I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Linn1

Favorite ninja films

Post what you think are the best ninja films. And please leave reasons so that everyone can know why you think so highly of them.

Guest Daisho2004

The Shadow Hunters:

A film designed to appease Ninja fans, SHADOW HUNTERS is packed full of bodies impaled on swords and lethal flying stars zipping across the screen, with a basic plot that allows for a gory feast of bloodletting. Three heroic assassins--known as the Shadow Hunters--are hired to quell the Ninja menace as a messenger travels across the country to hand over the deeds to a gold mine. A seemingly endless array of Ninjas attempts to thwart the messenger in his quest, leading to some brutal battles with the Shadow Hunters and dead Ninja bodies spread all over the land.

The Shadow Hunters pt.#2 Echo of Destiny

Ninjas, beware--because when the bloodthirsty SHADOW HUNTERS are around, there's a good chance you'll find yourself skewered on the end of one of their lethal swords. Following in the footsteps of the first film, this sequel sets up a rudimentary plot that takes the three Shadow Hunters across country once again, this time to bring an illegal cannon to safety. Endless streams of Ninjas attack, as the fearless trio attempt to execute their mission, leading to some wonderfully inventive ways to chop, kick, lance, punch, spear, shoot, carve, and impale the deadly attacking forces.

My review: What I like about this series it was like a Lone Wolf & Cub series only with 3 Guys Equally Master Samurai who are now just mere Ronins. pt.#2 couldve been a lot better but I really didn't think it was better than the 1st. movie. It was like they rushed into making a sequel without really trying to putting any real thought or effort to it.

Guest Daisho2004

NINJA HUNT aka "Ninja Gari" - 1982

It's a rare occasion when a noted filmmaker like Yamauchi Tetsuya gets to re-visit a

previous film, and in this re-make of NINJA GARI, he not only does that, but has created

an even better piece. While the original from 1964 starred the great old-time actor

Konoe Jushiro, this version is perfectly cast with his son Matsukata Hiroki in the lead

as Wadakuro, one of four ronin hired to fight against the Shogunate's plot to abolish the

Gamo Clan, who are struggling to reinstate their young heir Tanemaru as their Lord.

Facing the threat of the Koga Ninja, Wadakuro shows his own cruelty while on a

personal vendetta. This is a very brutal film, with lots of realistic ninja action, violent

deaths, a dark story line and is completely without any light-hearted 'humor' elements

that Toei used to incorperate back in the golden era. And with Matsukata Hiroki's

outstanding martial skills, the swordplay is even better in this one. This is definitely one

of the best ninja movies ever made!

OK my review: Having seen both movies its very hard to choose which film is better and its very rare that you get a chance to see a Father & Son being portrayed as the same character in a remake of a movie, I might give this remake a slight edge on being a better movie maybe because I like Matsukata Hiroki better than his Father Konoe Jushiro as a Swordfighter but again its a hard choice to make. This is a very dark Ninja movie with a lot of good action. Again I would have to say that both movies should be added to any collection.

Guest Daisho2004

Now many people have different views about this TV series. I for one loved them Great Action Scenes and a Great Storyline.

The Law of Shinobi pt.1: Martial arts star Kenji Tanigaki (THE PRINCESS BLADE, MORTAL KOMBAT 2) makes his directorial debut with the Japanese action series SHINOBI. Exploring issues of social rank, this first episode introduces ninja student Kageru, a fiercely talented warrior whose ambitions are nonetheless limited by his lower-class background. Banding together with his similarly pedigreed friend and fellow student Aoi, Kageru must now decide whether to continue his acceptance of society's rigid hierarchies--or break with tradition and forge a new path to the future. Fueled by high-octane swordplay sequences, THE LAW OF SHINOBI is at once a hardhitting martial arts extravaganza and a sly social commentary on the strictures of tradition.

pt.2 -Runaway: In the second episode of the series, RUNAWAY, Kageru and Aoi abandon their training academy and become fugitives from both their former masters and a band of ruthless assassins.

pt.3- In the third episode of the series, HIDDEN TECHNIQUES, Kageru and Aoi find themselves embroiled in a regional power struggle among ninja warriors who deal in duplicity and intrigue

pt.4- In the fourth and final episode of the series, A WAY OUT, Kageru and Aoi attempt one last break with their former Shinobi masters while their nation is embroiled in a full-fledged civil war.

Guest kungfusamurai

I haven't watched a whole lot of Ninja films. I have seen the first two Shinobi No Mono films; Shadow Hunters 1 & 2; and Demon Spies. I've also watched the Yagyu Conspiracy. I found those alright. Still worth checking out if you're new to the genre.

But for the best ninja action, I'm sticking to the Kage No Gundan TV series. I hope there are more seasons being released, because I can't get enough!

KFS

Guest Daisho2004

KFS, I don't know how I coulda forgot to list this series it was just great.

Martial arts legend Sonny Chiba stars in the 1980s Japanese television series that inspired his character in Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL. Set in 17th-century Edo Japan, SHADOW WARRIORS centers on disgraced Ninja Hattori Hanzo (Chiba), who is working in a public bathhouse when he is called upon to fulfill his ancestral duty as protector of the newly installed Shogun. Etsuko Shiomi, Hiroyuki Sanada, and Kenji Oba costar in this classic slice of martial arts television.

Guest Morgoth

Sorry if this was mentioned, I didn't see it.

Shogun's Ninja is my favorite, but I have not seen too many ninja films. It has a great physical performance from Hiroyuki Sanada, Sonny Chiba is mean as hell as the villain, and there are all types of ninjas. Highly recommended.

Guest Jackie Chan

:)

I don't know about anyone else but I love

Enter the Ninja and Revenge Of The Ninja (Hollywood Ninjas At They Best)

Brings back memories

:D

For sheer comedy value Sakura Killers has no equal

Guest shaolinblade

One one my favourite ninja films has to be Sakura Killers. I remember first seeing it when I was around 10 - 11 and it blew me away. The ninjas are sweet in it, Mark Long is the leader of the bad ninjas and Jack Long teaches two american guys the way of the Ninja so they can defeat the evil Ninjas.

Here are some other ninja movies I like, Revenge Of The Ninja, 5 Element Ninjas, Ninja In The Dragons Den, Watari Ninja Boy and Ninja In The Deadly Trap.

Guest shaolinblade
:)

I don't know about anyone else but I love

Enter the Ninja and Revenge Of The Ninja (Hollywood Ninjas At They Best)

Brings back memories

:D

For sheer comedy value Sakura Killers has no equal

Ha ha yeah sakura Killers has it`s funny moments, Chuck Conners in those shades, and when he says " Ninjas " :D It has some wicked action in it too :cool: The UK trailer for it was sweet.

Guest Iron_Jinon

revenge of the ninja...I am have not much watched ninja flicks but that one was surprisingly good and violent for american movie(sho kosugi starred though).

edit:well,sonny chibas "ninja wars" is certainly best I`ve seen

"'Ninja' flicks" is a topic on which I rarely comment. The reason being that I endured an absolutely dreadful film in the '80s (NINJA 3: THE DOMINATION). I watched it with my mom. While she enjoyed it, I was left with a complex about the whole genre! Since then, the only 'Ninja' flicks I've braved watching are: AMERICAN NINJA 1&2, NINJA HUNTER (I can't even remember how bad that was!), and some non-descript Kurata pic. Admittedly, I stand in need of some enlightenment on the subject. So, here's to it!

"'Ninja' flicks" is a topic on which I rarely comment. The reason being that I endured an absolutely dreadful film in the '80s (NINJA 3: THE DOMINATION). I watched it with my mom. While she enjoyed it, I was left with a complex about the whole genre! Since then, the only 'Ninja' flicks I've braved watching are: AMERICAN NINJA 1&2, NINJA HUNTER (I can't even remember how bad that was!), and some non-descript Kurata pic. Admittedly, I stand in need of some enlightenment on the subject. So, here's to it!

This is the equivalent to getting into martial arts movies by watching karate kid and van damme starring in street fighter. You came to the right place to be enlightened

anybody know anything about ninja hunt? looks really good, and there's two versions by the same director, one b/w and one a color update.

KAGE NO GUNDAN, SAKURA KILLERS, NINJA IN THE DEADLY TRAP, and NINJA IN THE DRAGON'S DEN all sound worth 'a go'. I've heard about FIVE ELEMENTS NINJA. That is, Ric Meyers gushed about it on a Tai Seng dvd (I forget which one). I'll check it out, too! BTW, don't know if this is common knowledge, but I found an unofficial site dedicated to SHINOBI NO MONO. I'm not big on black-and-whites. But, given its favorable mention, here, I may add it to my list. I love being a Newbie to this genre!

i dig the first shinobi no mono (considering that was the only one ive seen and it was 8 years ago....great cliffhanger! i think there are 9 in the series)

american ninja

pray for death

i love me some ninja wars!

of course the obligatory chinese ninja movies as well....well let me rephrase that...anything WITHOUT godfrey ho on the title. i still watch em, but merely for camp value

Guest ninjamaster

you fools shame yourselves with your lack of discipline.

you dishonor your dojos with your pitiful selections. let this be the definitive ninja list for all to contemplate their bow their heads in shame for disgracing themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAtrYgNut1E: this fool is powerful because of his silent sexy ninja attitude. notice he doesn't jibber jabber like a lot of fools. he just has a short name and 3 or 4 lines of total dialogue. this is a true ninja. even though he did beat down that mascara-wearing, star tattoo ru paul ninja at the end which is shameful, his code of silence and short name still help him achieve this high honor.

a ninja staple in your pathetically malnourished ninja diet. sho kosugi is atom of the ninja molecule and you are his lunch.

the opening of this ninja movie alone is enough to make your nuts grow 3 sizes. too bad the grey ninja will crush them like he crushes the golf ball easily like a grape. this is probably the closest you will ever get to becoming a ninja.

i like how you thought sho kosugi was putting away his sword. only to pull it out again and cut your bra in half. when you wake up at night in a cold sweat, screaming from the fear and pain that's causing you torment in the deepest corners of your mind, know that its name is.... sho kosugi.

mortal kombat: minus all the boring parts where the girls talk and the white guys fight and the gay chinese guy with the long hair tries to warm your heart between his large breasts and soul-protecting dialogue, there are some hot ninja scenes where ninjas wear different colors to designate their different levels of badass. also happens in american ninja. when ninjas wear different colors, you better just cut your own head off and save yourself the humiliation and embarrassment of getting your ass spread by a green or yellow ninja. green means go as in go put a foot followed by a ninja star up your ass. yellow means slow down, you're approaching a red light of a ninja punch to your sternum. btw, the only reason the ninja lost in this fight scene is because there were little girls in the audience so they had to edit out the part of johnny cage getting his balls ripped off, shoved up his ass and then being decapitated while the ninja laughs at him and kicks his head through a soccer goal.

as soon as this anime becomes a real movie, it should rank higher. this movie is so badass, sometimes you can watch it with a girl and forget to make out.

DragonSword: WOW your being really rough on this series as I had stated before yes it was a low budget series but the Action scenes were really good, and it had a good storyline to it.

I seen that movie Shinobi and I couldn't wait for it to come out. It was an expensive movie and it was totally Garbage. So just because it has a huge budget doesn't mean its going to be a great movie. A lot of people didn't even bother to give this TV series a chance and that is a real shame.