I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
OpiumKungFuCracker

Wu Jing, where are you?

How does a guy with incredible Martial Arts skill not get bigger/attractive roles? I know he's in a lot of movies but is it his vehicle? Since SPL or Fatal Contact, I don't remember which movie came out first, it seemed he has quietly turned it down a notch when it comes to starring vehicle or being the bad ass henchman. It's hard to find the movies he's in because he's barely in them. I haven't seen Shaolin yet but does he have a significant role in that one? I do love my Triad movies, does he have a big role in Triad Wars? Wu Jing where are you????

P.S, Wu Jing easily stole the show in S.P.L/ easily.

He has worked on a lot of mainland tv shows which explains the gaps in his filmography. Though you're right, he never really broke out like one would expect someone with his talents to do. He did try to capitalize on his mid 00's career resurgence with the self directed Legendary Assassin, but that probably did more harm that good. It was pretty much down hill from there.

He's a guest star in Jet Li's Badges of Fury and is currently working on his second directorial movie, The Wolf, featuring himself as the lead and Scott Adkins.

I thought Legendary Assassin was decent entertainment, although Nicky Li botched the fight between Ken Lo and Wu Jing. Too many wires and not enough bad-*ssery from Ken.

Legendary Assassins was OK i guess...not horrible...

Invisible Target was good!

i really liked Wu Jing in Shaolin...i wish he would do more of those type of roles...havn't seen some of his other stuff

I've lost hope in him. Every time he gets a lead role he gets stuck with a terrible script and poor fight choreography. I don't see him starring in a big HK film like Ip man either, he just doesn't have the screen presence for it. I think he's best suited to sideman roles where he lets his martial skills do the talking.

I agree, I want to see more of him! I think he's really talented and had been so looking forward to more movies with him when he first popped up, but there's been so few.

Also his role in Shaolin is small, and I would have liked to see him fight more. He is very good in the role though. It's also a good movie regardless, so it's worth checking out.

But yeah, I want some more Wu Jing in my life.

also where's Zhao Wen Zhou!?!

Vincent Zhao, as he is now called, returned with True Legend and was originally supposed to fight Donnie Yen in Special ID, but let's just say major s**t hit the fan between Yen and Zhou, causing all sorts of legal matters. He did do one film last year, Wu Dang, which was okay, but Zhao IMO lacks charisma when he has a lead role.