I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

KUNG FU BOB

WELCOME BACK! Questions & Answers Thread

i missed my brothers and sisters and appreciate you guys for having me up at almost 2am when I have to be awake at 6am to work 16 hours. 

lol!! I had to make myself go to bed so I wasn't playing on here all night!!

Yay!!!!!!! How Awesome!!! Abbot and Brother Bob, I am so glad that you all were able to bring this off. It feels like it has been forever! What ever help you all need keep us updated.

Welcome back everyone I've missed you!! (even the new people just signing up!!:monk_toasting:)

Hei Meigui - Thanks for the kind offer. We would definitely appreciate some help cleaning things up a bit, especially a lot of the YouTube links. We know how to fix them, and it's easy, but would be extremely time-consuming for just two people to do. Though I admit, SMK and I did fix bunches of the darn things. :tongue: SMK will post a 'How To' either here or in the tutorials on how to fix the links. Once you know how, if you click on a post you created and see one that needs fixing, or you want to go to some of your old posts where you know you have YouTube links, and fix them, that would be fantastic. :bigsmile:

Glad to see the forum back up.

Btw, has "preview post" function gone missing or am I just blind and can't find it?

Takuma, I've got to tell you just what an out-pouring of love there has been for you since KFC went down. Don't know if you knew how appreciated you were. So many people contacted me to ask if I could get you to come over to the SC36 forum because they love your contributions so much. The crazy thing is- though we are FB friends, I couldn't remember the name you use there, so I couldn't message you. Nor could I recall if we'd ever messaged via e-mail. So I was going to send you a letter (kids, that's a message written on paper, that exists in the physical realm, and that you pay to have a "Postal Service' deliver for you :wink:) if I didn't see you here on the new forum. Welcome brother!

Where's OPIUM and PAUL!?

mpm74 - I'll message Opium. Paul already knows, but he is busy on a very important, secret mission right now. He'll return to us in October.

i missed my brothers and sisters and appreciate you guys for having me up at almost 2am when I have to be awake at 6am to work 16 hours. 

Bus - Any time brother, we are here for you... to steal away your much-needed sleep:wink: I hope your work day goes quickly for you man. 

I go on vacation for a couple of months and the whole place goes to hell!  What happened?!

waywardsage - Unfortunately, Mark Pollard was dealing with some personal issues and closed down both kungfucinema.com and the forum. Long story short- it was saved, and we merged shaolinchamber36.com's forum into it, and made the whole thing (hopefully) into a much better, easier to use 'Bionic Version' of Kung Fu Fandom. Kung Fu Cinema is gone now, but will never be forgotten. Glad we forum members are able to stay together though.

Finally!! Muchas gracias to KFB, Teako et al. for takin' on the enormous task to bring our H.O.M.E. back from digital nirvana ... and make it look so much nicer than before! This new site was well worth waiting fo'! I'm only missing a HK & Chinese Cinema caption up there on equal footing with the Japanese & Koreans ones. So brothers, pleeease!!!

Sheng - Glad you like the new look.

As far as the forum section breakdowns go, there was long and laborious debate on all that. The more sub-sections we have, the more confusing it seemed to get for people. I spoke to the former mods and some old-timers about my idea of having individuals sections for 'HK/Chinese Cinema' etc. But they pointed out that then we should probably also have sections for 'USA Cinema', 'Indonesian Cinema', 'German Cinema', and on and on. No, HK/China are the basis of why this forum exists I reasoned, and therefore most important. The majority felt that in general the forum is based on kung fu films from Hong Kong and China, and that the two major sections 'Classic Martial Arts Cinema 1920-1985' and 'Modern Martial Arts Cinema 1985-Present'  were predominantly representing that. Plus, a major change like that would displace so many other threads that new sections would be needed to house those, resulting in- again- too many sections. So... Please consider those two your/our 'HK & Chinese Cinema' sections, though other countries will pop up there as well. :squigglemouth: Sorry to disappoint, but we did try our best to make it all as user-friendly and logical as we could, and those two things don't always mesh well. :itwasntme

CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE: I certainly appreciate everyone's kind words and congratulatory messages, but I've got to point something out. @SMK (aka. Abbot SMK, aka. Ray) did way more than me to make this new forum happen. I guess more people may know me, but SMK (who went by 'Shaolin Chamber 36' on the KFC forum) did all the heavy lifting. He is the technical-minded of the two of us, and I was basically the 'Igor' to his 'Dr. Frankenstein'. :yociexp46:A quick intro for those that need it: SMK created shaolinchamber36.com from scratch, and also the 36 Styles kung fu shirt label. Both labors of love. Then he asked me to be a part of his site, and created a permanent place for my artwork to be seen and sold. We've been working together as a team now since December 2014, and it's been great. When we had the chance to give the forum a new home, we jumped at the chance. SMK did all the research, finding the best forum templates, features, add-ons, plug-ins, etc. Stuff I didn't even know existed! Then he would tell me about them, explain what they were and what they did, and we'd discuss what would work best for Kung Fu Fandom. Though all decisions were made together, and everything was explored and discussed at great length between us, he was the one that tested it all, put these components together, and made it happen. I could never have done this without him. Despite all my (dare I say- invaluable :laugh) help, he could definitely have done this without me (though it would've taken a lot longer!). So I just wanted to give those that didn't know, a heads up- SMK deserves the majority of the thanks for this killer reboot/rebirth. :bs_martialgreeting:

EVERYONE- PLEASE WATCH THE TUTORIALS! I normally hate watching that kind of thing, so I understand why so few of you have looked at them thus far. But they are short and sweet, and I know if you do, you'll be glad you watched. Did you know you have a choice of different backgrounds? :wink: Mmhmm...

WHY ISN'T THERE A 'PREVIEW POST' FEATURE ANYMORE? So, you are writing a post and want to see how it will look before hitting the 'Submit Reply' button? Well, unlike on the previous forums, instead of code showing up in your text to represent where 'Italics', 'Bold text', or 'smilies' will appear, you now see your post exactly as it will appear, as you type it! So no need for that feature anymore. :rockon

Edited by KUNG FU BOB

I contacted some of the guys from the old forum on the asian action association and ninja dojo Facebook group.  I'll try and let them know more about what happened.

A big shout out to shaolinchamber36 for making this happen!  I'm so stoked we're all back together again!

Is there any chance we can get the kungfucinema.com domain bought and routed to here?  That might just be the fastest way to scoop everyone up back to the newest incarnation.

Is there plans on branching this out more someday?  Movie reviews?  Newbie guides?  You guys have moved mountains already!  And I'm so glad you were there to save the forum.  Just concerned that we've always gotta find ways to brainwash newbies into the fandom...lol

Thoughts?

My heartfelt thanks to all involved in bringing the forum&website back-the upgrade is unbelievable!VERY happy to be reunited with my martial arts film brethren&sistren;it indeed feels like coming home:monk_toasting:

Question: So I'm looking in my profile settings, and I don't see the friends/contacts settings. I take it that didn't get carried over or most likely I'm doing something wrong. which is par for the course. (That really wasn't a question, was it?)

@Takuma, I've got to tell you just what an out-pouring of love there has been for you since KFC went down. Don't know if you knew how appreciated you were. So many people contacted me to ask if I could get you to come over to the SC36 forum because they love your contributions so much. The crazy thing is- though we are FB friends, I couldn't remember the name you use there, so I couldn't message you. Nor could I recall if we'd ever messaged via e-mail. So I was going to send you a letter (kids, that's a message written on paper, that exists in the physical realm, and that you pay to have a "Postal Service' deliver for you :wink:) if I didn't see you here on the new forum. Welcome brother!

I'm glad to hear that. I thought I was gonna get banned for never posting any Hong Kong / Kung Fu stuff :laugh

You couldn't find me on Facebook because we're not Facebook friends. Fixed that now :wink

@Hei Meigui - Thanks for the kind offer. We would definitely appreciate some help cleaning things up a bit, especially a lot of the YouTube links. We know how to fix them, and it's easy, but would be extremely time-consuming for just two people to do. Though I admit, SMK and I did fix bunches of the darn things. :tongue: SMK will post a 'How To' either here or in the tutorials on how to fix the links. Once you know how, if you click on a post you created and see one that needs fixing, or you want to go to some of your old posts where you know you have YouTube links, and fix them, that would be fantastic. :bigsmile:

I will try to fix any I see, and PM you Abbot with anything else amiss! You really don't know how exciting this is!!

hi---- i'm here ( back ). I was bobo, then I was bobolives , now i'm bobostilllives .  glad to still exist.

Hi Bobo, if I'm correct you should have been able to use your account. It might possible to merge it with this one.

Glad to be back, glad to be home. Massive appreciation to all involved.

I`m glad that you guys got this site up and running. Just checked my email and bam! there is the email. Nice! I haven't had the chance to explore the site just yet but it looks so much better than before. Cant wait to play around and see what damage I can cause. :bs_coveredlaugh:

Again, great job guys (and to everyone else that helped get this going again)! Love the layout! It`s good to be back! 

great to see this forum back... couldnt log into my old account, most likely I forgot my password..anyway this is my new one still same name :)

Please check your 'Messages'. I sent you the info needed for you to log in to your original account, which I would highly recommend and strongly suggest and appreciate! :wink