blue_skies

Kung fu doublebill, this Sunday in London

I just saw this message from terracotta on Facebook...

Kung fu fans - head to Chinatown London THIS SUNDAY for a fantastic kung fu double bill, book signings and DVD sales.

Super Power and Magnifient Boxer double bill

4.30pm - 10.30om

Chinese community center

2 Leicester Court, London WC2H 7DW

I thought someone might be interested, who lives in the capital.

That's awesome! Super Power is a great movie, but I haven't seen Magnificent Boxer before. I would definitely go to this if I didn't live in another continent. :nerd:

BTW Any chance that these films are being screened in 35mm? Does Terracotta have any plans to release either film?

I hope you guys enjoy the movies! Sounds like a lot of fun.

film%20night_zpshl8ngllj.jpg

No way! Super Power has been remastered? And in Mandarin subbed? That's awesome news. Hopefully, it'll come to DVD soon. And let's hope that A Fist Full of Talons is next. :nerd:

Enjoy the movies, guys!

That's awesome! Super Power is a great movie, but I haven't seen Magnificent Boxer

BTW Any chance that these films are being screened in 35mm?

Yeah good double bill and had I known earlier I could have been there.I have just been made aware of this event as we speak. Anyway if it is the venue I have in mind then 35mm screening is doable but it will be a real pain in the........eh.....butt to setup and very very inconvenient for the punters so I would say it is highly likely the screenings will be via some video source.

Yeah good double bill and had I known earlier I could have been there.I have just been made aware of this event as we speak. Anyway if it is the venue I have in mind then 35mm screening is doable but it will be a real pain in the........eh.....butt to setup and very very inconvenient for the punters so I would say it is highly likely the screenings will be via some video source.

I too would have made the journey but only just found out via this thread. Thought this would have been on the forums weeks in advance. I don't have a Facebook profile so I don't keep up with any activities on there.

this double bill was posted a few weeks ago, just got back a very good show quite enjoyed the Charles heung movie and I didn't realise how much the English version of super power was cut as some of the fights are a lot longer in the version screened today.

Glad it went well but much noise was not made about this event on this forum and yes Magnificent Boxer is a good one;it did very well upon initial release.

My offer still stands for anyone in the UK who has 35mm prints,DCP files,Apple Prores files,Blu-ray BD discs etc of Kung Fu Movies for screening,who would like to do a print check within the West End on a reasonably sized screen,to make their intentions known and send me a private message for more details.

this double bill was posted a few weeks ago, just got back a very good show quite enjoyed the Charles heung movie and I didn't realise how much the English version of super power was cut as some of the fights are a lot longer in the version screened today.

I must have been hungover the day it was posted. Thought more people on the forums would have been up for this.

I took the trek up from Brighton and it was well worth it. Found Magnificent Boxer slightly tedious story wise but it had some nice fu in there. Super Dragon was awesome and great print too. So good to watch with an audience who appreciate what they see and be vocal too.

Some nice memorabilia on sale too alongside some dvds, vcds. Picked up the uncut German dvd of Iron Monkey and also Crippled Masters, Yao's Young Warriors and the new terracotta release of Shanghai 13 all for a fiver each. If I had some more more cash would have liked to have picked up an original poster for films such as Shaolin Vs Wu Tang and Mystery of Chess Boxing that they had there.

Think they've got another event coming up in the next couple months.

I didn't realise how much the English version of super power was cut as some of the fights are a lot longer in the version screened today.

I usually notice this about other Billy Chong movies. Crystal Fist and A Fist Full are both a few minutes longer in Chinese than their English versions. I hope I can see this extended version if it gets a DVD release. :nerd:

I took the trek up from Brighton and it was well worth it. Found Magnificent Boxer slightly tedious story wise but it had some nice fu in there. Super Dragon was awesome and great print too. So good to watch with an audience who appreciate what they see and be vocal too.

Think they've got another event coming up in the next couple months.

Sounds like it was a lot of fun. I wish I could've been there. :smile: