Sign in to follow this  
OpiumKungFuCracker

[Podcast] Serial, might be the best podcast ever created.

Have you guys been living under a rock? Not a single thread about this juggernaut of podcast, it's probably the best medium of any movie any show of any book I've ever witness too!!! It's about the murder of Hae Min Lee a senior at High-school in Baltimore. Convicted was her boyfriend Adnan Sayed but he say's that he is innocent. It's 12 episodes and what stood out to me about this podcast is the attention to detail in each in every episode[production quality] and the musical score. It's like John Carpenter-esqe mixed in with The Raid score. When you hear the music, you're strapped in like donkey kong's scholong and can't let go!!!!

http://serialpodcast.org

Great podcast. I'm looking forward to season two when it finally comes out.

If you didn't know, Adnan has actually won an appeal. His court date is set for June, I believe.

I think they caught the right guy. Would Jay just completely make this stuff up and pin it on a guy he hated since??? What was his beef with Adnan? Did he have a thing for Hae too? I believe Jay and Adnan is guilty as they come and a crazy person who likes to manipulate people.

I think they caught the right guy. Would Jay just completely make this stuff up and pin it on a guy he hated since??? What was his beef with Adnan? Did he have a thing for Hae too? I believe Jay and Adnan is guilty as they come and a crazy person who likes to manipulate people.

They both definitely had something to do with it. Why else would Jay confess to helping with hiding the body? Yeah, something doesn't add up.

But if Adnan is guilty, he's one hell of a sociopath. He's never expressed anything but innocence.

And apparently, Adnan now has an alibi. In his appeal in June, the girl from the library will be allowed to speak. If she puts him in the library at the time of the killing, the story/case could go down a very interesting path indeed.

The question is "Why?" Why did he murder Hae? What pushed him to end her life? It seems like such a severe reaction to have.

They both definitely had something to do with it. Why else would Jay confess to helping with hiding the body? Yeah, something doesn't add up.

But if Adnan is guilty, he's one hell of a sociopath. He's never expressed anything but innocence.

And apparently, Adnan now has an alibi. In his appeal in June, the girl from the library will be allowed to speak. If she puts him in the library at the time of the killing, the story/case could go down a very interesting path indeed.

The question is "Why?" Why did he murder Hae? What pushed him to end her life? It seems like such a severe reaction to have.

Good points. Maybe it was gang initiation? I've seen The Wire and them being in Baltimore that could be a possibility. Gang activity doesn't have to have a reason to murder someone, they just do it because they can.

Have you guys been living under a rock? Not a single thread about this juggernaut of podcast, it's probably the best medium of any movie any show of any book I've ever witness too!!!
If you haven't, I suggest you try other podcasts from public radio, such as This American Life, Invisibilia, etc.

My impression from the evidence presented is that Adnan and maybe Jay were high as kites that day on something bad and that led to what happened.

My impression from the evidence presented is that Adnan and maybe Jay were high as kites that day on something bad and that led to what happened.

Most people claim they only ever smoked weed though. I don't think any strain of weed could mess someone up enough to commit murder. If anything, weed will do the opposite.

If you haven't, I suggest you try other podcasts from public radio, such as This American Life, Invisibilia, etc.

I've been smoking the mary jane since I was a young lad and not once or at any point where I decided to murder someone. When I'm high as a kite, I usually feel:

Happy

Sociable

Horny

creative

hungry

hungry

appreciative of music

boost of music appeal

Makes watching movies that much better

helps with my depression

helps with my sleeping disorder

a personality I didn't have

I'm hilarious when on weed

So either Jay or Adnan is lying, it's either one or the other.

Again Baltimore is gang initiation territory, I've seen the Wire and maybe the killing of Hae Min Lee was part of an initiation. Not that far fetch because I am an expert in hood theology.

The police would have easily made the connection between Adnan and a gang, but there's been nothing reported so far. He sounds like a run of the mill kid. Everything he did as a teenager, I did: booze, weed, minor theft etc. But what drove him to murder (if he did it), we'll never know.