I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

TibetanWhiteCrane

What's with the slump?

I have a question that will test you if you're an average kung fu guy or not.

Did you like Bangkok Revenge?

I havent seen it. I love the old school stuff and really havent made my way that far yet.

Im not really sure what you mean.....

I think that forum members here are very good at answering questions of newcommers. But obviously the more knowledgable and jaded members, like others mentioned, have already had every discussion imaginable about this genre, so they are less likely to retread the same topics again and again. That's understandable.

It's also about absorbing the knowledge and info that's already there. Like doing a forum search if you have a questions, instead of starting a new thread with something that has most likely been covered 20 imes over.

That's not directed at you, but I know alot of newbs who just come on here, and expect to be handed everything without doing the bare minimum of "detective" work themselves.

Nothing wrong with being inquisitive, and I think there should always be room for newbies and their questions, but some don't see all the info right under their nose.

Fatcat... No one should ever be made to feel neglected... Sometimes during discussions, passions run deep. If you're seeking assistance, knowledge, or products, feel free to shoot PM's... That way you may get a concern addressed in a more expedient manner. My PM box, as well as many others I'm certain, are open to this.

:bigsmile:

Thanks, everyone really goes out of their way most of the time, but there have been 1 or 2 instances I think I see neglect towards newbies, TWC put some light on some things I shouldve taken into account, Thanks again guys!:nerd:

I no longer have the love that I once had for these movies, not like I did on the old forums. The passion left me a few years ago. I still visit the forum, though. I post a handful of times anymore, mostly outside of the kungfu section. I put in Big Boss of Shanghai about two weeks ago, and that was the first time I had watched Fu in probably a year.

My life has changed. A wife and two kids (3 &1), a 12 hour 6 day a week job. None of these things existed on the original forums. Maybe that plays a part in it. I don't know.

But, maybe that'll change soon. I'm looking to put my oldest in some form of martial art, but can't figure out which, pickings are slim here in Lower Delaware. I Might start a topic on that.

I no longer have the love that I once had for these movies, not like I did on the old forums. The passion left me a few years ago. I still visit the forum, though. I post a handful of times anymore, mostly outside of the kungfu section. I put in Big Boss of Shanghai about two weeks ago, and that was the first time I had watched Fu in probably a year.

My life has changed. A wife and two kids (3 &1), a 12 hour 6 day a week job. None of these things existed on the original forums. Maybe that plays a part in it. I don't know.

But, maybe that'll change soon. I'm looking to put my oldest in some form of martial art, but can't figure out which, pickings are slim here in Lower Delaware. I Might start a topic on that.

Muay Thai bro

My life has changed. A wife and two kids (3 &1), a 12 hour 6 day a week job. None of these things existed on the original forums. Maybe that plays a part in it. I don't know..

Oh yeah -- in the same boat. Them lil rugrats will suck the life out of you.

And if you do get a free moment to sit and watch the tube, Dora or Pocoyo are probably on. :squigglemouth:

My DVD viewing time is down to about one disc per week (all genres, not just Asian or the fu).

At this rate, I'll be in my 80s before I get through my entire collection just once. :sad:

My passion for the genre is still strong though and that's why I remain here. Recent events like peri's travelogue or meeting up with some of the boys and CKT continue to make this forum a home away from home (where I can escape from the job, the bills, the wife and all those damn Nick Jr. cartoons). :xd:

This has been discussed in the past as well but, as a community, we all have to understand that we control whether this forum grows, is stagnant or dies. One way we can continue its growth is by being proactive in creating new threads; instead of waiting on others to start them.

Now, this is not directed towards any member but take a look at your # of posts vs # of threads created. For example, my "posts to new thread" ratio is 13:1 or for every (13) posts, I have created (1) new thread. If your ratio is 25:1, 50:1, 75:1, then perhaps you can try stimulating further activity but starting up some new threads (which in turn, gets others to post .. which attracts new people to join and post .. who will then start new threads .. and so on, and so on). Just a thought....

This has been discussed in the past as well but, as a community, we all have to understand that we control whether this forum grows, is stagnant or dies. One way we can continue its growth is by being proactive in creating new threads; instead of waiting on others to start them.

That's interesting...when I was a lurker on a different forum (the late AsianDVDguide), people got made fun of for starting new threads. I remember one guy said something like "there's this thing called a search you can do..." Because of this, my standards for justifying a new thread are very high...or I keep it to a search.

I obviously need to relax....:tongue:

...I don't think my opinions/questions are interesting enough to discuss. :squigglemouth:

Yawwwwwn! I'm sorry. What was that you said?

Seriously, cut yourself a little slack, bro. You never know what info or perspective you may share could aid another forum member in some way. Some of these guys' technical knowledge is astounding to me compared to my severely lacking own. I still wade in there sometimes, but I'm mindful of where I can't swim.

Now, this is not directed towards any member but take a look at your # of posts vs # of threads created. For example, my "posts to new thread" ratio is 13:1 or for every (13) posts, I have created (1) new thread. If your ratio is 25:1, 50:1, 75:1, then perhaps you can try stimulating further activity but starting up some new threads (which in turn, gets others to post .. which attracts new people to join and post .. who will then start new threads .. and so on, and so on). Just a thought....

that's a very good point! I must admit I am surprised my posts to new thread ratio is actually only 27.5 to 1 and I would say I start quite a lot of threads, roughly 80 to date, which isn't bad:tongue:

Yawwwwwn! I'm sorry. What was that you said?

I don't think I was getting my thoughts across accurately before, I edited my post to not sound so whiny. Basically it's about how essential I think something is to talk about...

Slacker:xd:

seriously though I doubt anyone, or at least not many people start more threads you SD:smile:

I'm just a few shy of 100. I know I can do it!!!:tongue:

I don't think I was getting my thoughts across accurately before, I edited my post to not sound so whiny. Basically it's about how essential I think something is to talk about...

I can dig that.

Where are you seeing these stats?

Click on Search and then go to Advanced Search.

Under Search by User Name type in the user's name.

Choose the drop down option "Find Threads Started by User."

The results are 25 per page. Then do the math.

In your case, you have 110 threads started vs 3450 posts overall or a 31:1 ratio.

Oh yeah -- in the same boat. Them lil rugrats will suck the life out of you.

And if you do get a free moment to sit and watch the tube, Dora or Pocoyo are probably on. :squigglemouth:

My DVD viewing time is down to about one disc per week (all genres, not just Asian or the fu).

At this rate, I'll be in my 80s before I get through my entire collection just once. :sad:

My passion for the genre is still strong though and that's why I remain here. Recent events like peri's travelogue or meeting up with some of the boys and CKT continue to make this forum a home away from home (where I can escape from the job, the bills, the wife and all those damn Nick Jr. cartoons). :xd:

Yep, my use of my TV is down to just before my bed time, lol. I generally find time to watch Justified. My oldest loves Pocoyo, and Jake the pirate, those are what is normally on during there TV time.