Sign in to follow this  
Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Ti Lung – Information, Updates, Discussion & Appreciation

and since Tex had me gushing about Ti Lung's Wing Chun in Shaolin Temple (it doesn't take much...) Actually, said clip is an excellent fan edit of both wing chun sequences. 

Edited by Lady Jin Szu-Yi

If you haven't seen Mercenaries from Hong Kong (1982) Wong Jing's bonkers early 80s action film (which I'm sure inspired some of the American bonkers 80s actions films), here's a compilation clip. I put it  in spoilers tags for those who'd rather wait until they get their hands on the full film. 

And Ti lets loose with the Mandarin Duck kick (pretty cool he kept calling back to that, makes me wonder if he learned anything else from the Mantis style.) 

Ti, Chan Wai Man and Wang Lung Lei are a whole lot of  fun in this (Celestial needs to put this on iTunes / digital pretty quick.)

Has anyone seen this 2003 Ti Lung film, Gray?

Gray+2003-1-b.jpg

His co-star is his son, Shaun Tam. I saw it a long time ago, but it was basically a shot on video Taiwanese film about a hitman (Tam) who refuses to kill his latest target and faces the wrath of his mentor (Ti), who tells him to do the job or he will do it himself and then kill him. The title is out of print now however, but quite an interesting film that it pits father and son.

Edited by AlbertV

2 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Gray+2003-1-b.jpg

His co-star is his son, Shaun Tam. I saw it a long time ago, but it was basically a shot on video Taiwanese film about a hitman (Tam) who refuses to kill his latest target and faces the wrath of his mentor (Ti), who tells him to do the job or he will do it himself and then kill him. The title is out of print now however, but quite an interesting film that it pits father and son.

No but that sounds real good.  Thanks for the heads up. 

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

Gray+2003-1-b.jpg

Some neat find here. :BL-GoodJob:

23 minutes ago, Secret Executioner said:

Some neat find here. :BL-GoodJob:

Maybe by some chance when I go to New York in March, if I come across this when I go shopping in Chinatown, I'll pick it up. :BL-IDontKnow:

Is there a list of places in Chinatown (Manhattan) that still sell dvds etc.?  :blush I haven't been down there in years and while $ is getting tight, it would be helpful to know where to look. 

Anyways, 

behind the scenes shot with Chang Cheh, Ti and Chiang.

And one of my most favorite moments in The Deadly Breaking Sword... c'mon Tuan 

Spoiler

Don't you know if you don't see the person die in front of you, they DON'T die...

CC_TL_DC.jpg

You.PNG

I think Lai Ying Music is still open yet last I heard years back they moved from Bowery to Chrystie Street. I haven't been in NY in almost a decade so this will be quite a welcome back, but I will be in the city most of the week, especially in Chinatown :) 

Edited by AlbertV

You're right about Lai Ying - location etc. (Geez, I need to start reading Mandarin...)  If you find any place else can you create a thread Albert?

---

Just watched A Killer's Blues (1990), my review will be in the February Mutual reviews thread. And he wins the 1970s flashback wig against Chan Wai Man in Gangland Odyssey.

In a Ti Tattoo update, Yes, the Dragon heads on his chest are real (I thought so from the picture posted earlier) and I reckon his back tattoo is too (couldn't make out what that was, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a dragon (All of his tattoos are dragons.)

and because I never get tired of Ti performing Wing Chun... this image...

ti-lung-1.jpg

Loosely inspired by the Conan talk in the World cinema forum, here's a screen shot from my dodgy Clan Feuds rip. This is another one I hope Celestial posts digitally. 

clan feuds.png

55 minutes ago, Tosh said:

How about a Ti Lung smiley :laugh

tilungsmily.jpg

LOLOLOL. New Avatar right there. Thank you, sir. 

:monk_laughing:  Why can't I like your post 1 million times!?!

2 minutes ago, Tosh said:

I should do a series of Ti Lung smileys lol, ah so many projects so little time.

LOL. You made me laugh so hard I nearly fell out of my chair, but it's awesome too. We need this on a 36 styles t shirt. 

Got a pic of Ti with shades on?(I'll have to check) I'll do the cool smiley, and I'm seeing a Duel of the Iron Fist smiley, chest tat and all :laugh

Digging through what I've gleaned on the internet, I've found some hilariously cheesy ones, but I like that shot you found (nicking it.) 

and the other version.png

black and white cool.png