I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Drunken Monk

Michael Jai White - "I can beat Bruce Lee and all of The Expendables"...

fylDp1VtZbA

We are unique, gentlemen... We forge our bodies, into the fire of our will.

"If you want to talk about this, I'll be in my room"

I think no way MJW would have beaten Bruce. "ox power" theory applies where opponents have low skill, bigger wins but more highly skilled they are body size becomes less significant.

No way is Michael Jai White an "Ox". He's an incredible physical specimen, fast, powerful and agile. In a head to head crash, an Ford 150 beats a $300,000 Ferrari. The guy has 7 black belts, including a Black Belt in Oyama knockdown Karate.

Please, tell me about light or middle weight champions who consistently defeat heavyweights. The only guys that did it for a while were the Gracies, and they were not strikers and did nothing that remotely resembles JKD. Also, once people figured out what their deal was, they were displaced and now are coaches.

As a matter of fact, most "JKD" schools and instructors have gone into BJJ and dropped all the Jun Fan stuff. They do Muay Thai, Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and Boxing. No trapping, no one inch punch, no back fists, hook kicks, etc. No side shin kicks either.

Look, I like Bruce Lee movies, but they are movies. I don't think Clint Eastwood can shot 5 guys in a fast draw or Sean Connery is a spy, either. I keep saying it, the recommendations of a bunch of no contact, point fighters does not mean that much. Yes, they were "US Champions" or "World Champions" but they stopped after every score and mostly lunged at each other. There were many rougher, more contact oriented martial arts, but they did not fit in the commercial Karate mold of Black Belt Magazine. Christ, there were Tae Kwon Do tournaments that allowed knock out kicks to the head, but they did not get any publicity.

I feel like a lot of people are painting Jai White as a big, unskilled bully which isn't very fair. Scott Adkins and Wesley Snipes are the only expendables cast with chances at winning in my opinion. I've never been a fan of Randy so I'm not sure about his skill set.

From Jai White's website-

Michael Jai White is a legitimate holder of eight black belts of varying degrees in eight different Martial Arts forms. Beginning his Martial Arts training at the age of eight and achieving his first black belt at the age of twelve, he now has over twenty years of experience. Originally a student of the legendary Shigeru Oyama , ( at the time Shigeru Oyama was the world renowned head of the U.S. Kyokushin Karate Association) he is now the head of World Oyama Karate. White went on to achieve a black belt in seven other karate styles; Shotokan, ITF Tae Kwon Do, WTF Tae Kwon Do, Kobudo, Goju Ryu , Tang Soo Do and the Superfoot system. Michael just tested for and earned his 8th blackbelt at the JLFS/Superfoot summer conference(October11th 2013). He has also had years of Wu-Shu Kung Fu training under current American Wu-Shu team coach, Eric Chen. White has trained privately with the likes of Bill" Superfoot" Wallace, Benny " The Jet" Urquidez, Shihan Bobby Lowe, Shokei Matsui, Jean Claude Van Damme, James Lew, Don " the Dragon " Wilson, Peter Cunningham, Billy Blanks, Gene Lebell and Joe Lewis. White has also worked behind the scenes on stunt fighting sequences with Steven Segal. White himself has amassed countless trophies, awards and Grand Championship honors from open "point System" to inter-federational tournaments both home and abroad Throughout his twenty-plus years as a Martial Artist. U.S. Open, North American J.K.A., World Knockdown Free sparring Champion are among many titles donned by White before moving to LA to continue his already successful dramatic acting career.

Well for what it'd worth here are my two cents: He may or may not have been able to Bruce Lee. It's very easy for him to say, impossible to back up, which begs the question: why say it at all?

I feel like a lot of people are painting Jai White as a big, unskilled bully which isn't very fair. Scott Adkins and Wesley Snipes are the only expendables cast with chances at winning in my opinion. I've never been a fan of Randy so I'm not sure about his skill set.

Dolph Lundgren?

I'd like to hear Michael Jai White elaborate on a possible fight with Bruce. It'd be cool to hear him discuss what techniques he'd use, like when Ronda Rousey said she could beat Floyd Mayweather.

I think Rhonda would beat Floyd.

Not standing, but in a MMA style fight.

Hell I'm 6'0" @ 185lbs I may be able to beat him in a fight.

Mayweather's a little dude.

I think Rhonda would beat Floyd.

Not standing, but in a MMA style fight.

That's basically what she said...

"I wouldn’t even stand up. I wouldn’t even be anywhere near him. I would just do like a little army crawl over there and he would have to run away. I would just be skittering after him like the one dude in 'Bloodsport' that was doing the whole monkey crawl fight system. I would do that. I would just bear crawl over there, too low for him to hit me, and I’d tackle him down. I spend a lot of time on the ground and I doubt that he does."

I'd like to hear Michael Jai White elaborate on a possible fight with Bruce. It'd be cool to hear him discuss what techniques he'd use, like when Ronda Rousey said she could beat Floyd Mayweather.

Hear hear. I love hearing strategy so this would be a fun listen. I would also like to hear his how he would dismantle Couture as well. Now I don't think he would win, but I never painted White as a unskilled bully. I am familiar with his background in martial arts.

Of course all of this is speculation. Shoud he have said it? It wasn't the most humble thing to say, but I'm sure he believes it. So those on the kungfumanati are going to comment on it.

Mayweather is fast (slowing a little with age, but still extremely fast), I would never take him lightely at any size. But yeah I don't think he has worked much on his ground game :D.

I think MJW is the favorite in a theoretical fight with Bruce, that`s not what bothered me.

What bothers me his is total disrespect for Bruce`s power, saying Bruce could run across the street and hit him and it would be nothing.

I like MJW but he isn`t a competitive fighter either so why say this stuff at all.

Bruce Lee did more good for the martial arts than anyone and should be respected for it.

After taking the time to watch this video a few times I think MJW was joking. He was given a series of random questions and responded pretty quickly. I bet you he has a Bruce Lee poster on his house. A running side kick from Bruce Lee would be a nightmare for just about anyone but we'll never no the outcome........although I'd love to see a cgi rendition of this fight similar to the Bruce Lee vs Donnie Yen one.

"But I still refuse... to... say.... that kung.................................................... fu............. is be.......................tter...................than.........................karate."

They're actors not fighters. I am as big a fan of the genre as anyone else, but these debates just get old after a while. Also, to the guy who is 185 lbs and thinks he can beat up Floyd Mayweather because of it, you are clueless.

Size makes a big difference, but when there is a difference between someone knowing how to fight(you know, as in they train regularly to be an effective competitor), and someone who doesn't know how to fight, the fighter is going to win, unless the size difference is just ridiculous.

Ronda Rousey would most likely beat Floyd in a cage match, but Floyd has a chance.

Floyd would beat Ronda Rousey in a boxing match, and she has no chance.

In a street fight? Whoever is smart enough to use a weapon/gouge eyes, bite, etc. wins.

Lul, this guy. I don't feel he was joking about Bruce Lee (he kinda broke it down with the weight thing and what not) but he put it out in a respectable way. I do feel he was joking about the Expendables due to how he said it.

Any guy who can say he could beat Bruce is an idiot, BL died 40 years ago easy now to make such statements. Talk the talk, walk the walk. I do not doubt MJW is skilled martial artists but bruce was too. Looks in movies and additional footage quicker than lightning and damn strong, not movie muscles but tight in real way.

I am not BL fanatic like many other members in this forum...