I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

KUNG FU BOB

WELCOME BACK! Questions & Answers Thread

Greetings kung fu brothers and sisters... the forum is ready to launch!

You have been waiting a long time, but we've had plenty of hurdles to overcome on the path to this moment. At one point after several weeks of work, nearly everything had to be scrapped due to a serious technical issue, and we had to start anew. It was far from easy, but we certainly think it was worth all the countless hours and hard work to get here. The kungfucinema.com forum was recovered from its digital oblivion, we've merged the shaolinchamber36.com forum into it, and updated and upgraded the entire thing to bring you the Kung Fu Fandom Forum!

Please read the rest of this message so that you are informed and ready for the official launch of the Kung Fu Fandom Forum today.

Where?:  http://www.shaolinchamber36.com/kungfufandom

When?:  Today! September 26, 2015, at 6:00 PM, Pacific Time, and 9:00 PM Eastern Time (in North America).

What to expect?:  All of the years of threads, posts, conversations, reviews, and everything we love is all still there. But now, there's even more great content than last time you were there as a result of the forums merging. It's also bigger, better, and more user friendly. Below are a few notes on what to expect...

- People who had accounts on both Fandom (kungfucinema.com forum) and the SC36 Forum using different names: Both accounts will remain so that the past posts, people commenting on & quoting them, will all still make sense when reading these old posts. If you were 'Johnny Wushu' on Fandom, and 'Karate John' on SC36, your names will now appear like this: 'Johnny Wushu (aka. Karate John)', and 'Karate John (aka. Johnny Wushu)' on the posts you made under those names. These members will choose one of their names to continue with, and the other name will be frozen. So please contact us to let us know which of your account names you want to retain. Thank you!

- On some accounts, the avatars/signatures were not recovered during the migration process. You can simply re-upload your previous avatar/signature or a new avatar/signature by going into your profile settings. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

- Some of the YouTube links are broken too, but there is an easy fix which we will explain (unless they are dead links, of course). We decided it made more sense to have everyone help fix these links rather than Ray and I doing it ourselves, and holding up the forum launch until 2022! :D Again, sorry for the inconvenience. 

- We will continue to fix any bugs and other issues on the forum as time goes on. If there is a problem specific to your account, or in general, please let us know and we will do our best to address the issues. PM the administrators 'SMK' or 'KUNG FU BOB'. 

- There are forum tips and tutorials in place now, which we believe you will find useful in explaining some of the new features. We will continue to add more over time. 

- We have closed the 'IMAGES' section, and relocated all of its threads to appropriate places within the forum (mostly to the 'General Discussion' sections). We replaced it with a new 'GALLERY' section which is much nicer, easier to use, and has lots of exciting features.

- Adding photos is now super easy and no longer requires using sites like Photobucket, ImageShack, or imager, with several simple options. 

- Adding videos is also a snap, even for those members that aren't tech savvy. 

- Like on social media, you can 'tag' or be tagged in a post, and be notified of 'mentions'.

- There's a wonderful 'Preview Box' feature now, where you can hover over a thread's title and immediately see the first and last posts without even opening the thread.

- New and varied 'Smilies' are now available, including Gyonsi ones!

- You will love the 'Chat Room'! Fandom's has been closed for years, but SC36 members know how much fun it is chatting it up in this feature. No doubt we will have many unforgettable get togethers in there.

- You now have your choice of several cool 'Background Images' for a forum look that appeals most to you.

- A new feature allows you to quickly and easily 'share a post' with your friends via social media.

- There's so much more, but we don't want to ruin all the surprises. You'll see for yourself when you visit. 

Please ask any questions you may have here, and we will answer them there as well. That way everyone can easily find answers to any common queries that come up.

We must once again thank Teako, Linn Haynes' widow Monica, her IT expert brother, and all the people that contributed to the fundraiser to finance this project, for without all of you, the resurrection of Kung Fu Fandom Forum could not have happened. Kung Fu Fandom Forum members rock the world!

Buddha bless you,

Bob & Ray (aka. Kung Fu Bob & Abbot SMK)

Well this was a pleasant to surprise to see even my avatar from Legend of Boggy Creek was saved. lol

Yea!!!!! Glad to see the forums are merged! And I found My Many Mini-Reviews!!!!

Happy feedback is music to our ears! Gotta admit, this launch had my nerves on edge. :bs_coveredlaugh:

Exit Kung Fu Cinema, Enter Kung Fu Fandom...

I had to do it, Exit The Dragon, Enter The Tiger is my favorite Bruceploitation movie of all! :laugh

Special thanks to Kung Fu Bob and everyone else involved who helped rescue this place from internet limbo and given us back a place we called home.

Feels good to be home...

Edited by Shaolivevil

Big congrats to Ray and Bob for all their hard working in getting this thing up and running. I look forward to interacting with all my fellow kung fu brothers and sisters once again.

Yay!!!!!!! How Awesome!!! Abbot and Brother Bob, I am so glad that you all were able to bring this off. It feels like it has been forever! What ever help you all need keep us updated.

Welcome back everyone I've missed you!! (even the new people just signing up!!:monk_toasting:)

Edited by Hei Meigui

i missed my brothers and sisters and appreciate you guys for having me up at almost 2am when I have to be awake at 6am to work 16 hours. 

Finally!! Muchas gracias to KFB, Teako et al. for takin' on the enormous task to bring our H.O.M.E. back from digital nirvana ... and make it look so much nicer than before! This new site was well worth waiting fo'! I'm only missing a HK & Chinese Cinema caption up there on equal footing with the Japanese & Koreans ones. So brothers, pleeease!!!

Firstly, great to be back.  Bows to everyone - I missed this community. 

An absolutely fantastic job, Ray, Bob, Teako (and Mark for letting it all happen again.) :hvb_so_proud:

Forum is super easy to use, so is the chatroom.