I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
thelastweaponmaster

What happened to Bey Logan?

7 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I might have to put in a request to join, out of interest in the film. Recently set up a FB account, to get in touch with people, for a Bolo film I'm working on. Still don't rate FB much, but its hrd to contact some people without it.

@Fist of the Heavenly Sky started a Big Boss appreciation thread here on the forums.

Well Louis C.K. is back doing comedy too... all you really have to do is lay low for 6 months and then slowly start to work again. Easy peasy!

ADD world out there

4 minutes ago, Gaijin84 said:

Well Louis C.K. is back doing comedy too... all you really have to do is lay low for 6 months and then slowly start to work again. Easy peasy!

ADD world out there

Good points, but you would at least think his vicitms wouldnt forget so easily. Did all the allegations just vanish over night?, did people stop pursueing it?, were they paid off?.

You are spot on about the ADD world, the media always been that way, long before online technology speeded things up.

As long as you aren't going to trial, it seems like you can literally get away with anything as long as you stay out of the spotlight until the media fervor dies down. Quite a time we're potentially surviving.

6 minutes ago, Gaijin84 said:

As long as you aren't going to trial, it seems like you can literally get away with anything as long as you stay out of the spotlight until the media fervor dies down. Quite a time we're potentially surviving.

I'm sure thats the adivce the legal team will tell him, you hear this teem in films/T.V shows all the time "Lay low, while this all blows over".

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this, but just got an email from an obviously long ago subscribed to mailing list, Bey Logan appears to have set up an online shop. Anyone else got the same thing? It's conflicting because by all accounts he's, to put it lightly, not a very nice person. But his audio commentaries really are second to none, and here he has bespoke commentaries for Drunken Master's 1 and 2, as well as Enter the Dragon and OUATIC available to purchase. Anybody checked them out?

https://www.reeleast.com/product-category/audios/

Edited by SamSeed

An audio commentary, by itself, for 9 bucks!? That's taking the piss a little. I know Bey is a wealth of knowledge on the genre but listening to him speak about a film for 90 minutes isn't worth that much.

I hardly think this warrants its own thread, so I´ll post it here. Logan´s directorial debut, ´The Dark Soul´, is heading to VOD on June 11, so yours truly was lucky enough to receive a screener for review. Check it out over at COF via the link -

https://cityonfire.com/the-dark-soul-2018-review-bey-logan/

darksoul.jpg

That certainly is Logan with "great personal friend" Donnie.

I miss the 90s.

I don't miss Logan, however, who I hope continues to tailspin evermore into obscurity.

9 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

@One Armed Boxer Did the production company of the film send you a screener? Were they under the impression you'd watch it early and give it a glowing review?

Ha ha, it was the PR company. It came with an embargo date of Monday, which in the context of screeners is usually an unspoken acknowledgement that they know they have a clunker on their hands, so want to hold off publishing any reviews until as close as possible to the release date. I decided to decline the `interview opportunity` with Brewerton or Logan.

11 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Ha ha, it was the PR company. It came with an embargo date of Monday, which in the context of screeners is usually an unspoken acknowledgement that they know they have a clunker on their hands, so want to hold off publishing any reviews until as close as possible to the release date. I decided to decline the `interview opportunity` with Brewerton or Logan.

I can only imagine how awkward an interview would have been after watching the movie.

I can imagine a question like: Well, let's get to something more pleasant, let's talk about the sexual harassment accusations against you.

15 hours ago, kami said:

I can imagine a question like: Well, let's get to something more pleasant, let's talk about the sexual harassment accusations against you.

Fun fact: This interview exists, & resides in the cityonfire archives (along with ´The Big Boss´ saw-in-the-head scene & ´Eastern Condors´ basketball footage).

Back in September last year, shortly before Bey annoyingly began bombarding every social media group even slightly related to HK cinema with links to buy his new book, we received an e-mail from him offering us an online preview copy in exchange for a review and interview.

I spoke with @mpm74 about how it´d be COF-suicide to do the review, and made an off-the-cuff joke about how we should agree to do the interview, but only if he´d be willing to make it a “Bey tells his side of the story” exclusive, in which we´d basically ask him all the questions we all wanted answers to, but never thought there´d be a chance to ask. A few days later, that same joke became a “to hell with it, let´s propose that exact deal back to him.”

After some back & forth (which included us actually buying the book, since the interview wasn´t really going to be about promoting it), Bey agreed to be interviewed on the allegations, and we agreed we´d mutually align on when it would be posted. At the time Louis C.K., the American comedian who also had several women come forward accusing him of sexual misconduct, had just returned to stand-up comedy, so we used that as a framework to draw parallels between their respective situations.

It was/is a solid interview, and we aimed to post it in October, so true to our word we dropped a note to Bey advising him of the same. However our agreement to mutually align on the timing came back to bite us on the ass, as Bey said he´d shown the manuscript of the interview to his publicist, who´d strongly advised not to publish it, as it would damage the sales of his book & directorial debut (ha!).

Then of course in the months afterward, Bey´s radio silence was well and truly broken as he returned to social media with a vengeance, always seen with a copy of his book in hand, and posting onset photos from ´A Dark Soul´, ´Vixen´, & alike. The mystery of what happened to him in those preceding months after the allegations hit disappeared, and the interview began to feel redundant, so it´s still sitting there 9 months later. Hopefully we´ll post it one day, but for now we´ll honour what we agreed to. The people we interview may lack integrity, but we still prefer to keep ours.