I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Keung

Medium Rare Entertainment – UK Distributors

http://mediumraregroup.com

With news like this, I figured they deserved their own thread.

Mediumrare Entertainment is delighted to announce the acquisation of some of Hong Kong's finest martial arts films to be released through 2015. Plans are still to be ironed out but most of the titles will be restored in high definition from original 35mm masters and will be available in Bluray and limited edition steelbook, these movies will never have looked so good! Some highlights from the newly acquired titles are, Fist of Fury, Game of Death, The Way of the Dragon, The Big Boss, When Taekwondo Strikes, Armour of God, and the infamous Riki-Oh- The Story of Ricky.

I had a quick look on Amazon and found some Story of Ricky artwork.

Release date – June 8th.

DVD:

71ymWq-586L._SL1500_.jpg

Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD:

81859NCW-mL._SL1500_.jpg

Great find, Keung.

I saw the Story of Ricky BD listed on Amazon a few weeks ago but figured that it was a UK release of the Tokyo Shock disc.

Hopefully, this new one will be nothing like that one!

The company have some interesting stuff scheduled, including the complete Sgt Bilko and The Darkman Trilogy with all new extras:

http://mediumraregroup.com/product/45

Good news, but if they are dealing with Fortune Star whats to say they wont be given the usual Blu ray up-scaled transfers with messed up soundtracks that everyone else has released. Don't think its the sort of company that could afford their own new transfers, hopefully i will be wrong.

Good news, but if they are dealing with Fortune Star whats to say they wont be given the usual Blu ray up-scaled transfers with messed up soundtracks that everyone else has released. Don't think its the sort of company that could afford their own new transfers, hopefully i will be wrong.

Very good point.

I could care less about more releases of the Bruce movies, but I am interested in the other 3 as I haven't seen any of them.

I'm more excited about the titles I haven't seen such as When Taekwondo Strikes. Nice to know the BL films are getting released on BR here. But its not like these films have been hard to find over the years.

I'm still a bit sceptical. This company did release the upscaled version of Operation Condor, and a 1080i(!) print of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I noticed that Story of Ricky shows as dual format (blu ray & dvd), this might be a stupid question but does that mean you get 2 discs exactly the same but one is blu ray and the other dvd? If that's the case then are they packaged like blu ray or dvd? It seems pointless to me as I don't want extra dvds, I hope they don't do this with all the Hong Kong releases, does anybody else like/dislike the dual format idea?

does that mean you get 2 discs exactly the same but one is blu ray and the other dvd?

That's correct. It can be quite convenient for some people. For example, if you have a friend or family member that wants to watch a film you own, but they don't have a Blu-ray player and / or don't want to buy the film themselves – you can just lend them your DVD copy.

If that's the case then are they packaged like blu ray or dvd?

I've noticed most Dual Format releases come in Blu-ray style / size packaging, but there are exceptions.

That's correct. It can be quite convenient for some people. For example, if you have a friend or family member that wants to watch a film you own, but they don't have a Blu-ray player and / or don't want to buy the film themselves – you can just lend them your DVD copy.

I've noticed most Dual Format releases come in Blu-ray style / size packaging, but there are exceptions.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was thinking about if they'd fit in my collection with my other blu rays but from what you say that shouldn't be a problem.

2 more titles to be released:

- Slaughter In San Francisco (DVD) July 13, 2015

- Legacy Of Rage (Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD) September 7, 2015

Might pick up "Slaughter In San Francisco". I wonder Rage will be the same as Shout's release.

I wonder Rage will be the same as Shout's release.

More than likely, I reckon. Their release of Darkman has the same extras as Shout's.

I'm pleased to see that they're looking at some of the less obvious titles for release rather than just the usual Bruce/Jackie stuff, I hope they do Righting Wrongs & Tiger Cage 2. I'm curious as to how they are going to make any money though as we all know what happened to Hong Kong Legends, Dragon Dynasty and pretty much everybody else that tried so it'd be good to finally see a company do well and then we can all get the films we want.

Slaughter in San Francisco is truly awful. Will pick up Legacy of Rage if its true HD.

They should survive because they are not just releasing Asian movies, they are releasing and have been for some time, other genres and a lot of tv stuff. Just hope any Blu ray's of Hong Kong films are true HD and not upscales.

It is nice not to see the same old BL/Jackie Chan titles. I hope they sell enough copies to encourage more Asian titles to be picked up. Certianly not the easiest job in the world in today's DVD/BR market. Slaughter In San Francisco used to be pretty common on VHS in the U.K. One of those titles that always heavily featured Chuck Norris on the cover despite only having a minor role. Ive never seen a release of the film on DVD here yet. Most release's heavily feature Norris on the cover despite only having a minor role.