DragonClaws

Chinese Hercules (Bolo Yeung Appreciation Thread)

Actor Rich Ting's, character in the new Warrior series. Based on the ideas/writings of Bruce Lee. Has been named none other than Bolo, a clear nod to a certain actor/character in Enter The Dragon.

Mr Ting, second from the left, in a publcity still for the Warrior show.

MV5BYjEzNDI1YjItNTFiZS00OTk4LWEyZjItNDMy

Edited by DragonClaws

59 minutes ago, Secret Executioner said:

Nice hommage there. You'd expect the character with such a name to be bulkier though... 

Guess it was just a nod in name only, and maybe the fact he's also a villain?. Dont' know too many details about the show to be honest.

The world of kung fu isn't just about Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan: here are five martial arts masters who deserve more recognition

Here are five kung fu actors from Hong Kong cinema that any true fan of the genre should know and revere.

Link- https://yp.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/107480/world-kung-fu-isnt-just-about-bruce-lee-and-jackie-chan-here-are-five

yp_cover_kungfu071017web_0.jpg?itok=fUIo

Bolo Yeung: The Beast From The East

Link- https://gymtalk.com/bolo-yeung/

Bolo-Yeung791.png

Edited by DragonClaws

43 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

The world of kung fu isn't just about Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan: here are five martial arts masters who deserve more recognition

Here are five kung fu actors from Hong Kong cinema that any true fan of the genre should know and revere.

Link- https://yp.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/107480/world-kung-fu-isnt-just-about-bruce-lee-and-jackie-chan-here-are-five

yp_cover_kungfu071017web_0.jpg?itok=fUIo

I'm sorry, but why post noob shit like this on a forum that has been running for decades and for many member's, living or dead, on expert level? What's the point? I know you wanna plug your Bolo doc but does that mean linking to every single inconsequential blurb you find  about him online? If you wanna hype the doc, why not post some inside stuff from the production and if you just wanna honor his name by posting random stuff, I'm sure you can find better than this kindergarten level garbage.

1 minute ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

I'm sorry, but why post noob shit like this on a forum that has been running for decades and for many member's,

Firstly, thanks for the ever positive feedback. Not everyone who read's or visits or joins this forum, is an instant book of Kung Fu movie knowledge. There's so much I don't know, and I've been reading about these movies online for well over a decade.

2 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

I know you wanna plug your Bolo doc but does that mean linking to every single inconsequential blurb you find  about him online?

I created this thread, long before I was even apart of that documentary. My post had nothing to do with promoting our documentary. My original thread was created in 2016, but it was lost when the forums went down.

It was just me sharing two links I found online, little did I know it would incite so much anger in you.

If someone, inexplicably doesn't know who Sammo Hung, Lau Kar Leung, Bolo, Gordon or fucking Van Damme is, I'm not sure they belong here.... or anywhere martial arts cinema is dicussed. Though maybe I'm the one who doesn't belong her anymore.

2 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

If someone, inexplicably doesn't know who Sammo Hung, Lau Kar Leung, Bolo, Gordon or fucking Van Damme is, I'm not sure they belong here.... or anywhere martial arts cinema is dicussed. Though maybe I'm the one who doesn't belong her anymore. 

It's a public forum, and nobdy posts should have to please everyone on it. If they were to all pass your quality test first, then that would be a dictatorship. Not everything I post on here is for me, I post stuff for others too. Including those who might not be so knowledgable. There was a time when I didnt know any of the other names in the article, apart from Van Damme. People have sent me a lot of positive PM's since I joined, in regards to what I've posted.

Edited by DragonClaws

Bolo is in Scotland at a Comic-Con in October, £40  for an Autograph or £40 for a photo. A Photo with Bolo,JCVD &Michel Quissi is £233 😏

https://www.ticketquarter.co.uk/Online/seatSelect.asp?BOset::WSmap::seatmap::performance_ids=0EC47B35-A4EC-479D-862A-78E0625C28EE

Edited by saltysam

On 8/16/2019 at 10:24 PM, saltysam said:

Bolo is in Scotland at a Comic-Con in October, £40  for an Autograph or £40 for a photo. A Photo with Bolo,JCVD &Michel Quissi is £233 😏

https://www.ticketquarter.co.uk/Online/seatSelect.asp?BOset::WSmap::seatmap::performance_ids=0EC47B35-A4EC-479D-862A-78E0625C28EE

Thanks for posting this @saltysam, really glad this has worked out at last.

First time either Bolo or Van Damme have done a show/convention in the U.K too.

Edited by DragonClaws