I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daisho2004

JUMONG

Guest Daisho2004

This Korena made TV Series is getting a US release date of 5/8/07' so far I've only seen it listed on amazon.com for $89.99 so I'll wait to see who else has it listed. But yesasia.com has the complete series 4volumes listed at $69.99 for each series.

About the Actor

Song Il-Gook ("Sea God", "Terms of Endearment", "Desert Spring") Han Hye-Jin ("Be Strong Geumsoon!", "Heroes", "You Are A Star", "Romance")

Product Description

The Legend Begins. The unforgettable history of the Korean people comes alive in Jumong! In 180 B.C., after enjoying its golden age for 2100 years, the ancient kingdom of Gojoseon has fallen to the Han Empire of China. With no hope of recovering the once glorified kingdom, the land and the people are left divided. However, one man stands alone to bring back their freedom. Follow the story of the legendary historical figure Jumong Taewang (Song Il Gook of Sea God and Terms of Endearment.), founder of the ancient kingdom of Goguryeo. Amid sweeping battles and equally sweeping romance, the mythological hero Jumong embarks on an epic adventure to save his people. Co-starring Han Hye-Jin (Be Strong Geum-soon!), Volume 1 of Jumong chronicles the coming-of-age story of the arrogant but naïve young prince who would one day lead his people to freedom.

MBC's hugely popular Jumong is the first of a wave of Korean historical dramas dealing with the Goguryeo Dynasty (approximately 37 BC-AD 668) . Written by veteran Choi Wan Gyu (Hur Jun, Sang Do, and All In) and Jung Hyung Soo (Damo), Jumong is one of Korea's most impressive and popular historical dramas. It dominated television screens during its broadcast, attracting viewership ratings of over 40% in Korea.

Jumong is the name of the legendary founder of Goguryeo, King Dongmyeongseong. The story starts with the conflict between Gojoseon, an ancient Korean kingdom, and Han Chinese forces, eventually leading to a fragmented Korean Peninsula. Hero-in-the-making Jumong (Song Il Gook, Emperor of the Sea) is born in this time of chaos and struggle in the little independent state of Buyeo. He quickly finds himself the most unlikely of princes and the victim of a rivalry with his brother Dae So (Kim Seung Soo, A Million Roses). He is forced to choose between the boyish charm of young merchant So Seo No (Han Hye Jin, Be Strong, Geum Soon!) and the innocent smile of Bu Yeong (Im So Young), a servant he's known for years. Other than chronicling Jumong's slow coming-of-age path, the first part of Jumong also deals with the touchy relationship between Buyeo and the Han, with King Geum Wa (Chun Kwang Ryul, Hur Jun) torn between loyalty to his rebel friend Hae Mo Su (Hur Jun Ho, Silmido) and the fate of his nation.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Wow, I dont think their gonna sell many copies of this one. Sounds interesting to me, but I dont think there is much of a market for Korean TV series' in the US.

Guest Daisho2004

GLMF, that is the real shame that the Korean films aren't really getting that much notice here in the US when they are really putting out some of the best movies now a days.

Guest Yakuza954

No, korean movies are doing fine, its just that korean tv series is more of a niche marker. But who knows, korean shows are very popular online, it may do well.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
No, korean movies are doing fine, its just that korean tv series is more of a niche marker

That is what I meant as well.

Guest 1budz4u

Daisho good to see you enjoy Korean dramas/movies! ;)

Korean drama series and movies are a big hit in Hawaii and is now making it's way to the mainland states. With digital cable stations such as AZN & KBS you'll see a high demand for Korean programming. :D

Jumong just finished showing here in Hawaii a few weeks ago via KBS station which is shown directly from Korea. Other historical dramas that have been popular are "Emperor of the Sea", "Song of the Prince" and "Dae Jae Geum".

The last few Hawaii International Fall Film Festivals have mainly show cased Korean movies. The president of the HIFF is the president/owner of the Korean station KBFD in Hawaii. :D

Guest Daisho2004

1budz4u, it sucks because here in NY I can't get that channel not yet anyway, I have TimeWarnerCable I'm gonna have to call them up and ask about it. And I'm a big fan of Korean movies more so if it has Action. ex. "Musa-The Warrior" Great Movie.