SMK

Bruce Lee Collectibles

On 12/13/2018 at 2:41 PM, TheFlyingPanda said:

Still waiting on an Official Green Hornet series Blu-Ray release.

Instead we have an endless stream of Bootleg releases.

green-hornet-post.jpg

Major Bruce Lee forger?

Link- https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/david-tadman-major-bruce-lee-forger

Are people making a big profit from selling G.O.D jumpsuit's?, or was just an old prop from the 1978 G.O.D?.

Forty years after the death of martial arts movie legend Bruce Lee, his trademark yellow jumpsuit goes on the auction block. While fans are excited about the sale, the auction is also attracting controversy. Stuart Greer reports.

Edited by DragonClaws

Major Bruce Lee Forger is probably a bit of a exaggeration as there are countless fake Bruce Lee autographs circulating among collectors. Also while there's obvious fakes it gets more and more difficult to tell the difference to the real deal. A COA means nothing these days, at least to me. Even major auction houses are being fooled into selling fakes. That goes not only for autographs but anything of a collectors nature. Unless you can buy from someone first hand whom you know and trust, I would be super careful before investing a lot of money in a potential forgery. Just my two cents, sorry if I've gone a bit off topic.

13 hours ago, laagi said:

Major Bruce Lee Forger is probably a bit of a exaggeration as there are countless fake Bruce Lee autographs circulating among collectors.

I dont know much about this subject, maybe the person who created the thread, is reffering to the amount of fake items being put out by one person?.

13 hours ago, laagi said:

Even major auction houses are being fooled into selling fakes.

Some of these places wont care, as long as they make a profit from the items.

There was a big collector, who thought he'd purchased BL's jumpsuit from ETD, only for him to see the real thing on a display done by Linda Lee. There's plenty of con-aritst outhere, who want to make a profit from rich collectors, what ever it is they choose to collect.

11 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I dont know much about this subject, maybe the person who created the thread, is reffering to the amount of fake items being put out by one person?. 

Some of these places wont care, as long as they make a profit from the items.

There was a big collector, who thought he'd purchased BL's jumpsuit from ETD, only for him to see the real thing on a display done by Linda Lee. There's plenty of con-aritst outhere, who want to make a profit from rich collectors, what ever it is they choose to collect.

David Tadman the aformentioned person does sell a lot of Bruce Lee memorabilia of questionable origin. Problem is people are also too lazy to do some basic research. There's some red flags here and there you can easily spot. But yes, if even some well-known companies don't mind selling forgeries it's getting difficult.

To be honest I think many collectors are not those high rollers but die hard fans who just have a lot of love for whatever their collecting. Meaning they will spend literally their last dollar for a desired collectable. Either way it's despicable to cheat people for personal gain. But it happens way too often, sadly.

1 hour ago, laagi said:

David Tadman the aformentioned person does sell a lot of Bruce Lee memorabilia of questionable origin.

The first time I heard his name, was on the old 2oth Century Warriors web-site, posting heavily cropped, water-marked pictures. He also appeared in a few BL sanctioned documentaries, so to be caught selling fakes, if this is the case?, is really poor. Though I was uner the impression, he was given the job of selling off, some of Taky Kimura's persoanl items?

The BL collectors scene, just like any other fanbase, has had its fair share of people, wanting to make a quick buck. The last I heard of Tadman, he was working with Steve Kerridge, on some magazine special, but the pair had some falling out, maybe related to those fakes?.

Edited by DragonClaws

11 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

The first time I heard his name, was on the old 2oth Century Warriors web-site, posting heavily cropped, water-marked pictures. He also appeared in a few BL sanctioned documentaries, so to be caught selling fakes, if this is the case?, is really poor. Though I was uner the impression, he was given the job of selling off, some of Taky Kimura's persoanl items?

The BL collectors scene, just like any other fanbase, has had its fair share of people, wanting to make a quick buck. The last I heard of Tadman, he was working with Steve Kerridge, on some magazine special, but the pair had some falling out, maybe related to those fakes?.

Interesting. I've been out of the collection game for some years now. But I do recall that most his items beared the signature of Taky Kimura. Back than some claimed that a COA without a picture of the item and an additional chop stamp of Kimura is most likely an indication for a forgery. Not sure what to make of this though. Reason I quit was that I got burned more than once from people and fellow collectors I thought I could trust. Also to be completely honest there's never a 100% guarantee that your items are authentic. As I said before it gets increasingly difficult to spot a forgery.

9 hours ago, laagi said:

Interesting. I've been out of the collection game for some years now. But I do recall that most his items beared the signature of Taky Kimura.

I'm no collector, I just own a few books/poster's from my teenage year's, there's not been much worth buying from the last decade, apart from Mattew Polly's book, and the BL Conversations book by Fuaz Rafiq. The latter, being of more interest, than all other books/magazine specials, from the last decade or so combined. If you want an interesting read, its not a book, for anyone that just wants pictures.

From what I know, Tadman, was giventhe job of helping the Kimura family raise some money, by selling of some BL related items. Next I thing I hear, is from the thread, I posted a link to, nd theres talks of him putting out fake stuff?.

On 12/18/2018 at 6:34 PM, DragonClaws said:

From what I know, Tadman, was giventhe job of helping the Kimura family raise some money, by selling of some BL related items. Next I thing I hear, is from the thread, I posted a link to, nd theres talks of him putting out fake stuff?. 

All I remember is that many collectors were cautious when it came to dealing with him. Don't ask me where this originated from or how it started. Maybe he got a taste for easy money? Again just an assumption... I do hope that people who are interested in Bruce Lee memorabilia do their homework :wink

15 hours ago, laagi said:

Lee's drivers license owned by a japanese collector. Video here: https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28607754

I bet that set the collector back abit, there's always been a bg market for all things BL in Japan.

New publications from the U.K, by Steve Keridge and Eastern Heroes, even have Japanese editions. While very few of the Japanese books/magazine specials, get translated into English.

Source- https://easternheroes.com/product/bruce-lee-legends-dragon-limited-edition-gold-leaf-japanese-collection-special-leather-binder/

2.png

Edited by DragonClaws

Another piece from the same japanese collector. Bruce Lee's sunglasses. BTW, he's selling the drivers license. If you got a cool $2.5M in spare change :rofl

bl_musashi-img615x461-1503087512vxk4vv20

20 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

how many of us in the chats?  we can split the cost

20 hours ago, Ah_Tao said:

Yep, I'll pay my $1.00 portion

We can all chip in some money, and then just divide the sun glasses up into pieces.

Fist of Unicorn - Press Conference 1972.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws