I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Gwai LO

Your collection

Nearly 3000 at the last count. I have some more scattered about here and there too :tongue:

I used to keep a list, but not anymore.

I used to have even more but I've given a load away, to free up some space.

Impressive. What is really impressive is the amount of Asian films I see in those pics. I keep a "not quite up-to-date" list with filmaf.com. I should thin some of my collection too as I have way too many -- nah! I don't think I'll ever get rid of my Criterions :D.

So I hope you don't mind me posting since it's not my martial arts movie collection, but I recently brought home a boatload of comics from work (I work at DC Comics so I had an excellent collection that I got from work and kept in my office, but they're moving to CA next month and I'm not going so I brought home all my books) so I thought I'd share the before and after photo of the books I brought home and then the bookshelf I built for them!

I bought deep shelves so behind the hardcovers you see there is another row of books haha.

post-9549-144191904389_thumb.jpeg

post-9549-144191904436_thumb.jpeg

Here's my Cine Asia/Hong Kong Legends/Premier Asia/Dragon Dynasty collection. I imported every Cine Asia UK release, every HKL Australian release, every Dragon Dynasty US release, and have a few HKL UK that didn't get a Cine Asia/HKL AU reprint. I used to have a lot of Hong Kong and US dvds but sold them and just kept these. I also just bought HKL UK Flaming Brothers and Hong Kong 1941.

Cine Asia UK:

2vundzp.jpg

ofc55h.jpg

Dragon Dynasty US:

33tj7kw.jpg

HKL AU:

jgp1nc.jpg

HKL UK:

donihh.jpg

Premier Asia UK and some others:

1z1dahe.jpg

Not martial arts, but the only other dvds I have left are some tv shows I like:

23skzl.jpg

I also just bought HKL UK Flaming Brothers and Hong Kong 1941.

I'm sure that Hong Kong 1941 got an Australian HKL release too. I don't believe it got a reprint though.

Thought I would bump this thread since I think its great. I love shelving, what people do with it, as well as interior design. I really enjoy looking at peoples collections as well as library storage accounts on Instagarm like b.books.s, dustyatticrarebooks, and chang.li.nao 

I bought a coffee table book from Barnes & Noble recently about record collectors' collections, some which demonstrate the aesthetic that messy collections can have. So I thought Id post some of the 'before' pics, however I do prefer a 'little less' clutter and thought this cabinet DVD shelf was a great idea and effefient use of space. With books and everything else still being displayed, Id like to conceal more eventually too, its a bit of a balancing act to display the amount of stuff your comfortable with (all about finding the medium between minimalism and hoarding lol).  

The mugs are for my roommates etsy shop. Most of my kung fus are in the bag since they didn't fit on the shelf, I told my roommate that was fine because "the ancient buddhist mantra says– 'One should sleep nearest to their Kung Fu film collection to attain the supremist of strength'" 

Anyway Im happy to have ordered this shelf. The brand is Prepac, however seems like I picked up one of the last ones and the new brand maker for the shelf goes by 'Broadway' and seems to have risen in price by one or two hundred dollars.

Also figured I would have the blueprint to attempt to make a replica shelf if I would ever feel up to it 😅. btw comic book boxes fit VHS tapes really well for storage as shown.5B05D785-159A-4C34-BFA2-3D00D5EEBAEC.jpeg

C502F43B-8ECB-4445-AC3D-23F3DEFFD9D3.jpeg

90704272-78A4-4C0F-A4E0-F3D40DB45E02.jpeg

620FE29F-9FAB-40B7-B5DE-E32986FC0A38.jpeg

CE265C2C-65F5-47D3-B302-B6E8A9C3844D.jpeg

25FFA91A-8162-49B8-94D2-F4A8A2DF51F1.gif

Edited by Koravec

Ive seen that video @DragonClaws. This kids room is also a favorite from collection vids Ive seen. I like how all his movies take up the entire wall and more with the vaulted cieling in such a small space.

Interesting thread. I have around 780 Blu Rays, 113 4K UHD's and possibly 250 DVDS. I have pruned in recent years but i never really get it down to a manageable level. I think i need to be really strict, look at each title in isolation and ask myself how often am i going to watch them.? I'm almost 55 years of age, work full time and i struggle to keep up with new stuff let alone my collection. I'm also behind on my tv series. It's taken me 5 months to reach Disc Seven of Van Der Valk, i have two volumes of Man In A Suitcase waiting to be watched and i haven't even started watching Walking Dead Season Nine yet. Decisions..decisions...

@DragonClaws @saltysam You guys are using the thread wrong lol, your supposed to show your collections! Post em up

And Im sure most of us know how it is Sam, Im partially in a stupid phase of buying junk I wont want to keep, but I buy stuff cheap that Im on the fence with, and always think about whether to keep it or not after watching. 

Seems like a pretty cool kid @DragonClaws, but hes still young. Im sure his tastes will change and hell forget 70% of the fu flick information he knows now and may replace it with different info, ah memory..

1 hour ago, Koravec said:

@DragonClaws @saltysam You guys are using the thread wrong lol, your supposed to show your collections! Post em up

And Im sure most of us know how it is Sam, Im partially in a stupid phase of buying junk I wont want to keep, but I buy stuff cheap that Im on the fence with, and always think about whether to keep it or not after watching. 

Seems like a pretty cool kid @DragonClaws, but hes still young. Im sure his tastes will change and hell forget 70% of the fu flick information he knows now and may replace it with different info, ah memory..

Hey, I'm a kid too lol but I only forget the crap movies that I don't care too much... unless its so bad that I can't erase it lmao

16 hours ago, Koravec said:

You are right, my current collection consists of a three storey book shelf, and small cuboard, for the Blu-Ray collection. The rest of my films, are still shelved at my parents house.

16 hours ago, Koravec said:

Dito @Koravec, I've already forgot most of what I've learned over the year's, and my tastes have changed a lot. When I first broke into this genre as a fan, bashers didnt appeal to me, most of the comedy Fu went straight over my head, I also wasnt impressed by the overlylong choreogrpahy style of Asian cinema. Year' of exposure to the Hollywood action style, were still burnt into my expectations.

1 hour ago, Koravec said:

This company makes shelves to fit in doorways. Very cool idea for some extra storage space. Very covert! 

image.jpeg

Good idea ! My martial arts dvds are all in plastic towers or in carton boxes...