I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

RogueWarrior

RIP Lau Kar Leung (1936-2013)

I have met Lau Sifu back in 2005 and once I heard the sad news iwas really stunned..my first thought was Mark Houghton from whom I have learned hung kuen for several years and I know how much he loved his sifu...

1000215_569039176468426_81592830_n_zps732b170f.jpg

Frank, great pics. Would you be willing to post your pics on the Southern KF FB page? I am sure there are many there who would love to see these.

Thanks for sharing. And yes, what a sad day.

Frank, great pics. Would you be willing to post your pics on the Southern KF FB page? I am sure there are many there who would love to see these.

Thanks for sharing. And yes, what a sad day.

Im no longer a member there..too much mma is better than gung fu crap going on etc.

you can save these pics and post them there..they are not even mine so its ok I guess..

the first pic is from Yeung Sifu and the other one from cindy kwong...

Miss seeing the stuffs you share there. The MMA spats have died down tho.

If you want to be a member again please let me know and I can send you an invite.

I will post these 2 pics and give credit of their source. Thanks again for sharing them.

Im no longer a member there..too much mma is better than gung fu crap going on etc.

Sorry for the off-topic, but I also see that on some youtube videos. I find it stupid that people would argue about this as I guess people choose depending on what they prefer. :squigglemouth:

I have met Lau Sifu back in 2005 and once I heard the sad news iwas really stunned..my first thought was Mark Houghton from whom I have learned hung kuen for several years and I know how much he loved his sifu...

1000215_569039176468426_81592830_n_zps732b170f.jpg

Hey I'm in this one, but not very well placed... about 4th from left at the back I was kind of obsured in this pic... Hi Frank, my lion dance is tomorrow - it was 9 other different schools paying respects with a lion each today...

Hey I'm in this one, but not very well placed... about 4th from left at the back I was kind of obsured in this pic... Hi Frank, my lion dance is tomorrow - it was 9 other different schools paying respects with a lion each today...

Ah,yes I thought that those lions were other schools paying their respect! But wasnt sure... loving your report mate,keep them coming!

Haven't seen any photos of Run Run or Mona at the funeral. Maybe this is why..... :tinysmile_angry2_t:

Shaw Brothers Studio owes the late martial arts master and film director Lau Kar-leung millions in bonuses dating back more than 30 years, Lau's widow, Mary Jean Reimer, said at his funeral. Reimer, also known as Yung Jing-jing, gave a short eulogy and pledged HK$1 million to start a charity in Lau's name, to help struggling martial artists and actors.

Reimer claimed that Shaw Brothers Studio had failed to pay Lau guaranteed bonuses from overseas box offices for more than 30 years and wanted to get the message out to the public. She said the studio had insisted on "investing" the funds for Lau. The statements were confirmed by members of the procession, including lawmaker Leung Yiu-chung.

Reimer said the money could have amounted to "something like HK$10 million now, if not, at least HK$5 million" and added that Lau had never once complained. She urged Sir Run Run Shaw to be generous and to support the charity.

Did anyone else notice Wang Yu at the funeral? He's now walking with a cane (at first, I thought he was Ti Lung).

I was shocked because it was only a year or two ago where he was kicking ass in WU XIA.

Did anyone else notice Wang Yu at the funeral? He's now walking with a cane (at first, I thought he was Ti Lung).

I was shocked because it was only a year or two ago where he was kicking ass in WU XIA.

Jimmy had a stroke not long after WU XIA.

Yeah, Jimmy looking frail. Scanned a few different clips and a ton of photos but still many alum MIA.

I know Nick mentioned he saw Lee Hoi-Sang pop in briefly and perhaps many did the same.

Anyone notice.....?

Gordon Liu ... obviously the one man who truly had an excused absence. Definitely wasn't there. Recent pix show him improving.

Hui Ying-hung ... big shock I haven't seen her yet. I would think she would definitely be there.

Mrs. Chang ... not sure how well she knows wife #2 but her late husband & LKL go way back.

Run Run or Mona ... well, if you owe them money, you usually don't attend their funeral.

Ti Lung ... anyone see Mr. Ti? Another big surprise.

Jackie & Jet ... if either of these guys showed, the press would have been all over them.

Chen Kuan Tai ... on his way to America.

Ku Feng ... he's still kicking. Thought he might show.

Jenny or David Cheung ... (to represent Fu Sheng) but they're dealing with their own tragedy.

Wang Lung-Wei & Lo Mang ... both local and still practicing the fu. Thought they might pop in.

Hsiao Ho ... anyone?

Lily Li ... again, anyone?

Norman Chu ...