I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Guest teako170

DVD / Blu-ray / VHS Cover Requests

Looking for the HKL version covers of She Shoots Straight and Miracles.

Also was wondering how do you guys print out your covers and then cut them to fit the case?

Sorry, I don't have a scanner or I'd hook up people's requests when I could. But in response to your query... Please note that I am not very good with technical stuff, but this works for me:

Method 1

1. I copy and paste covers to a DVD cover file I made up.

2. Then I open them in my PC's (standard) "paint" program.

3. Most DVDs are in "landscape format", or left to right. They won't fit on the page to print this way. So I click on IMAGE at the top to open a drop-down list. Then I click on FLIP/ROTATE. In that sub menu choose ROTATE BY ANGLE, 90 degrees. This will flip the image on it's side into what's called "portrait" format.

4. Now click on FILE, and in the drop-down choose PAGE SETUP.

5. Under PAPER SIZE choose LEGAL. Due to the fact that most printers will only print to within a quarter inch from the edge of the paper in the printer, regular "letter" size paper (8.5x11) will cut off part of a DVD cover. So you need to use "legal" size paper which is 8.5x14. You can buy it at any office supply store. Under ORIENTATION choose "portrait. Under CENTERING there should be a check box for both HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL- uncheck them both. Under MARGIN, the left one should be 0.75, and the right one should be 0.50. You will see a diagram on the left called PREVIEW. It will show the size of the paper with dashed lines indicating the borders. The grey box with the X within it represents the size that the cover will print on your page. Usually, it it partly cut off when you first get to this page. Now under SCALING there will be a control marked ADJUST TO: ____ % NORMAL SIZE. Change this percentage, bigger or smaller, until the grey box with the X fits just within the dashed lines in the PREVIEW diagram. Once it fits within there, filling the space within those dashed lines/your selected margin as tightly as possible, your cover is very close to perfect DVD cover size. Now, just to avoid the top edge getting cut off, change the RIGHT margin setting to 0.40.

6. Click OK

7. That submenu will close.

8. Now click on FILE again. In the drop-down choose PRINT and click on PRINT when that opens. Here comes a properly sized cover.

Method 2

1. If you have Photoshop, create a "canvas" that is the exact size of a standard DVD cover. Just measure any official DVD cover you have around.

2. Then save this as "DVD COVER TEMPLATE".

3. Now whenever you want to print a cover, you OPEN it in this template, stretch it until it fills the borders, and print it.

As for cutting, I bought a nice little folding paper cutter from Michael's Arts and Crafts (A.C. Moore, Staples, and OfficeMax all sell them too) for about $17.00. DO NOT buy the kind with the blade that you pull down (like a handle) as these usually cut crooked. Buy the kind with the sliding blade.

Hope that helps.

Seeking art for these 5 mainland Chang Cheh films. Thanks in advance.

1. Great Shanghai 1937 (1986)

2. Across the River (1988)

3. Hidden Hero (1990)

4. Slaughter in Xian (1990)

5. Journey to the West (1991)

Some of these might be a stretch but seeking the following DVD covers --

(most likely some of these would have to be custom but I'm OK with even a decent VHS cover).

Thanks...

3 Shaolin Musketeers

7 Commandments of Kung Fu thanks DM!

Golden Mask

Manchu Boxer

Mysterious Foot Works of Kung Fu thanks DM!

And still looking for decent scans of the late CC work (see 3 posts above this one)

Some of these might be a stretch but seeking the following DVD covers --

(most likely some of these would have to be custom but I'm OK with even a decent VHS cover).

Thanks...

3 Shaolin Musketeers

7 Commandments of Kung Fu

Golden Mask

Manchu Boxer

Mysterious Foot Works of Kung Fu

And still looking for decent scans of the late CC work (see 3 posts above this one)

Here you go...

post-219-144191893822_thumb.jpg

Seeking art for...

Flexible Judge Pao aka The Black Justice (1976)

Marvelous Stunts of Kung Fu aka Fighting Fist (1979)

Thanks

Original art? I have Jamal's custom cover for "Marvelous Stunts..."

Looking for .....

Thunderbolt (1973)

Lovers Blade (1982)

Thanks in advance...

Which LOVERS BLADE? There are two films with the same name and they both came out in 1982. Are you looking for a cover for the Shaw Brothers one?

Yes, the SB one with Kara.

Wasn't aware of that other flick..... Hey, it's Mrs. Pops! :bigsmile:

Which LOVERS BLADE? There are two films with the same name and they both came out in 1982. Are you looking for a cover for the Shaw Brothers one?