I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Secret Executioner

How does the reputation thing work ?

While not a fan of it, the curiosity took the best of me and I decided to try and figure it out. Seems it's based on how many times other people have liked your stuff, but I guess I could have missed something - some people's reputation is surprisingly high or low, and it kinda bugs me. :hvb_not_sure:

Edited by Secret Executioner

@SMK and This is a question I was wondering about also as I am not sure how my reputation is higher than Brother Bob and Abbot, or people who have posts in the thousands! If I act up can I ruin my reputation??!!:khi1k:

Edited by Hei Meigui

@Secret Executioner @Hei Meigui @ShawAngela

The 'Reputation' of each member is based solely on the amount of 'Likes' you receive on post.

Hei, your reputation level is higher than @KUNG FU BOB and I, because you've been posting more and I take it, your posts are viewed as added value to the forum, so people are liking your posts. The whole 'Like This' feature only started with this new version of the forum, so it doesn't matter that Bob has more posts than you.

The more someone posts, or the more valuable your posts are viewed by other members, means you have a greater chance to receiving more 'Likes' than someone who doesn't posts as often.

This is not a popularity contest, and shouldn't be thought of in that way. It's just a way for people to show appreciation for a post you may do, but who don't really have the time or have anything to say regarding your posts. You can look at it in many different ways, clicking the 'Like This' button could be like saying "Thank You", "I Agree", "Thumbs Up", etc.

We did also have the choice of putting a 'Thumbs Down' button, but Bob and I wanted to keep things positive on the forum, and didn't want anyone 'Disliking' another members post.

If anyone DOES NOT like a certain feature on the forum, PLEASE speak up. If enough members step forward and let us know they do not like something, we will consider disabling it, or doing what we can to make it better.

KUNG FU FANDOM is a community forum. By all of us working together, we can make it the one and only place that any fan of the martial arts film genre will ever need to visit and talk among your peers, in peace. 

@Secret Executioner @Hei Meigui @ShawAngela

KUNG FU FANDOM is a community forum. By all of us working together, we can make it the one and only place that any fan of the martial arts film genre will ever need to visit and talk among your peers, in peace. 

Ok thanks for clarifying that, I will not then act up and have to be the table flipping monkey (yet!!) And thanks for not choosing the dislike button. Have you posted your old saying about forgiving offense or I forget what it said. I liked that at the beginning of the posts.

Now I just need to make sure I don't post crappy stuff!!:yociexp100:

Edited by Hei Meigui

Sorry Hei: I just gave you an even better reputation. But keep flipping that desk with the monkey kung fu...

I like posts that make me laugh, offer some great info / reviews or make me think. 

Folks are wonderful here.  Numbers mean nothing to me (well, not until I start practicing Taoist magic anyway.) 

and right on with the positivity vibes...:monk_toasting:

Edited by Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Numbers mean nothing to me...

(With great embarrassment, Bob slowly and quietly backs out of the room with his well-intentioned,  gift-wrapped box of numbers he was about to present to Lady Jin...)

(With great embarrassment, Bob slowly and quietly backs out of the room with his well-intentioned,  gift-wrapped box of numbers he was about to present to Lady Jin...)

Uhhh back back in Brother Bob...Never kind of give a gift to a woman!! Sometimes we may say we don't want something and we really do!!! You have to know that by now!!! You don't know if she actually started practicing her Taoist magic!!!

Sorry Hei: I just gave you an even better reputation. But keep flipping that desk with the monkey kung fu...

I like posts that make me laugh, offer some great info / reviews or make me think. 

Folks are wonderful here.  Numbers mean nothing to me (well, not until I start practicing Taoist magic anyway.) 

and right on with the positivity vibes...:monk_toasting:

Thanks Lady! I see your Like and I raise you one!! (oops now backing out herself remembering Abbot said this wasn't a contest!!):monk_concerned:

The monkey flipping the desk is AWESOME.  

:rockon :thumbsup :cool :khi1k: :cool :thumbsup  :rockon  

SE please put the desk down...See this is why we can't have nice things!!!:coveredlaugh

and thanks Abbot @SMK for adding the quote about playing nice back!!

Buddha Bless you!

Edited by Hei Meigui

Uhhh back back in Brother Bob...Never kind of give a gift to a woman!! Sometimes we may say we don't want something and we really do!!! You have to know that by now!!! You don't know if she actually started practicing her Taoist magic!!!

Thanks Lady! I see your Like and I raise you one!! (oops now backing out herself remembering Abbot said this wasn't a contest!!):monk_concerned:

SE please put the desk down...See this is why we can't have nice things!!!:coveredlaugh

and thanks Abbot @SMK for adding the quote about playing nice back!!

Buddha Bless you!

Buddha Bless us all. 

If there's one thing I learned in this particular fandom, kindness counts. 

This is not a contest, but you made me laugh. 

Taoist magic.. uh... (:hvb_chillout:)

Well,  if Brother Bob would be gracious enough to slip me the winning lottery numbers, I'll gladly accept those (and naturally share the Loot.)