I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Kato

The King of the Kickboxers (1990) does any one have this in widescreen?

hi the german dvd is that widescreen?, do you have this version from that site dont mind if in mkv or does anyone have this version?

I don't. I never download .mkv format. I'll do AVI/DIVX when nothing else's available.

MKV is the best format from my knowledge.

I'm no technical expert but to me it's the worst! A mess to burn. Can.t never get them to play on any players and I have high end players like OPPO and Denon, as well as Pioneer, Samsung & Philips. Tried converting software to make a DVD-R but results are always out of sync audio, Can't even play it on my PC so I gave up on that format years ago. Never had problems with AVI (DIVX) although I only use that format when nothing else is available.

a German Mediabook has just been announced! The Bluray will have both 1.78 Widescreen and 1.33 open Matte HD Transfer (English Audio & Subs included)!

44 minutes ago, spannick said:

a German Mediabook has just been announced! The Bluray will have both 1.78 Widescreen and 1.33 open Matte HD Transfer (English Audio & Subs included)!

:pandakungfucan get rid of UK dvd...liked this movie since vhs days. great end fight at the spike filled cage. Got to love germans release these old yankee martial arts flicks in fine presentations...

Edited by Tex Killer

MKV is not a format, it is a container, capable of holding unlimited number of video, audio and subtitile tracks, along with any metadata. It is in my opinion the best container ever made and if you need to know any information about the contained media, you use MediaInfo and it will tell you. You can extract MKV using tools and if needed you can use your favorite NLE (I use Premiere) to re-encode the file to an appropriate format for DVD.

I use MKV for everything. As long as you have MPC-HC and the right codecs, you will have no problem playing anything. Use CCCP which has everything you will ever need if in doubt.

http://www.cccp-project.net/

You should also get the latest MPC-HC to go along with it.

https://mpc-hc.org/

Edited by TheKungFuRobber