I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Positioning an image within a post

Dear Abbot and friends, 

I've been using the wonderful drag and drop feature to insert photos into my posts. Is there a way to specifically position a photo within a post (such as above or below certain text?) 

I edit  posts and will sometimes add an image later on. 

Is the drag and drop the only way to insert images?

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Lady Jin Szu-Yi said:

Dear Abbot and friends, 

I've been using the wonderful drag and drop feature to insert photos into my posts. Is there a way to specifically position a photo within a post (such as above or below certain text?) 

I edit  posts and will sometimes add an image later on. 

Is the drag and drop the only way to insert images?

Thanks!

I'm on the job. I will post back once I got something for you. Working on it now. :wink

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 6:41 PM, Lady Jin Szu-Yi said:

Dear Abbot and friends, 

I've been using the wonderful drag and drop feature to insert photos into my posts. Is there a way to specifically position a photo within a post (such as above or below certain text?) ...

Is the drag and drop the only way to insert images?...

Yes to the first and no to the second.

There are two main ways to insert photos without dragging and dropping, but you need to know the URL of the picture.  However, for some reason they took out the insert image icon in the bar above (that really should be put back), so now there is only one main way.  I tend to use photobucket for image storage, but there are many sites online.

You can still use BBC code on here.  So to put an image in the middle TobiasFunkeSmall.jpg of this text

So to put an image in the middle [URL=http://s269.photobucket.com/user/masterofoneinchpunch/media/TobiasFunkeSmall.jpg.html][IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/masterofoneinchpunch/TobiasFunkeSmall.jpg[/IMG][/URL] of this text

You can ignore the URL tag, but that still works as well.

Christopher Pike saChrisPike.jpg.8628f4a5629b2a8bc4fd43808dys you can do it.  First click on "choose files", when you see the uploaded image double click on that to get it into this box.  Move your cursor over the image, click and hold the left mouse button (if you are using a right handed mouse), then move it to wherever you like.  I moved Pike to several places.

Edited by masterofoneinchpunch

Thanks, Master. Appreciate the response but it's not what I'm looking for.  I do not have access to image hosting space now and would rather upload images here directly. In that sense, I see no code within yours which allows for specific positioning within a post.

From experience I know that takes a bit more under the hood mao shan hoodoo (Sorry Abbot!)  

22 minutes ago, Lady Jin Szu-Yi said:

Thanks, Master. Appreciate the response but it's not what I'm looking for.  I do not have access to image hosting space now and would rather upload images here directly. In that sense, I see no code within yours which allows for specific positioning within a post. ...

Look at the bottom (Christopher Pike) of the previous message.  ChrisPike.jpgI believe I explain what you are looking for.  However, Pike was injured in the testing.

Edited by masterofoneinchpunch