KUNG FU BOB

WELCOME BACK! Questions & Answers Thread

Thanks SMK and Bob for the hard work getting the forum(s) back online as well as Teako and any others that were involved in saving KFC from oblivion. What you have done is much appreciated, I'm sure by all! Thank you. Please reach out to me if you need help with the grunt work, would be more than happy to help out.

Now to take a look around...

Thank you so much to all, who were involved in bringing back our much valued Kung Fu Cinema board! Merging those two boards really makes sense! I'm happy to be here! :) 

Edited by Betty Pei Ti

Hey all, so far so good. Looks like everyone is enjoying themselves.

In the following post I'll answer questions, address a couple of issues, and point out some cool new features you might not have noticed.

I contacted some of the guys from the old forum on the asian action association and ninja dojo Facebook group.  I'll try and let them know more about what happened.

Is there any chance we can get the kungfucinema.com domain bought and routed to here?  That might just be the fastest way to scoop everyone up back to the newest incarnation.

Is there plans on branching this out more someday?  Movie reviews?  Newbie guides?  You guys have moved mountains already!  And I'm so glad you were there to save the forum.  Just concerned that we've always gotta find ways to brainwash newbies into the fandom...lol

Thoughts?

Thank you for that Waywardsage! Very nice of you to alert other members.

To answer your question about the domain: It's being discussed.

There are still a lot of members out there that have no idea what happened- kungfucinema.com closing and the forum moving- so we all have to make a concerted effort to help spread the word. There are many members who are not on social media, so if each of you notices friends missing, and you have their e-mail or phone numbers, please let them know the forum's new location.

Glad to be a link in this massive chain.Hope it never breaks...

An honor to be a page in this book of heroes....

A bow to you all.

Welcome to the forum Kokuryuha.

Each of us a link in the chain... that's a perfect way to put it. We've still got a lot of links missing. Lets wrangle up those guys and gals.

hi---- i'm here ( back ). I was bobo, then I was bobolives , now i'm bobostilllives .  glad to still exist.

A Bobo by any other name? Still Bobo. Welcome back.

Question: So I'm looking in my profile settings, and I don't see the friends/contacts settings. I take it that didn't get carried over or most likely I'm doing something wrong. which is par for the course. (That really wasn't a question, was it?)

Good point. There is no longer a 'Friend' feature. Instead you can 'Follow' people. This is nice because if there's a particular member whose posts you always find informative, you can receive notifications where and when they post. We think you will dig it.

I'm glad to hear that. I thought I was gonna get banned for never posting any Hong Kong / Kung Fu stuff :laugh

You couldn't find me on Facebook because we're not Facebook friends. Fixed that now :wink

No way, we love posts/info/enthusiasm/love for all Asian cinema. The Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, and all other country's films should be covered and discussed.

Okay, I coulda swore we were... But anyway, that definitely explains why I couldn't find you! :tongue:

great to see this forum back... couldnt log into my old account, most likely I forgot my password..anyway this is my new one still same name :)

Frank isn't the only one (though his account has been fixed right up).

TROUBLE SIGNING INTO YOUR ACCOUNT: If any of you are having trouble signing into your accounts please e-mail SMK at: shaolinchamber36@gmail.com and it will be fixed for you.

Please DON'T use your account if your name is inexplicably followed by a bunch of numbers. Contact us and let us fix your account first. Thank you!

RATING THREADS: We have a new ratings system on the forum. 1 thru 5 stars, with 1 being poor, and 5 being excellent. If you rate the threads you read, it informs other members, and also reflects the interest level on specific subjects. It's not a popularity contest though, because a section like 'KOREAN CINEMA' that doesn't get as much traffic will still receive a star 'rating', even if it's only rated by one person. Hopefully this will show that new threads like 'WELCOME BACK! Questions & Answers Thread' which are helpful, will get a high rating, while a post titled 'Who likes to be a jerk?' will (hopefully) receive low ratings, and not be supported.

GALLERY: We have a new, very slick place to post photos and create photo albums. It's located up at the top of the page with the other choices, right under the words KUNG FU FANDOM, and is split into two categories- 'The Martial World, and 'The Outside World'. Please post your photos in appropriate albums if one already exists, caption them (we really do want to know what/who/when/why? about them), or name new albums you create in a clear manner. So if you are creating an album dedicated to Sonny Chiba (which I already did :nerd:) you shouldn't name it 'One Tough Dude' (even though that's true). Instead name it something like SONNY CHIBA- Posters & Stills. If photo albums and threads are named appropriately, then we can all find what we are looking for much more easily with the 'Search' function (This leads to less hair being pulled out, and fewer computers being punched). Like threads, photo albums can also be rated with 1-5 stars.

'LIKING' POSTS: This is a new feature which we hope will promote substantial and positive content in members' threads (as opposed to just racking up post counts). If you read something you enjoy, please click the 'Like' button beside it. In addition, it also affects...

MEMBER'S REPUTATION: The more 'Likes' you get, the higher your 'Member Reputation' will grow. So the more active you are, and the more pleasant/interesting/informative your posts are, the more your reputation will grow.

CHAT: If you haven't visited the Chat Room, you really should. Lots of fun!

And... SMK is adding a few more Tutorials that everyone should check out. Don't worry, they taste like candy and are easy to swallow. :wink: Please take a look at them.

If anyone has anymore questions, please don't hesitate to ask them here publicly so everyone can benefit from the answers.

Oh, and thank you all for the tremendous amount of positive feedback. We are so glad you are enjoying Kung Fu Fandom! :bigsmile:

Good point. There is no longer a 'Friend' feature. Instead you can 'Follow' people. This is nice because if there's a particular member whose posts you always find informative, you can receive notifications where and when they post. We think you will dig it.

Ah, I see...except that just as I'm sure no one cares to read every post I post on posts I'm prone to post in, I don't want to read all the posts someone might post in, say, posts I don't really care to post in; therefore not all the posts are posts I'd probably post a response to because I'd be posting in a post that pertains to posts I'm typically interested in posts about.

But I get the gist of your post. Y'all have fun with that.

Despite my lost of interest in the films which lead to vist the forum less. It's great to see all the posts back as I though it was a shame when I hear KFCF had gone  because the lost of the posts by people who put things about there life (some how have died). As well as the info being some of the best there is on the subject. Maybe some that can't be found anywhere else.

Thanks for bring all the old posts back.

Any possibility of unbanning (or considering him unbanned) Mark from KFC?  He's a wealth of information on Hong Kong films.

Bannings are not discussed publicly, only between mods and the member in question.

Edited by KUNG FU BOB
sp.

Ah, I see...except that just as I'm sure no one cares to read every post I post on posts I'm prone to post in, I don't want to read all the posts someone might post in, say, posts I don't really care to post in; therefore not all the posts are posts I'd probably post a response to because I'd be posting in a post that pertains to posts I'm typically interested in posts about.

That response is frankly quite preposterous :tongueout

You did write: "If anyone has anymore questions, please don't hesitate to ask them here publicly so everyone can benefit from the answers."

Yes I did. And I answered your question. This particular subject is a private matter and won't be discussed publicly. Just like if you PM me with a problem it will remain confidential.

Edited by KUNG FU BOB

This feature is similar to the notifications you get on FaceBook. But you have more control than just 'it's on' or 'it's off'. You can go into your notification settings (at the very top right, next to your name is a little arrow indicating a 'drop-down box'. Click here, then towards the bottom you will see 'Notification Settings'. In there you customize your notifications to your preference. There are two columns- one for 'Notifications List' (things that will show up in your little notifications folder on the upper right) and one for your e-mail.

Despite my lost of interest in the films which lead to vist the forum less. It's great to see all the posts back as I though it was a shame when I hear KFCF had gone  because the lost of the posts by people who put things about there life (some how have died). As well as the info being some of the best there is on the subject. Maybe some that can't be found anywhere else.

Thanks for bring all the old posts back.

That feeling is mutual. There were far too many heart-felt things to let them all disappear.

Perhaps visiting the forum will rekindle your interest in the genre again.

During the closure of KFC, I registered on yuku and posted a lot of reviews of any genre (mainly martial arts, but not only) of movies/series (in addition to my reviews on Adam Cheng's works) and I'd like to know if I can copy/paste them here in a section called " ShawAngela's reviews " with sub sections for the Malay Shaw Brothers/Cathay and for the other movies as I did on yuku, or if I have to spend a lot of time in order to classify all my reviews in order to post the martial arts ones in the section "martial arts reviews "(or something like that, I haven't memorized the titles of all the sections of the new forum as yet) and the other ones in the section  other movies reviews 'same cmment regarding the title of the section), please.

Thanks for the answer.

I wasn't a prolific poster on the old forum, but great to see the forum is back online.

Edited by ben

We have the KFC "What is everyone else watching(besides KF)" thread but we had one at chamber36 too, I can't find it, is there anyway to combine both threads? 

Also couldn't find the pet thread with all of KFBob's cool critters. I did a search for pets but nothing came up, maybe it had a different name?

Sites looking good,appreciate all the hard work, taking a little bit of getting use to, one thing I'm finding disorienting is the poster's name seems to run in with the title bar, makes me keep looking at a poster's status as their name, though I do like you moved it back on the right hand side.

During the closure of KFC, I registered on yuku and posted a lot of reviews of any genre (mainly martial arts, but not only) of movies/series (in addition to my reviews on Adam Cheng's works) and I'd like to know if I can copy/paste them here in a section called " ShawAngela's reviews " with sub sections for the Malay Shaw Brothers/Cathay and for the other movies as I did on yuku, or if I have to spend a lot of time in order to classify all my reviews in order to post the martial arts ones in the section "martial arts reviews "(or something like that, I haven't memorized the titles of all the sections of the new forum as yet) and the other ones in the section  other movies reviews 'same cmment regarding the title of the section), please.

Thanks for the answer.

Hi ShawAngela. Yes, please do copy and paste your reviews from there to here. We'd love to have them here.

One thing I'd like to ask you, and other forum member reviewers that have their own threads to consider- We are trying to make things easy for everyone to use, and searching through a long thread with a name like 'ShawAngela's reviews', or @ShaOW!linDude's 'My Many MiniReviews' isn't the easiest way to find reviews for the average member. We encourage you to continue posting reviews in your own, personal threads, but would appreciate if in addition you would also post them in the appropriate review sections. The ideal would be to create uniform, easy-to-peruse review sections on the forum, each beginning with the film's title, followed by the release year.

Example:

IRON MONKEY (1993)

If you want to personalize them like this, it would be fine too:

IRON MONKEY (1993) by ShawAngela

Of course, this is only a suggestion, not a rule. But we really do think it would make the forum just that much better. :wink:

A little late to the table here, but I'm really digging the new look and am relieved that the old info has been recovered. Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway) a great big thanks to those responsible... and stuff

Great to see the forum back!  Hats off to Bob & Ray for all of their hard work!  I did have one question, and it's coming from a technically incompetent buffoon, so I'm sure it has an easy answer....am I missing something with the search function?

If I type in exact movie titles, for example 'Ip Man 3' or 'Monk Comes Down the Mountain', which are actual thread titles, it comes back with 0 results.

Searching through pages of posts to try and locate specific threads is quite time consuming, so is there a quick fix to rectify the search function?

Great to be back. I miss 'Godfrey Ho Worshipper' and 'OpiumKungFuCracker' - Hope they show up. OKFC is on facebook so I can let him know. Does anyone have a means of letting GHW we are back in business? Thanks to whoever raised this sunken ship.

Question do I upload pictures and you tube clips in the same old way??

Great to be back. I miss 'Godfrey Ho Worshipper' and 'OpiumKungFuCracker' - Hope they show up. OKFC is on facebook so I can let him know. Does anyone have a means of letting GHW we are back in business? Thanks to whoever raised this sunken ship.

Question do I upload pictures and you tube clips in the same old way??

Someone needs glasses. I, GHW, am right here (only under my SC36 identity... :bandit ) and I'm pretty sure OKFC has been around lately. But thanks for the concern.