I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

mark187

RIP Jim Kelly (1946-2013)

Just awful, awful news.

I'm absolutely gutted.

I'll be watching ETD in his honor tonight - Rest in peace, Jim, and thank you for some truly great films.

Very sad news! Loved his character in ETD! :sad:

Was flicking through the special features of the 40th Anniversary Blu-ray of ETD (lunch time before I read this) and thought how awesome it would have been to have seen an interview with Jim Kelly, John, Saxon, Bob Wall!! Such a shame! :sad:

Sorry....I am not ranting about how poor the Blu-ray is, that has been done before! Just saying these guys should have been involved with the 40th Anniversary edition! Missed opportunity, well done WB!!

Man, this has been an awful week in the fu world. I'm surprised there's no mention of his death anywhere on the net but wikipedia which only refers to Van Clief's FB. R.I.P. Jim.

Man, this has been an awful week in the fu world. I'm surprised there's no mention of his death anywhere on the net but wikipedia which only refers to Van Clief's FB. R.I.P. Jim.

Jim's ex wife also posted the sad news on FB...

"His ex-wife Marilyn DIshman confirmed the sad news on Facebook that Jim had passed yesterday June 29, 2013."

The terrible news continues... :sad:

Jim Kelly added a much-needed element of cool to martial arts films, and was at the forefront of representing African Americans in martial arts. He was a huge influence to many people to study the arts, including Michael Jai White who wrote a truly eloquent and beautiful piece on Face Book about Jim.

R.I.P. Jim.