I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

CatNap

DVD player broke.....

Broke yesterday and the other that I had bought, a Philips player that I programmed to play all regional DVD, is missing and naturally we don't know where it is. So I have all my Alex Fu Sheng DVDs and others that only play Region 3 and I've no idea where to get another. I want something that plays all my HK DVDs. Can anyone help recommend a good affordable player? I don't need Blue ray, I just want to play my HK films. :frown:

Laura

Broke yesterday and the other that I had bought, a Philips player that I programmed to play all regional DVD, is missing and naturally we don't know where it is. So I have all my Alex Fu Sheng DVDs and others that only play Region 3 and I've no idea where to get another. I want something that plays all my HK DVDs. Can anyone help recommend a good affordable player? I don't need Blue ray, I just want to play my HK films. :frown:

Laura

Go on Ebay. There's plenty of named brands universal players like Pioneer, Samsung, Phillips, LG, Sony on Ebay for US$45-50 including delivery in the USA.

I was paranoid that my R3 player would break and I would be in the same boat, so I know how you must feel Laura. 12 years ago I decided to buy 2 players (just in case). Ironically, I'm still using the same Cyberhome that I bought for under $30. The other one is still in its box - waiting in the bullpen.

Thank you for the link and the suggestions. I really PO'd at this point because I bought a second one to keep on hand for just this time and now I've spent good money for a brand new DVD player to use when this one died and it's no where to be found. Not done looking....thank you for the replies. :) Can't wait to play my Alex Fu Sheng again.....

Ironically, the cheaper the DVD player (brand and price-wise), the better chances it's hackable. Take a visit to wal-mart, write down model numbers, then visit that above link reason108 provided. You'll find one.

Unlike years ago, region free (hackable) players are a dime a dozen. $20-40 tops. Maybe a few more dollars expensive if you want the HDMI connection, etc.

Well, I looked and I can't find the additional DVD player I had so that's now gone...great. I'm online checking out the DVDs and the hacks info and I'm getting a little frustrated with the negative posts saying that the codes don't actually work for some. Looked at the GPX D200B last at Walmart. Just to put this out there, can anyone recommend a DVD player that plays their Region 3 and all other disks? I've looked on ebay too but if I can't get it to work, I have to pay to send it back. I work out of state so this will take my Friday night for the box and my Saturday morning to actually return it and I'll have to pay for the return shipping. God, this is just what I wanted to avoid. Should I just get the Walmart DVD player and hope it'll work? Just trying to avoid a dud, recommendations appreciated....Thanks...

Well, I looked and I can't find the additional DVD player I had so that's now gone...great. I'm online checking out the DVDs and the hacks info and I'm getting a little frustrated with the negative posts saying that the codes don't actually work for some. Looked at the GPX D200B last at Walmart. Just to put this out there, can anyone recommend a DVD player that plays their Region 3 and all other disks? I've looked on ebay too but if I can't get it to work, I have to pay to send it back. I work out of state so this will take my Friday night for the box and my Saturday morning to actually return it and I'll have to pay for the return shipping. God, this is just what I wanted to avoid. Should I just get the Walmart DVD player and hope it'll work? Just trying to avoid a dud, recommendations appreciated....Thanks...

Also, check ebay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Region+Free+DVD&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR8.TRC1.A0.H0.XRegion+Free+DVD+player&_nkw=Region+Free+DVD+player&_sacat=0