Tosh

The Almighty Godzilla - King Of The Monsters!

I think it's time for all things Godzilla! Godzilla was one of the first things I remember watching on tv around 4 years old, I've been obsessed with the giant nuclear lizard ever since!

04konggojira5.jpg

1908_10151479174536117_801651583_n.jpg

6a00d8341bfb8d53ef017ee8c0836b970d.jpg

19513_10151394331626117_1262179108_n.jpg

149957_10151464414516117_1783065872_n.jpg

188212_10151470175551117_1344550063_n.jpg

My favorite Godzilla still has to be the first one, no other Godzilla or any other Kaiju movie has ever matched the dramatic humanistic tone, Godzilla is not the monster, humans are the true monsters, that makes this movie stand out, it's a masterpiece.

But don't get me wrong, I love seeing some Kaiju throwdowns :cool

Love the oldschool Godzilla films. The very first one is probably the best film but Godzilla Vs seamonster is probably my favorite. Also really like Godzilla VS King Kong, Gidhore three-headed monster etc etc. I mainly like watching films in their original language but oldschool godzilla movies are actually more fun with english dubs imho.

Did you see the recent movie version of Godzilla? I remember Godzilla from when I was real young and I think I prefer the original versions.

Here is a description of the first film. What I love is the symbolism of the film and it's connection to the fall out from the use of the Atom Bomb on Japan.

http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Godzilla_%281954_film%29

Here he is through time!

Here is a critique of the first film talking about the Historical view of the events going on around the time of the filming of Godzilla. From the bombing of Pearl Harbor to the creation of the film. This is very detailed description even including the description of how they created the character.

Did you see the recent movie version of Godzilla? I remember Godzilla from when I was real young and I think I prefer the original versions.

Here is a description of the first film. What I love is the symbolism of the film and it's connection to the fall out from the use of the Atom Bomb on Japan.

http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Godzilla_%281954_film%29

Here he is through time!

Here is a critique of the first film talking about the Historical view of the events going on around the time of the filming of Godzilla. From the bombing of Pearl Harbor to the creation of the film. This is very detailed description even including the description of how they created the character.

I think the latest Godzilla film (2014) was awful, possibly as awful as the 98 US version IMHO. I like the old ones, those are classics. Oh and just gonna say it: I am not a fan of Mothra and I don't like it when Mothra is made to be the hero against Godzilla, But when Mothra teams up with Godzilla Im cool with it :smile

it is quite interesting how Godzilla started as a bleak film about the horrors of nuclear war and a manifestation of that very real fear of Nuclear warfare in Japan to later becoming at times a heroic figure that would save people from threats, even doing a happy little dance to people to celebrate saving the day :smile

then again Godzilla has had many different roles across the many films, Hero, Villain, and sometimes the lesser of two evils, introduced as a weapon to take out an even worse threat, sometimes even teaming up with his enemies to take out an even more dangerous common enemy.

I hear there is a new Japanese Godzilla film in the works, looking forward to it!

Did you cry when you watched the Japanese version of Godzilla?

No can't say I did, watched the original as a kid for a giant rampaging lizard monster, plus the American version was more kid friendly I guess(dumbed down), I do remember being sad the guy killed himself.

Love the oldschool Godzilla films. The very first one is probably the best film but Godzilla Vs seamonster is probably my favorite. Also really like Godzilla VS King Kong, Gidhore three-headed monster etc etc. I mainly like watching films in their original language but oldschool godzilla movies are actually more fun with english dubs imho.

Mine too, I love the island dance scenes, plus it's a giant freaking lobster! I don't think Godzilla was suppose to be in this one at first, then Toho freaked out thinking the movie was going to bomb and stuck the big G in there.

Did you see the recent movie version of Godzilla

Here he is through time!

That's a great video with his different roars throughout the years. Akira Ifukube put resin on a leather glove and raked it across a double bass tuned down way low, then slowing it down to get Godzilla's iconic roar.

The new movie - meh, better than the first try, at least he looked better.

Cool thread Tosh!

When I'm not as pressed for time I will definitely be posting and replying to the previous posts. But for now, here's a couple of photos of my newest, and favorite Godzilla (1964 version) figure which is currently glowering at me from his perch on my desk. It's by S.H. MonsterArts, and it's ultra articulated.

post-59-144199716056_thumb.jpg

post-59-144199716066_thumb.jpg

Impressive figure, Brother Bob. :thumbsup

Mine too, I love the island dance scenes, plus it's a giant freaking lobster! I don't think Godzilla was suppose to be in this one at first, then Toho freaked out thinking the movie was going to bomb and stuck the big G in there.

Actually, Toho initially planned to have King Kong instead of Godzilla as the big star, but couldn't use him for some reason (I think it was rights issues since KK is someone else's property).

Cool thread Tosh!

When I'm not as pressed for time I will definitely be posting and replying to the previous posts. But for now, here's a couple of photos of my newest, and favorite Godzilla (1964 version) figure which is currently glowering at me from his perch on my desk. It's by S.H. MonsterArts, and it's ultra articulated.

[attachment=1]GODZILLA 64, SH MonsterArts figure, front.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]GODZILLA 64, SH MonsterArts figure, side.jpg[/attachment]

Badass! How much did you give up for that? It's going for 170$ on Amazon, I'm reeeeeealy thinking about it :bandit

Wish they had the Godzilla vs KK '62, that's my favorite, but '64 is close enough!

Badass! How much did you give up for that? It's going for 170$ on Amazon, I'm reeeeeealy thinking about it :bandit

Wish they had the Godzilla vs KK '62, that's my favorite, but '64 is close enough!

Damn, that price went up quick! :sad I think it was $65, which was already waaaay too high... but $170?! Yikes.

As for the KING KONG VS GODZILLA version... you never know brother (I love that suit too). That company has been releasing all different versions, jumping all around through the series, of the Big G, each one with gorgeous sculpts and pose-ability. So it may be coming in the future. I'll be sure to let you know if I see one come up for pre-order.

Cool thread Tosh!

[attachment=1]GODZILLA 64, SH MonsterArts figure, front.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]GODZILLA 64, SH MonsterArts figure, side.jpg[/attachment]

Awesome! heres a link to a pic of the only Godzilla figure I have:

11uxkif.jpg

Very good read. I've always been a big Godzilla fan myself. On another note is good seeing you around Tosh.

Good seeing you too man, I took a hiatus away from the forums for a while.

Damn, that price went up quick! :sad I think it was $65, which was already waaaay too high... but $170?! Yikes.

As for the KING KONG VS GODZILLA version... you never know brother (I love that suit too). That company has been releasing all different versions, jumping all around through the series, of the Big G, each one with gorgeous sculpts and pose-ability. So it may be coming in the future. I'll be sure to let you know if I see one come up for pre-order.

Took a look on ebay and oh yeah! picked it up for $66(including shipping), let me know if they do come out with the '62 version. Come close to picking up Gamera too but I'll stick with this for now.

Yay!

My favorite giant monster for most of my life and probably the first genre creature/thing I became a fan of (even before Planet of the Apes.)

I actually made a Godzilla finger puppet in the first grade. Not sure if it's still floating around here, but between that and trying to imitate his Toho roar, I was in :love very early on.

(I haven't seen last years' film, yes I have lapsed in my Gojira viewings...)

Hey everyone. Did you hear about the possibility of a new "King Kong VS Godzilla" film?. It seems the King Kong project known as "Skull island" might be heading in that direction. Personally, I hope they don't give that classic film the remake treatment.