I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

TibetanWhiteCrane

What's with the slump?

Is it just me, or is the forum less active than usual? Seems alot of the older, regular posters aren't as regular anymore, and there's just a general drought in postings.

Maybe it's because I have more time, now that i've gone back to school, and check the forum more frequently, but it still feels a little dead around here recently.... not FLK dead:tongue: but still....

It's not terrible right now but it has slowed down a little. My excuse is that I've hit the busy season in work so don't get a chance to browse online as much as I'd like to.

I think we need some inspired threads. Discussions that drum up real interest and a platform for solid, ongoing conversation. Unfortunately, a lot of releases aren't doing that right now, especially with Shaw DVD's drying up stateside and in the UK.

The forum has always had an up & down rhythm to it over the years. Think all online forums do. We continue to add new members weekly. Just approved several last week. I pop in daily but haven't had a lot to post lately between the job, the kids and a project I'm working on -- though I try to chime in on a conversation here and there. What amazes me about this place is we have active members from 5, 7, even 10+ years ago. Considering the "shelf-life" of cyberspace sites, that's pretty cool that there are still so many familiar faces about.

I still love getting on here everyday and checkin the latest postings. Just don't have much to say most of the time. And if I have a question about a movie, I can usually do a search and find what I'm looking for.

I admit....I've been slacking. I don't post as much and movies I mean to review I put off and then never get to. (Need to get back to that.) Part of the reason is the fact that, after being laid off almost 3 yrs, I finally landed a part-time job at the end of January. Combine parenting and writing....I visit to read your comments more than I post. Will try to do better.

Just to be clear... im not berating anyone for having an actual life outside of KFC:smile:

No need for apologies. I was just making an observation.

Though I do miss the sunny disposition of Kung Fu Bob and the grouchy Scottish temper of Markgway.... where are you guys? You're like the Yin and Yang of this forum:wink: WE MUST HAVE BALANCE IN THE FORCE....

Seems pretty active.

From the main page:

Currently Active Users: 262 (5 members and 257 guests)

View Who's Online

Most users ever online was 541, 09-02-2013 at 11:39 AM.

My 2 cents:

You have WAY more guest than online users / posters. Has KFC thought of making the forums log in only? You would have 257 more online users if that was the case!

Also, there are dozens of pages going 3+ years back. Make people log in to benefit from all this forum has to offer.

I'm guessing you guys seen everything and there's nothing really to discuss because it's already been discussed, right? Or it could mean you guys actually have lives outside the internets and living it out there?

This is a fair assessment. After a while you start to see the same threads come up. It's ok at first but then it gets a little boring and you stop contributing as much.

I have plenty to do in my life but I work in IT so I'm at a computer all the time. For those who don't work in front of a computer I imagine that it can be very hard to find time to visit the forum.

I'm having to care full time for my mum right now, as she's not in the best of health, so my priorities have definitely changed :neutral:

Sorry to hear that, hope she gets better soon, being a carer is a full time job and very hard at times.

I think we need some inspired threads. Discussions that drum up real interest and a platform for solid, ongoing conversation.

I don't see much difference in activity here but I have the exact same sentiment as you regarding this. Posting here can feel repetitive sometimes because same threads are made by different users. As a result, you don't have much motivation to join in and take a joy during arguments and what not. We'll just have to try to be more creative to keep everyone's interest intact I guess.

I think we need some inspired threads. Discussions that drum up real interest and a platform for solid, ongoing conversation. Unfortunately, a lot of releases aren't doing that right now, especially with Shaw DVD's drying up stateside and in the UK.

Nick's experiences in Hong Kong made for great reading, we need more like that but without any legends passing on.

It's a sad time for kung fu/martial art movie DVD releases, not just Shaw brothers. With little new releases of old and new doesn't really inspire much. Unfortunately as every week passes by more and more films get harder to find as they go out of print . It's a pity we can't do something as a community to try and draw more interest in the genre, that might even inspire new releases?

This is a fair assessment. After a while you start to see the same threads come up. It's ok at first but then it gets a little boring and you stop contributing as much.

I have plenty to do in my life but I work in IT so I'm at a computer all the time. For those who don't work in front of a computer I imagine that it can be very hard to find time to visit the forum.

What do you do in IT? I'm a Software Developer myself.

I'm having to care full time for my mum right now, as she's not in the best of health, so my priorities have definitely changed :neutral:

So sorry to hear about that as well; I hope things go better for you.

On the slump:

It seems pretty consistent here: some days you will have a little more and some days a little less. Sometimes it is disheartening to write something large and then get no comments :D, but then that happens at most forums.

Ive slowed down here alot. Ive had a few real questions of mine go unanswered so Ive gone back to enjoying fu in my own little world, It was fine that way for a long time, its fine now.

Myself I've lost a bit of enthusiasm for films, making me less curious & asking less questions & having less to say. I still continue to visit here pretty much daily to check messages & threads. Also watch films but feel quite neutral when watching them.

The other Kung Fu Film Forums I visit have been on as well slump though they started to slump earlier.

Or it could mean you guys actually have lives outside the internets and living it out there?

Error 404

What people can live outside the internet? :tongue:

Funny thing is apart for Fightingfist I have little evidence that any of you do exist outside the internet. I'll have to takes peoples word for it or just assume that you do. :tongue:

Just to be clear... im not berating anyone for having an actual life outside of KFC:smile:

video-not-available.gif

What people have an actual life outside of KFC? :tongue:

Sorry to hear that. Hope that circumstances get better for you & your Mum.