chenzen

In need of Classic Suggestions

So I have been back into Martial arts films particularly ones from Hong Kong now for about a year. When I was a kid in the late 90's my dad and I watched a crap ton and it wasn't until last summer My interest got re sparked after watching Hard Boiled for the First time. I am doing good on keeping up with current Hong Kong and martial arts films from this decade and last decade but I feel like Ive exhausted all of my options for martial arts movies between the late 1960's and late 1990's. I know there's got to be some classics I'm over looking but its hard to tell because I have watched so many over the last 11 months. I am in desperate need of recommendations here's a list of what I have seen so far. They will be in order by actor for most of them. I know most of them are fairly mainstream lol i'm still a noob.

Hand of Death, Dragon fist, Killer Meteors,Dragon lord,Drunken Master 1 and 2 , Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, The Fearless Hyena, Project A 1 and 2, Wheels on Meals, Heart of Dragon, Police Story 1-4 , Twin Dragons, Rumble in the Bronx, Mr Nice Guy, Gorgeous,

Once Upon a time in China 1-3, Fong Sai Yuk 1 and 2, Swordsman 2, Tai Chi Master, Kung Fu Cult Master, My father is a hero, The bodyguard from Beijing, High Risk, Fist of Legend, Black Mask, Hitman, The New Legend of Shaolin, Last Hero in China, Martial Arts of Shaolin, The Master, Tiger Cage 2, In the Line of Duty 4: Witness,Mismatched Couples, Iron Monkey, Wing Chun, Legend of the Wolf, Ballistic Kiss, Shanghai Affairs, 36 chambers of Shaolin, Dirty ho, Legendary weapons of China, Mad Monkey Kung fu, 8 Diagram Pole fighter,Heroes of the east, The Iron Fisted Monk, Enter the Fat Dragon, Game of Death, Enter The Dragon, Fist of Fury,Way of the Dragon, The Big Boss, Dragon Claws, A better tomorrow 1 and 2, Bullet in the Head, The Killer, Hard Boiled, Once a Thief,Just Heroes,Hard Target,Bloodsport,Kickboxer, Various Steven Steven Seagal movies not really a fan of his though.

A good basis to start with is Hong Kong Movie Database. Type in any name you're familiar with and you'll discover alot more than you already know now.

Thank you for the suggestions guys! I saw Prodigal son pop up quite a bit between the links you posted and the personal favorites you guys listed so I watched it last night. I thought it was a pretty badass movie. :bigsmile: Since there is quite a few movies on the list you guys posted are there any particular classics from the 90's you guys would recommend that aren't listed on mine?

Dragon's forever, armour of God I & II, who am I, the young master

Pedicab driver, millionaires express, the victim, knockabout, Warriors two, Eastern condors

Dreadnaught, righting wrongs,

Kiss of the Dragon, hero,Tai chi master

Ninja in the Dragon's Den

Ip man

Martial club.

Avenging Eagle ,the master(1980 not jet Li movie),Monkey kung fu (not the same as mad monkey kung fu)

The rebel intruders, the magnificent ruffians, Shaolin rescuers, the masked avengers, crippled avengers (aka return of the five deadly venoms), the five deadly venoms.

Have you seen Ong Bak , warrior king, born to fight, broken path a.k.a. broken fist, drive

Tiger on the beat, city on fire, , full contact, the replacement killers – these Chow Yun fat movies like hard-boiled and not really martial art movies just action films.

Yes, Madam a.k.a. police assassins, Royal Warriors

movie in Red are 90's/2000's