I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

RogueWarrior

RIP Lau Kar Leung (1936-2013)

Jimmy had a stroke not long after WU XIA.

Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up.

Man, it's depressing. Just seeing him in The Dragon Flies, to that.

Lee Hoi San was there several hours inside, press just didn't care about his coming & going - I haven't seen any news reports about a lot of the people there & many tucked inside weren't caught on camera, you barely see Lau Kar Wing in the footage I think & he was there permanently! - I mean who cares about Yuen Bun, Yuen Chung Yan, Lin Ke Ming!!! they were there, etc....... not the press so much it seems; Cecilia Wong Hang Sau was there as well, yes Hsiao Hou - I didn't see Ti Lung,was just told he was there - maybe he popped in privately - there was a side entrance........ who knows who else - trust me, being there even, with access all about I couldn't keep up remotely....

another video popped up:

Ohhhhhhhhh, you can see me at 3 mins into that video, I was stood in the entrance at the foot of the main Lau banner, which is what all the lions were facing in respect when they came in there:

P7220028.jpg

It reads Lau, great master of his generation down the middle & has the bridges down the side... all the lions had to bow to it before they entered the hall - what you don't see as the camera went inside is us guys at the foot of the banner had to kneel & bow back to the lions - as I did this, right at the foot of the banner inches from the front lion head, I heard a "Brring Brring" "Brring Brring", looked about & realised it was coming from the pocket of the dude in the front lion - he couldn't do anything about it as he was holding the head - his master shepherding him was a little perturbed I think... probably one of his mates ringing to say "hey, what you up to..."

Maybe 50 or even 100 years from now, he will have that same Legendary status as his grandmaster Wong Fei Hung and they'll make loads of heroic movies about him.

its happening already with Ip Man...

-AiK9PCvDCw

Maybe 50 or even 100 years from now, he will have that same Legendary status as his grandmaster Wong Fei Hung and they'll make loads of heroic movies about him.

its happening already with Ip Man...

-AiK9PCvDCw

They're already planning a movie about his Dad, Lau Jaam...

Splendid little video with Master Lau and Mark Houghton, not sure how rare this clip is, but sadly the youtube video has only had 538 views so far.

9uXZZZVbihY

I read an interesting (yet emotional) comment from Mark Houghton, taken from the Lau Kar Leung Appreciation Page on Facebook.

Monday evening (Hong Kong time):

Just let you all know we cremated my sifu today. I sat with my Simo and watched his body burn, it was one of the hardest thing I had to witness. Half way through I stood in front of the furnace, it's doors opened wide and performed 5 animals. The cremation started at 11:30 and finished at 6:30. The last things to burn was his hips and his heart. We will sleep in the temple for 2 nights on the morning of the 31st we will get the ashes.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/190065781154478/

https://www.facebook.com/mark.houghton.37

post-121-144191897114_thumb.jpg

Wow, man. I can't imagine the sorrow he must've felt.

I also can't imagine how Gordon Liu must be feeling, not being able to attend the funeral.

I cant think of a reason accomodations couldnt be made. Shame.:squigglemouth:

yesterday marked 100 days since Lau si-fu passed away, seems to have flown by, his disciple Mark Houghton asked on my Facebook page dedicated to his si-fu's memory, for all fans to think about his si-fu or to watch one of Pops's movies in memoriam...

yesterday marked 100 days since Lau si-fu passed away, seems to have flown by, his disciple Mark Houghton asked on my Facebook page dedicated to his si-fu's memory, for all fans to think about his si-fu or to watch one of Pops's movies in memoriam...

I must have missed this message but since his passing I have watched a lot of Pops's movies and still have more to watch. Seems hard to believe it's already over three months since he passed away.

lklrip.jpg

Didn't notice any mention of LKL's one-year-mark, so thought I'd share this recent news story....

Lau Kar Leung's Charity Foundation is in progress

By Heidi Hsia | From Cinema Online Exclusively for Yahoo Newsroom – Mon, Jun 23, 2014

Mary Jean Reimer, the widow of late martial arts master Lau Kar Leung, recently revealed that the Lau Kar Leung Martial Art Film Charity Foundation has recently received government approval.

As reported on Mingpao News, the former actress, who held a ceremony at the Tai Po Ling Wan Monastery recently, stated that the foundation will not only function as a body of assistance to injured stunt workers, but also other fields of charitable works.

"Aside from helping injured stuntmen, the foundation will also assist those who want to further their studies but lack the financial ability to do so, as well as helping those in need of money to hold a funeral for their loved ones," said Reimer.

She also revealed, "We will make an initial start with a donation drive from our own family and disciples, which will be organised by Sin Kwok Lam."

In addition to the foundation, Reimer said that since Master Lau was fond of children, they will also establish a martial arts school, which focuses on attracting children's interest from video games back to martial arts.

Meanwhile, Sin Kwok Lam stated that he is in full support of the plans and is now contacting several community centres to find the best location. He also expressed his wish to teach martial arts for free.

source: https://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/lau-kar-leungs-charity-foundation-progress-061000862.html