I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

KUNG FU BOB

WELCOME BACK! Questions & Answers Thread

Someone needs glasses. I, GHW, am right here (only under my SC36 identity... :bandit ) and I'm pretty sure OKFC has been around lately. But thanks for the concern.

Oops, my bad.

Questions on the Search function - I'm trying to locate the thread The Delinquent(the SB movie), I'm pretty sure I made a dedicated thread for that movie years ago, when I did a search most of them came up for the new Delinquent Girl Boss thread in the Japanese section. I did a topic search and a search with my name as the author with 0 results for both. Is it possible it got lost on the crossover? Was looking to link KFBob's review to that page, if it's lost then time to give it another rewatch and make another thread.

We have the KFC "What is everyone else watching(besides KF)" thread but we had one at chamber36 too, I can't find it, is there anyway to combine both threads? 

Also couldn't find the pet thread with all of KFBob's cool critters. I did a search for pets but nothing came up, maybe it had a different name?

Sites looking good,appreciate all the hard work, taking a little bit of getting use to, one thing I'm finding disorienting is the poster's name seems to run in with the title bar, makes me keep looking at a poster's status as their name, though I do like you moved it back on the right hand side.

If you can find it and provide the link, I will merge it for you. You can PM it to me. I'll look for it and the 'Pets' thread too. Do you remember who started either thread by chance?

See below for response to your 'SEARCH' question.

A little late to the table here, but I'm really digging the new look and am relieved that the old info has been recovered. Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway) a great big thanks to those responsible... and stuff

Glad to see things are up and running.  Missed this.

Hello everyone! I'm glad to see that everybody is still together. I'm glad to be back as a more mature, smarter individual than when I left. lol

Glad you guys are back, and even happier to hear that DarthKato has improved himself. :wink: What's your secret buddy?

Great to see the forum back!  Hats off to Bob & Ray for all of their hard work!  I did have one question, and it's coming from a technically incompetent buffoon, so I'm sure it has an easy answer....am I missing something with the search function?

If I type in exact movie titles, for example 'Ip Man 3' or 'Monk Comes Down the Mountain', which are actual thread titles, it comes back with 0 results.

Searching through pages of posts to try and locate specific threads is quite time consuming, so is there a quick fix to rectify the search function?

See below for response to your 'SEARCH' question.

Question do I upload pictures and you tube clips in the same old way??

No. Uploading both is much easier now.

For videos, watch this: http://www.shaolinchamber36.com/kungfufandom/index.php?/topic/21146-how-to-easily-embed-a-youtube-video/

For photos, right below the area where you type your text you'll see a place that says "Drag files here to attach, or choose files...". Self explanatory. Then to insert INTO your post (as opposed to after it) you'll see a 'plus sign', hover over it and click on the option 'Add To Post'.

New forum looks great. You gents have done a fine job with the migration to the new site, thanks to all involved for saving the forum.

Glad to see your return.

Questions on the Search function - I'm trying to locate the thread The Delinquent(the SB movie), I'm pretty sure I made a dedicated thread for that movie years ago, when I did a search most of them came up for the new Delinquent Girl Boss thread in the Japanese section. I did a topic search and a search with my name as the author with 0 results for both. Is it possible it got lost on the crossover? Was looking to link KFBob's review to that page, if it's lost then time to give it another rewatch and make another thread.

The Search feature is something that we're told by the developer will be updated/upgraded/fixed "in early October". We will make an announcement once this is done. In the meantime we apologize for any inconvenience this wonky 'search' engine may cause.

Can I change the title of a thread if I created it? Hope I'm not being a pain in the ass:monk_huh:

No, you are not being a pain at all! That's what this thread is for.

I believe you can. Click the edit post button in the first post on your thread, and you should be able to. If not, just PM me with a link to the thread and the new thread title you'd like, and I'll do it. LMK if you are able to, okay?

Can we still delete our posts? And where's the "preview post" function disappeared to?

Deleting posts can only be done by mods. If you ever need a post deleted please PM one of the mods, provide the link to the thread, and copy and paste the text of the post you would like deleted (to avoid the wrong one being removed).

WHY ISN'T THERE A 'PREVIEW POST' FEATURE ANYMORE? So, you are writing a post and want to see how it will look before hitting the 'Submit Reply' button? Well, unlike on the previous forums, instead of code showing up in your text to represent where 'Italics', 'Bold text', or 'smilies' will appear, you now see your post exactly as it will appear, as you type it! So there is no need for that feature anymore. :rockon

Edited by KUNG FU BOB

You can (kind of) preview while typing actually - the code stuff (for images, quotes, smileys and so forth) is automatically activated. 

Yeah, but it's just not the same. I preferred the old method. Suppose it's just something I'll have to get used to. :speechless

Thanks, Bob, but I'm not seeing the options button anywhere.

Yeah, it's just not the same though. I preferred the old method. Suppose I'll just have to get used to it. :speechless

And I agree the text adjusting as you type is a bit strang, but I'm getting used to this. Actually it's one of the additions I had no problem with. :nodding

Should there be a limitation to the amount of topics you can post per week or for the month?The reason why I'm inquiring is because I noticed that there have been previous topics posted but you won't be able to post responses to them if they're not in view.When I wasn't posting topics of my own I noticed a lot of "backwash" topics that weren't getting little to no responses because they're older and on the next page.You can't delete your old posts so they're just in limbo.The older topics from years ago have been locked and you can't respond or read them even if you wanted to.If too many new topics are posted then the previous ones won't get responces from them.I was digging through some topics a few weeks old that will never see the light of day if no one explores them.

Me being relatively new and all sometimes I get lazy and just respond to the topics on the first page available and don't bother to view the other ones.But as of late I have been looking and there are some good ones.I have also blundered at least two times and posted a topic that was already posted in the past but I wasn't a member then so I wasn't aware.I just want to avoid anything being wasted or overlooked because there is good info available but I also want to avoid bombardment.Is this something to be concerned about or no?

Should there be a limitation to the amount of topics you can post per week or for the month?The reason why I'm inquiring is because I noticed that there have been previous topics posted but you won't be able to post responses to them if they're not in view.When I wasn't posting topics of my own I noticed a lot of "backwash" topics that weren't getting little to no responses because they're older and on the next page.You can't delete your old posts so they're just in limbo.The older topics from years ago have been locked and you can't respond or read them even if you wanted to.If too many new topics are posted then the previous ones won't get responces from them.I was digging through some topics a few weeks old that will never see the light of day if no one explores them.

Me being relatively new and all sometimes I get lazy and just respond to the topics on the first page available and don't bother to view the other ones.But as of late I have been looking and there are some good ones.I have also blundered at least two times and posted a topic that was already posted in the past but I wasn't a member then so I wasn't aware.I just want to avoid anything being wasted or overlooked because there is good info available but I also want to avoid bombardment.Is this something to be concerned about or no?

I recently responded to a thread from 2007 which then was bumped to the first page. I can't imagine any old threads being locked (unless a mod locked it intentionally).  What you say Ray/Bob?

How do I change my avatar/picture? It seems that once I uploaded the initial one, I doesn't let me change it.

On your profil page, you can click on your avatar (upper left) and it will enable you to change it.

Edit: here's a screen shot from my profile so you can see - I put my mouse on the little box with the picture icon in the bottom left corner and it reads "Profile Photo". I had a bit of hard time then found it by pure luck. 

Edited by Secret Executioner

No, there's no limitation. We are working on getting the 'Search function' upgraded. Once it is, we urge members to search for pre-existing threads before starting new threads. But if multiple threads on the same subject get posted we will merge them. If anyone notices duplicate subject threads, please PM a mod and we will merge them.

There should only be a few locked threads on the forum, and they are still readable, you just can't add to them. Even threads from as far back as 2007 should still be available to both read and post in. If you find ones that aren't, please PM us the link of the thread so we can look into it. Thanks. :wink:

I recently responded to a thread from 2007 which then was bumped to the first page. I can't imagine any old threads being locked (unless a mod locked it intentionally).  What you say Ray/Bob?

True, unless it's a glitch in The Matrix. :dull If anyone finds old threads that you can't read, please let us know.

How do I change my avatar/picture? It seems that once I uploaded the initial one, I doesn't let me change it.

On your profile page, you can click on your avatar (upper left) and it will enable you to change it.

Edit: here's a screen shot from my profile so you can see - I put my mouse on the little box with the picture icon in the bottom left corner and it reads "Profile Photo". I had a bit of hard time then found it by pure luck. 

Secret Executioner nailed it. Thanks for helping! :clappinghands Did that work for you Zatotom?

Question: is it possible to darken the font for someone's post that is quoted? It's so light/faint, I'm straining my eyes sometimes.

The Quote Box.

"We can rebuild it. We have the technology"