Sign in to follow this  
Phantom Dreamer

What Happened?

I'll be re-posting most of my content over the next week or so, reviews, bio's etc. Luckily I have most of my posts saved anyway, something I've done ever since the last crash.

Unfortunately, the server hosting the site experienced problems, which caused the database of the forum to produce errors that were unrepairable. Fortunately, we had a schedule set up for making a backup of the forums database once a week. We were able to restore the forum from the date of the last backup, which was made on August 18.

We have now begun to make backups twice a day. So if this were to happen again, the potential loss of content would be quite minimal.

We do apologize for the inconvenience in downtime and any loss of content that may have directly affected you.

Just a reminder:

Dual backups of the forums database are made daily. Once in the morning and once at night. It has become a habit now, and hopefully, this will minimize any possible loss of content if the forum experiences any further server issues in the future. 

9 hours ago, massa_yoda said:

Unread content button still isn’t fixed...

Please tell me the trouble you are having with it. I just tried it with Chrome and Firefox, works perfectly fine for me.

3 hours ago, SMK said:

Please tell me the trouble you are having with it. I just tried it with Chrome and Firefox, works perfectly fine for me.

The uploaded image below is what I see when I click unread content.

E13B74BA-F23D-4D51-B712-69D15444A6A9.jpeg

2 hours ago, SMK said:

Clearing your cache should resolve any issues.

It's the same error message I got two days ago while clicking on a link.

Sorry, but...how do I clear the cache ? What is the cache ? I'm very ignorant of this kind of things, sorry !

8 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Sorry, but...how do I clear the cache ? What is the cache ? I'm very ignorant of this kind of things, sorry !

You can try doing what I did. I just Googled the site and resaved the bookmark tag.

I don't anything about clearing out my cache either, though I am quite adept at clearing out my cash.

19 hours ago, Koravec said:

Yeah Ive been getting the error page off in on the past few days by trying to access the forums.

I got this message on Sunday, but its been working fine since then.

On 10/16/2018 at 8:13 AM, ShaOW!linDude said:

You can try doing what I did. I just Googled the site and resaved the bookmark tag.

I don't anything about clearing out my cache either, though I am quite adept at clearing out my cash.

Which browser do you use to access the forum?

To clear your cache.

CHROME: 2 options 

1. Click the 3 dots upper right  - then choose clear browsing data (under Privacy & Security) - then clear browsing data - then you get the options to clear (a). history. (b). cookies (c). Cache.  Remember to select a time/date range.

2. Click the 3 dots upper right - then settings - scroll down to Privacy & Security - then choose clear browsing data - you will have the same options as above. 

MOZILLA FIREFOX: Upper right corner (3 slashes) - then Privacy & Security - then under cookies & site data choose clear data - then you have the options to delete what you want including cache & history.

INTERNET EXPLORER: Click the wheel upper right corner - then safety - then delete browsing history - then you will get the options to delete what you want.

25 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Google Chrome.

When on the forum, try pressing CTRL+F5 to hard reload the site. See if that helps.