I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Takuma

Retro Cinemas and Cult Films in Japan (+ Sonny Chiba festival!) - Some Content NSFW

2 hours ago, Takuma said:

A pretty great Toho New Action series coming up at Laputa. Dying to see Attack on the Sun (1970) and The Target of Roses (1972) by Kiyoshi Nishimura. And maybe Bullet Wound as well. The others I've seen.

The whole program:

11/09(土)~11/15(金) 「狙撃」(Sun Above, Death Below) (Hideichi Nagahara, 1968)
11/16(土)~11/25(月) 「弾痕」(Bullet Wound) (Hideichi Nagahara, 1969)
11/26(火)~12/02(月) 「白昼の襲撃」(Attack on the Sun) (Kiyoshi Nishimura, 1970)
12/03(火)~12/12(木) 「豹(ジャガー)は走った」(The Creature Called Man) ()Kiyoshi Nishimura, 1970)
12/13(金)~12/19(木) 「野獣都市」(City of Beasts) (Jun Fukuda, 1970)
12/20(金)~12/26(木) 「ヘアピン・サーカス」 (Hairpin Circus) (Kiyoshi Nishimura, 1972)
1/06(月)~1/12(日) 「薔薇の」(Target of Roses) (Kiyoshi Nishimura, 1972)
1/13(月)~1/19(日) 「野獣狩り」(Beast Hunt) (Eizo Sugawa, 1973)

Do you foresee new releases of these films on the horizon? There are 3 or 4 that are not available on DVD currently.

10 hours ago, Gaijin84 said:

Do you foresee new releases of these films on the horizon? There are 3 or 4 that are not available on DVD currently.

Attack on the Sun  and Target of Roses  lack DVD releases in Japan. The rest are available.

These being Toho, I don't really see them putting them out, although the recent Kumashiro announcement (Failed Youth and Africa's Light coming in December) gives me some hope. Lets hope for the best.

The film I most wish would be released is not in this series: Nishimura's absolutely amazing debut film Too Young To Die (1969).

Edited by Takuma