Sign in to follow this  
OpiumKungFuCracker

Bottom of the barrel worst martial arts movie of the last decade?

And as he fought through all those guys up to Johnny. The building that was behind the restaurant several stories taller that no one saw from the outside. :tongue:

However, I was too engaged with the ass kicking to notice till later viewings.

Also, the fight in the fake temple with the white monk with characters inspired by what looked to be Tekken. Eddy Goro, Check. Jin Kazama with a sword check. Craig Marduk check.

And there was the crazy fight at the end where you though it couldn't get any crazier. He fights an army of sharp well dressed bad guys. Then two massive guys appear to kick his ass. Where did get these guys.

Protector 1 wasn't going to win any awards for story or acting. But it had lots of action and was probably Tony's best before his descent into the current mediocrity.

I don't mind thin plots in action movies but I do expect to care about the characters in some way to appreciate everything else. The first two Ong Bak movies succeeded with that while The Protector movies failed to do so to me.

I like most of the ones that are being panned. Skimming through the mini-reviews, I've got as being the worst....

Maximum Cage Fighting ('07)

Chai Lai Angels ('09)

An Empress and the Warriors ('08)

Ultimate Force ('07)

The Restless ('06)

The Black Ninja ('03)

The Eliminator ('03)

Supreme Champion ('10)

Mercury Man ('06)

Clash of Empires ('10)

Freerunner ('10)

Ultimate Fight ('04)

Beatdown ('10)

True Legend ('10)

Bodyguards & Assassins ('09)

Black Cobra ('12)

The King of the Streets ('13)

The Last Sentinel ('07)

Oh come on guys, King of The Streets was not that bad of a film. The audio mixing on my bluray kicked my ass. Is there an award for best sound in a feature film? That would go to King of the Streets. Going back to the Protector, that might be one of the best polished/edited and photographic film in Pinkaew filmography. Which is still not saying much but when you compare it to the first Ong Bak which is just pure guerrilla filmmaking/grainy and visceral, it's quite impressive. Do you guys know if The Protector had a higher budget because it looks almost like a Hollywood produced film.

I don't mind thin plots in action movies but I do expect to care about the characters in some way to appreciate everything else. The first two Ong Bak movies succeeded with that while The Protector movies failed to do so to me.

They stole his elephants bruh?:tongue:

That's the thing though, they are presented differently which is why they greatly differ in overall quality action-aside.

They stole his elephants bruh?:tongue:

I watched it the 1st time without subtitles. Pretty much every line he spoke could have just been translated and thought as "where is my elephant?!"

Forbidden kingdom was pretty damn terrible and so was karate kid remake. But I`m not sure is it right to mention those wrecks in this thread as those are obviously made for kids so different standard apply when judge those...

Oh come on guys, King of The Streets was not that bad of a film.

I couldn't even sit through it. At least "The Protector 2" has entertainment value. "King of the Streets" took itself so seriously that it became an actual chore.

What about "Tekken" film? Has anybody mentioned that yet? That was pretty bad. No...wait...wait...

DEAD OR ALIVE

Fun, silly but, in reality, an awful film. Still, it did feature Holly Valance with her bra off.

What about "Tekken" film? Has anybody mentioned that yet? That was pretty bad. No...wait...wait...

Tekken was missed opportunity. They had some good fighters and even storyline not that bad. But fights were not good or more likely poorly edited and ended too quickly.

I couldn't even sit through it. At least "The Protector 2" has entertainment value. "King of the Streets" took itself so seriously that it became an actual chore.

DEAD OR ALIVE

Fun, silly but, in reality, an awful film. Still, it did feature Holly Valance with her bra off.

Add King of Fighters to the list of bad movies. Or just another plain bad video game based movie.

Tekken was missed opportunity. They had some good fighters and even storyline not that bad. But fights were not good or more likely poorly edited and ended too quickly.

Tekken's blame does go to the editors because BTS footage of Cyril proved that he could choreograph quite well, but it was the editors who didn't have a clue as to what they were doing. I blame them for it being a bad film.

CHOY LEE FUT could have been done so much better. A cruddy greenscreen sequence with Dennis To in the mix and some badly edited fights wasted the talents of the cast. The best fight though was Kane Kosugi vs. Ian Powers, even Lau Wing-Kin (son of Lau Kar-Wing) was wasted in this... :(

Tekken's blame does go to the editors because BTS footage of Cyril proved that he could choreograph quite well, but it was the editors who didn't have a clue as to what they were doing. I blame them for it being a bad film.

Apparently "Kill 'Em All" suffered from the same problem according to Tim Man.

I have been trying to watch "Hirokin: The Last Samurai" and have yet to finish it.

Have anyone actually watch that movie all the way through?

I watched Hirokin all the way through, but it was playing on a Spanish language channel. The Spanish dubbed voices probably made it sound better than in English. Also, I was watching to see how much it followed The Hero's Journey (as in Joseph Campbell's Hero With A Thousand Faces) rather than just as a simple, cheap action movie.

1. Hanuman: White Monkey Warrior

2. Thunderkick

3. Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li

4. Dragonball Evolution

5. Cradle to the Grave

6. Bangkok Revenge

7. Badges of Fury

8. Raging Phoenix

9. Tai Chi Zero

10. Kinta 1881

HyperDrive, you're the first person I know to actually have (/ admit to having) seen 'Thunderkick'! I resigned myself to staring in wonderment at the trailer for it from time to time. How about the 2 sequels?:tongue:

Surprised some of Seagal's output has not been mentioned, his straight to DVD stuff destroys some of the Thai films in terms of badness. At least thai films have good action scenes. There are a lot of crappy MMA films out there at the moment too. Anyway, the worst ones that ive seen are;

Submerged

Flight of Fury

Never Surrender

Spy Next Door

Man With the Iron Fists

Dead or Alive

Surprised some of Seagal's output has not been mentioned,

We might see it different but I do not think seagals movies as martial arts flicks, just action movies with some fighting. Most of stuff he has put out in about last 20 years is trash but somehow I like to watch those one mans show movies where seagal is about superman.

:nerd:

Movies that really got to me:

King of the Fighters

Twins Effect 2

Hard CORPS

Bulletproof Monk

Sorcerer and the White Snake (Eva Huang's beauty notwithstanding)

War/Rogue