KUNG FU BOB

WELCOME BACK! Questions & Answers Thread

1 hour ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Oh, just noticed all my pm's from February onward are lost, too. That sux.

Yeah, unfortunately it's everything from that time period.

I lost a lot of saved PMs too... major bummer.

Since the forum has come back I keep getting signed out for no reason. Sometimes I have to log in multiple times until I can access the site.

Anyone else here experiencing this?.

On 12/12/2016 at 6:38 AM, DragonClaws said:

Since the forum has come back I keep getting signed out for no reason. Sometimes I have to log in multiple times until I can access the site.

Anyone else here experiencing this?.

I am not experiencing this, which browser are you using? Is it on PC or mobile?

23 hours ago, SMK said:

I am not experiencing this, which browser are you using? Is it on PC or mobile?

Hi SMK, the problem appears to have rectified itself but thanks anyway.

Well, it may have taken a month, but I have finally cleared a backlog of work.

2016 has been a difficult year personally. A spate of bereavements, a health scare for an elderly parent, and lately major weather disruptions to the farm work schedule. Throughout, the Forums had been a shining light, a place of refuge from the stress of everyday life. I certainly missed their presence when the server failed, but by then work pressures were building and little spare time was available.

The return of the Forums was a double edged sword. Like other recently registered members my presence was completely erased from the threads. There was something very unsettling about this and I found myself grieving for the 'loss' of AgriWuxia. An overreaction? I tend to think so. Nevertheless, I relived emotions experienced with the bereavements earlier in the year. And yes, at the time, the thought of leaving had briefly crossed my mind.

Yet quitting is not the answer, it only compounds the loss. It is not the way I was brought up, and it certainly is not the way of the Wuxia/Kung Fu heroes we all admire. SMK and Kung Fu Bob are absolutely correct. Life is full of setbacks. What is important is that we get back up, dust ourselves off and forge ahead. Content can be replaced, but what can never be lost is our community's love and appreciation for the genre. AgriWuxia may have been rendered temporarily comatose, but he is now awake and on the road to recovery. I look forward to resuming discussions with members, and hope to contribute in some small way to the future success of the Forums.

Finally, a sincere thank you to SMK and Kung Fu Bob for your efforts to re-establish the Forums. It would have been tragic to have lost them altogether. I am very grateful for the opportunity to continue. A new year, a new beginning...

On 12/14/2016 at 7:15 PM, teako170 said:

Good to see the forum back up and running.

Will this place ever die?

I don't think so....

The forum that wouldn't die!

On 12/25/2016 at 8:31 AM, Jacktheripper said:

Checked back up on this forum and found out my entire account was deleted, so had to register again =_= lost all my threads and pms :( anyway, good to be back.. happy holidays folks 

Sorry all of your stuff was lost, but glad you returned.

On 1/6/2017 at 11:05 PM, AgriWuxia said:

Well, it may have taken a month, but I have finally cleared a backlog of work.

2016 has been a difficult year personally. A spate of bereavements, a health scare for an elderly parent, and lately major weather disruptions to the farm work schedule. Throughout, the Forums had been a shining light, a place of refuge from the stress of everyday life. I certainly missed their presence when the server failed, but by then work pressures were building and little spare time was available.

The return of the Forums was a double edged sword. Like other recently registered members my presence was completely erased from the threads. There was something very unsettling about this and I found myself grieving for the 'loss' of AgriWuxia. An overreaction? I tend to think so. Nevertheless, I relived emotions experienced with the bereavements earlier in the year. And yes, at the time, the thought of leaving had briefly crossed my mind.

Yet quitting is not the answer, it only compounds the loss. It is not the way I was brought up, and it certainly is not the way of the Wuxia/Kung Fu heroes we all admire. SMK and Kung Fu Bob are absolutely correct. Life is full of setbacks. What is important is that we get back up, dust ourselves off and forge ahead. Content can be replaced, but what can never be lost is our community's love and appreciation for the genre. AgriWuxia may have been rendered temporarily comatose, but he is now awake and on the road to recovery. I look forward to resuming discussions with members, and hope to contribute in some small way to the future success of the Forums.

Finally, a sincere thank you to SMK and Kung Fu Bob for your efforts to re-establish the Forums. It would have been tragic to have lost them altogether. I am very grateful for the opportunity to continue. A new year, a new beginning...

Thanks for coming back. Sad to hear you had such a tough year, but your attitude about it all is inspiring.

On 15/12/2016 at 0:15 AM, teako170 said:

Good to see the forum back up and running.

Will this place ever die?

I don't think so....

Well said my dear friend :smile

10 hours ago, Dusan said:

Hi there!

Would you mind sharing your thoughts with us on how you get movie recommendations? Me and some friends are trying working on a project to make it easier for us to find a movie to watch.

There’s a billion lists and recommendation tools out there, but we realized that the movie we end up liking the best were always the ones recommended by our friends and family. They aren’t always available on Friday nights, so we thought, how about all the other friendly faces out there? How can we connect to them? We also all love the feeling when someone comes back and liked a movie we recommended… so we decided to build an app to crack this nut. 

Basically we’re going for something along the lines of sending out a request for a movie to watch, right there when you’re in the situation where you need it. Then helpful users can recommend a movie based on what you say you’re looking for.
We haven’t coded anything yet, because we’re trying to figure out what would be the most essential features. If anyone feels like they might be interested in this idea, we’d love to hear your input either in the comments/replies or in this questionnaire.

Let us know what you think! We’re building this service/app to solve our own problem, and we’d love to solve your problems at the same time 😊

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZCHZPYM

Thank you! 🙏

P.S. No bad intention here or wish to spam you guys 😇

UGH

On 5/6/2019 at 10:25 AM, Dusan said:

Hi there!

Would you mind sharing your thoughts with us on how you get movie recommendations? Me and some friends are trying working on a project to make it easier for us to find a movie to watch.

There’s a billion lists and recommendation tools out there, but we realized that the movie we end up liking the best were always the ones recommended by our friends and family. They aren’t always available on Friday nights, so we thought, how about all the other friendly faces out there? How can we connect to them? We also all love the feeling when someone comes back and liked a movie we recommended… so we decided to build an app to crack this nut. 

Basically we’re going for something along the lines of sending out a request for a movie to watch, right there when you’re in the situation where you need it. Then helpful users can recommend a movie based on what you say you’re looking for.
We haven’t coded anything yet, because we’re trying to figure out what would be the most essential features. If anyone feels like they might be interested in this idea, we’d love to hear your input either in the comments/replies or in this questionnaire.

Let us know what you think! We’re building this service/app to solve our own problem, and we’d love to solve your problems at the same time 😊

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZCHZPYM

Thank you! 🙏

P.S. No bad intention here or wish to spam you guys 😇

This is stupid and this is spam, I mean an anonymous account spreading an ad is the definition of spam. The idea of an app or great reference database about Martial Arts movies especially is not a bad idea though. Recommandation, yeah but it’s very subjective. And there is a saying in the app world : « If it doesn’t exist already, it’s impossible or nobody cares », there are plenty of those projects, none of them really works, for many reasons. 

Edited by Rodolphe Dux

There’s a billion lists and recommendation tools out there, 

Yes, we don't need another one. 

but we realized that the movie we end up liking the best were always the ones recommended by our friends and family. They aren’t always available on Friday nights, so we thought, how about all the other friendly faces out there? 

So asking a complete stranger, which is not recommended by friends and family, which you say you ended up liking the best. So completely defeats the purpose. Jog on.