I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
jiujitsu77

The Bobby Kim Appreciation Thread

Kill Line...dusted the ol vhs off from the vaults and found it to be

HORRIBLE...to be honest i would love to see some of his other korean efforts

kill line is an american martial arts film written and starring him. i was expecting MUCH more competent choreography given his status as a korean action star

so how good are his other films?

anyone?

I used to have this flick on vhs years ago and agree, it was aweful. Bobby Kim was trying to be like a Korean Charles Bronson with his pencil mustache and that ugly big teeth cop was really irritating lol. The acting was laughable of course but most importantly the fight scenes sucked as well. This is the only film I've seen Kim in but saw in a magazine years ago about him starring in a western called The Manchurian Avenger and he supposedly has a fight with Bill Wallace, it would be interesting to see that. Kim was a well known TKD instructor out of Colorado, don't know if he's still there or if he's still teaching.

LOL that's true...Kill Line was pretty bad. He was the only good martial artist of the entire cast in that film. I saw it as a 2-DVD set with one of his Korean films, Deadly Kick (Wangryong), where he co-starred with the late Lo Lieh. He was a lot better in Deadly Kick. He had a non-fighting role in one of my favorite B-movies, American Chinatown, as the friend of Henry Taejoon Lee's gangster who becomes his conscience.

dusted the ol vhs off from the vaults and found it to be HORRIBLE...to be honest i would love to see some of his other korean efforts. kill line is an american martial arts film written and starring him. i was expecting MUCH more competent choreography given his status as a korean action star

so how good are his other films?

anyone?

I've seen MAD FOR VENGEANCE. It's been years, but I remember Bobby Kim being pretty good in it.

I picked this movie up not long ago on DVD. It was a double dvd set with Deadly Kick, on Image DVD, so I thought it'd be good quality, and it was being sold rather high price, sometimes I'd see it on sale for 7.99$ but passed it up, then one day, it was on a sale table for 1.00$, so I got it. I haven't watched either yet, but the image quality was very bad, and I am glad I didn't pay more than 1.00$. Shame on Image DVD for putting this out like this.

Hahahaha that's Taekwondo grandmaster Bobby Kim. He did a series of Korean films in the 1970's before moving to the United States. Nice guy. I recently talked to him about the 1996 B-movie American Chinatown. He's in the film but never saw the final cut so I gave him the link to where he can get it and he thanked me. :) 

Hahahaha that's Taekwondo grandmaster Bobby Kim. He did a series of Korean films in the 1970's before moving to the United States. Nice guy. I recently talked to him about the 1996 B-movie American Chinatown. He's in the film but never saw the final cut so I gave him the link to where he can get it and he thanked me. :) 

Thanks for the insight and the nice story Albert.  :thumbsup 

Kill Line...dusted the ol vhs off from the vaults and found it to be

HORRIBLE...to be honest i would love to see some of his other korean efforts

kill line is an american martial arts film written and starring him. i was expecting MUCH more competent choreography given his status as a korean action star

I feel kind of bad because this is an 'appreciation' thread, but I also recently got through watching this one, and have to agree with jiujitsu77.  However not only did I endure watching it, I also decided to torture myself a little more by writing a full review.:tongueout  Check it out at the link below - 

http://www.cityonfire.com/kill-line-1991-review-richard-h-kim-bobby-kim/

Everything you said OAB was right on the ball! When I saw the movie, I was like "Huh?"

Edited by AlbertV

Taekwondo master receives recognition for achievements at home and nationwide

Link- https://www.sentinelcolorado.com/news/taekwondo-master-receives-recognition-for-achievements-at-home-and-nationwide/

AS.Karate.092413.0015.WEB_.jpg

Bobby Kim Electric Warrior by Bob McCauley

Link- http://martialartsmagazine.com/KIM/bobby_kim.htm

kim2.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws

Bobby Kim Double Feature: Twice the kicks, twice the action

Click on the links below, for my two Bobby Kim themed write-ups/rambles, thank-you.

BobbyKim6.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws

More Bobby Kim screen adventures, in the Deadly Roulette. Please click on the usual link below, for the full UNCUT write-up, thank you.

DeadlyRoulette.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws