaws said:

Theman the myth, wiith Kelly Hu, and Michael Jai White, I cant I-D the rest of the group.

1urbanactionshowcasehiltonamcthe-3038005

On the far right is Taimak, star of The Last Dragon and between him and Michael Jai White is Fred Williamson.

Ron Van Clief signs some autogrpahs, for fans/students, back in the 70's, note his school emblem, on his Karate Gi, and the fan's t-shirt.

RVN71.JPG

Edited by DragonClaws

African Fists of Fury: Legendary Black Men Who Created Thier Own Viable Martial Arts Systems

Link- http://www.ancientfuturecollective.com/survival/2016/2/12/african-fists-of-fury-legendary-black-men-who-created-their-own-viable-martial-arts-systems

Edited by DragonClaws

A Classic 1984 clip featuring Ron introducing The Chinatown Kid on WNEW's Drive-In Movie and gave a quick anecdote about his meeting Alexander Fu Sheng

While digging thru old pics while doing a research I came across this pic.

In the background you can see that "The Black Dragon" is playing at the Cinerama in Manila in (March?) 1974.

2w3nwbd.jpg

On 1/9/2019 at 6:42 PM, thekfc said:

In the background you can see that "The Black Dragon" is playing at the Cinerama in Manila in (March?) 1974.

Great find, and thanks for sharing it here, there should have been more Black Dragon films, in my opinion.

10 hours ago, Dragon Face said:

Very nice! I met Mr. Van Clief a few years ago and I have been impressed with his personality and his good shape.

Yeah, that poster would make for a great Blu-Ray cover. It's a crime that we still havent had any kind of official release of his movies in the U.K. At least not since the VHS day's.