I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
OpiumKungFuCracker

Your Raid 3 action set pieces ideas!!!

Boy, it's a good thing I'm not writing for this movie, my ideas SUCK!!!!!

My action set pieces for Raid 3:

1. Wing tip of a Boeing 747 plane- Rama fights gangsters on the wing tip of the plane just like in Die Hard 2 but just amped it up by 1000 notches.

2. Boat chase scene in the pacific ocean for chrisakes!!! Rama fights thugs on the fucking boat while being chased in the ocean!!!

3. Mall or amusement park fight- Rama fights gangster either at a giant strip mall or at a knock off Disney world park, WOW!!!

4. highway fight scene- Just like in Special ID but not construction an actual busy traffic highway scene where Rama fights gangsters, ahhahah!!!

5. futbol game- Rama fights players while the game is in session. The players are actually gangsters, yeah how lame right, hahahhahah!

Wow, that be great but not sure what religious activist would think of this. Would they find it offensive? :tongue:

LOL..great point there, during this climate with what's going on in the world it may force gareth to snip that scene out..Ouch! But if he keeps it Halal (aka Kosher) then im sure the Imams of Indonesia will turn the other way and let them have it in the film.

20 hours ago, SamSeed said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but no Raid 3! http://www.maactioncinema.com/archives/9793

16 hours ago, Koravec said:

The trilogy that never was...deserved a third.

But the two made sure delivered, would be hard to top!

It's a no go for now, but I can see them returning to these highly succesful films at somepoint. Even if Gareth Evans hands it over to somebody else in the future?.

I never expected Rambo 4 to happen, now their prepping for a Fifth one, never say never, in Entertianment Industry.

@DragonClaws Yeah, I agree. Just because it hasnt been planned or put off doesnt have me fully vconvinced there will never be a third, but if they wait too long its going to kill a lot of interest and become a sort of reboot and corny (maybe following that hollywood formula) Lol, but in a side note, too many hollywood movies wait to long to make sequels to the point when theyre remaking remakes that came out only years before, or theyll only be semi-related (at the least to the fans actually following a franchise). At this point it makes me wonder if Avatar 2 will be a reboot of sorts...

I havent been incredibly interested in the stuff Iko has acted in since the Raid. Seems like back in 2014 and prior, all the martial stars (Tony, Iko, Donnie, even Jackie to an extent) were doing exclusively kung fu movies. Now theyre appearing in all sorts of stuff, making cameos/minor roles, random action movies (where they dont even showcase their skills), and entering hollywood (which hasnt worked too favorably for fans). Its become hard to keep up with all of that these days.

1 hour ago, Koravec said:

but if they wait too long its going to kill a lot of interest and become a sort of reboot and corny (maybe following that hollywood formula)

There were plans for a U.S re-boot at one point, though theyve gone cold at the moment.

Link- https://www.action-flix.com/action-flix-home-page/the-raid-remake-is-on-frank-grillo-and-joe-carnahan-will-bring-it-to-the-screen/

Doing promotions for Apostle, Gareth Evans made it official...There is not going to be a Raid 3. He said he's done with it.

“The Raid 3 was… at one point it was on my radar. I had a full idea. I know what the storyline would have been. But I think enough time has passed now that I think I’m not likely to go back and revisit it. We had a lot of fun making those films, and I think we came to a nice, sort of natural conclusion with [The Raid 2]. And I think sometimes you can have a little bit too much of a good thing.”

“The Raid 1 and 2 were incredible for me, but I just didn’t want to be doing The Raids all the time. And the more time has gone on from that, the less interested I’ve been to go back there. What we did with The Raid 2, we kinda close that off nicely, so it didn’t really appeal to me to jump back into that world again.”

Dark Horizons

Well, is he still going to work with Iko and those guys at least? I mean you don't have to do a raid 3 but come on another action vehicle with Iko and the team is a good pathway. How was that marky mark movie? It didn't do shit!!! I'm pretty pissed off man!