I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

KUNG FU BOB

WELCOME BACK! Questions & Answers Thread

We are working on getting the 'Search function' upgraded. Once it is, we urge members to search for pre-existing threads before starting new threads.

Hey @SMK & @KUNG FU BOB - any update on the Search function being able to work correctly yet?

It still doesn't search by thread title first, and instead seems to search any posts which contain the words being searched for in order of date (newest to oldest).  If the search you're looking for hasn't been mentioned since, say, 2005...then at the moment you can have to look through up to 15 pages of search results just to find the thread you're looking for.

Hey all, we id some upgrades on Monday. The 'search' function is WAY better now than it was. Hopefully it will make things easier for everybody.

Hmmm... I'm trying to remember what one of the other upgrades was... :BL-Hypnotize: ... yeah!

6 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Refresh your cache.

If only my bank account would automatically do this.... :cool

As I've learned, refreshing my cache is golden here. 

Loving the upgrades!

REGARDING THE BACKGROUND THEME: The background CAN be changed to a plain one. While you are here on the forum, scroll down to the very bottom of the page. On the far bottom left you will see “THEME”, and if you click the arrow next to it, drop-down options will appear. Click on "BASIC" and you should have a look that will be more to your liking.

2 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

If I pick basic, does that bring the cost down on server cost, ;) Love you BOB! Yah Kung FU Bastard!!!

No, and I'll respect you less if you do. (Yes... even less. :xd:)

Welcome back everyone.

Extremely happy that the forum is back up and running - I know that it is a "second" home to many members.

Although that we have lost some files, we can always re-post/rebuilt what was "lost".

As mentioned in the "the welcome back" message at the top of the pages, if you notice anything is a-miss, let the mod team know.

Once again, happy to see the forum back and running.

I'm so glad that the forum is back that the lost files are just a minor problem for me, and, as it has already been said, if each of us has kept a trace of his/her post (I'm not absolutely sure that I did it for all of them...:wink), we'll just have to re-post them and we'll have get back our " good old forum "...

Thanks for all the efforts in getting it back.

Great to see the forum back, but nearly all my posts from the past year appear to be missing?. All the threads I posted actors and actress's forum have now gone. I only saved my reviews and nothing else:speechless. Why have certain threads gone and not others?.

Edited by DragonClaws

Most of mutual reviews threads appear to be missing too?, has someone targeted this site and removed certain content?.

Appreciate all the hard work that's gone into getting the site up, but how come most of our content is missing?

50 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Most of mutual reviews threads appear to be missing too?, has someone targeted this site and removed certain content?.

Appreciate all the hard work that's gone into getting the site up, but how come most of our content is missing?

yes I feel the same way a lot of threads I made in the music section are gone maybe they lost some info content when all the time the forum was down don't know

peace to all my kung fu brothers and sisters happy early holidays

Howdy..........................and we are most happy U are back.

This digital age has its fair share of BS and trolls whom mean do US wrong.....................yet through it all we are strong.

Thanks SC 36 for you determination to set us afloat again.

It will take me a bit to get back into the flow and on course again but most happy that you ALL are back on line.

GD Y-Y 

@DragonClaws and @shaolin swords no, nothing was targeted or done maliciously by anyone. It's simply a matter of the threads you mentioned must have been created in the last 9 1/2 months, and sadly all of that content is gone. There are so many things like this that are going to be sorely missed. All we can do now is move ahead, restore any content that individual members may have personally saved, or re-create the threads that are gone that we miss.

I am so sorry that even the tiniest bit of member's content was lost, but it was not something we had any control over. As was mentioned though, we are personally safe-guarding everything from now on. There was a ton of amazing stuff that I had planned to read, but hadn't had the chance to get to. Extremely disappointing. None of the content I contributed was backed up either, so I am in the same boat as everyone else- though my contributions during the affected time period pale in comparison to the prolific writings of many others.

Fortunately, despite this digital disaster, the forum at large was saved (yet again!) and we still have something to build on (as opposed to starting from scratch).

We're back online, baby!!

Sad that many posts and reviews have been lost, but thus is the hideous bitch goddess that is the internet. Hope to exchange posts with you all soon!

Nice to see my fandom friends again!  Hope everyone is doing well this holiday season.  Currently I'm looking forward to receiving shout's new releases of Big Boss & FoF.  Kung fu Santa ftw.

10 minutes ago, chenzen said:

I am so grateful the forum is back! I felt life something was missing in my free time when I couldn't view the site lol

My thoughts exactly.

Happy to be back, happy to be.. home!