I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

RogueWarrior

RIP Lau Kar Leung (1936-2013)

I just read through this whole thread again before I head off to bed.

It struck me as particularly meaningful that this thread (though brought on due to a great loss) is the first one that I can recall reading in I-don't-know-how-long, that had nothing but love, positive affirmations, praise, appreciation, and brotherhood in every post. That's Pops for you. Still leading us in the right direction, even after his body can no longer house his soul. I don't know about you all, but this certainly gives me some consolation. Goodnight kung fu brothers and sisters.

R.I.P

Gordon Liu reaction:

Currently recovering, he was stunned when he saw the news. His guardian Fan Yik Man said, "When Brother Ka Fai found out his eyes were all red. When he gets upset he refuses to speak so he didn't say anything. I am very worried about Brother Ka Fai's condition. Now he can't be emotional. I need to get an understanding of his moods, I am afraid that he may refuse to eat."

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic/784902-martial-arts-star-lau-kar-leung-passes-away/

very sad:sad:

While many are aware (or have become aware since his passing) LKL has two daughters. Not much attention though has been given to the fact that he had children with his first wife as well. His only son and four (need to confirm that #) daughters were brought to the hospital by his current wife in secret. LKL had little contact with his children from his former wife but his son was by his side in his final moments. She wanted to make sure that they all got to see their father one final time.

On Tuesday (25th), LKL was extubated and taken off life support machines. The only device was a heart monitor. By this point he could no longer speak but his heart beats showed responses. His wife mentioned to him that she had a watch being repaired but hadn't been picked up yet and his heart beat got really fast. She said he appeared to be struggling that last half hour. She touched his chest and said that they would always love him and told him to pass on in peace. And then, he was gone.

The earlier photo from Po Fook Hill shows 15 center spots. 9 of those will be used for LKL and the other 6 for his wife and daughters. If my current situation was similar to that of a few years ago, I would definitely be on a plane next month and fly over. Unfortunately this won't happen but I'm hoping someone from our community will be present to represent our little group here.

shawduo.jpg

but I'm hoping someone from our community will be present to represent our little group here.
I've been invited out to attend the funeral, just starting to sort it out now with my Sifu. Will possibly try & cover some bits if I do make it out there, depending on the scenarios, seeming likely now. I have to pay my respects.

I've been invited out to attend the funeral, just starting to sort it out now with my Sifu. Will possibly try & cover some bits if I do make it out there, depending on the scenarios, seeming likely now. I have to pay my respects.

Keep us updated P.

Looks like the dates have been finalized.

Services will begin on Tuesday, July 23th .. funeral on the 24th .. cremation on the 29th at Po Lin Monastery.

LKL wfe and eldest daughter yesterday....

?v=JwfHApIPZ6s

My tribute:

That's the way it's done brother! It was everything it should have been. I got the chills from it. Thanks for taking the time to create that for all of us fans. :wink:

Sad to hear about the loss of a legend, he forever made his mark in the Martial Arts genre. My favorites of his will always be Thirty Sixth Chamber of Shaolin and Heroes of the East. Hope he is practicing his kung with all the other late greats in the hereafter now.

My tribute:

babDrd26og4

I like the song you used - and of course, the video is great.

His name didn't ring a bell but I checked his biography on hkcinemagic I just fell off my chair realizing he had worked on so many classics. :squigglemouth:

I just found out this morning while I was trying to find some pics of Gordon Liu, which lead me to the latest news on his health and recent court issues. Then I scrolled down to the bottom of the page to check out the related topics, and that's where I saw it; "Lau Kar Leung dies at 76".

I couldn't believe it at first. I click on it and read some more, then it hit. One of my heroes is gone. I cried for 10 minutes, and I'm still teary-eyed as I am typing this. This one hurts, guys. :(

Rest In KungFu Paradise Lau Kar Leung aka "Pops", aka the greatest martial arts film choreographer that ever lived.

Sorry in advance for the off-topic.

I just found out this morning while I was trying to find some pics of Gordon Liu, which lead me to the latest news on his health and recent court issues. Then I scrolled down to the bottom of the page to check out the related topics, and that's where I saw it; "Lau Kar Leung dies at 76".

Speaking of Gordon Liu, shouldn't the thread on his issue be a sticky too ? Just wondering, but I figured it should be a sticky.

Today, I will pay tribute to Master Lau by watching the following movies:

Legendary Weapons of China

8 Diagram Pole Fighter

Challenge of the Masters

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin

...and maybe Heroes of the East if I'm not tired.

Today, I will pay tribute to Master Lau by watching the following movies:

Legendary Weapons of China

8 Diagram Pole Fighter

Challenge of the Masters

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin

...and maybe Heroes of the East if I'm not tired.

Id watch HotE before 36th Chamber if youre worried about getting tired.

LKL's wife (middle) with CKC and his wife and Mark H. Not sure of other guy in back.

Prayer service attended by over 100 people at the Ling Wan Monastery in Lam Tsuen, NT.

37recit.jpg

Final preparations are being held for Master Lau's funeral this week.

As mentioned, services will begin this Tuesday, July 23rd at the Universal Funeral Parlor and the actual funeral will take place the following day. Actor Adam Cheng Siu-Chow will wave the banner as LKL's eldest disciple. LKL's widow also clarified Master Lau's actual birth date. Lot of different dates (ranging from 1935-1938) have been floating around the net. She confirmed that the correct date is September 3, 1937.

Be sure to check out peringaten's "Hi from HK" thread as he provides us with daily updates live from Hong Kong.

Final preparations are being held for Master Lau's funeral this week.

As mentioned, services will begin this Tuesday, July 23rd at the Universal Funeral Parlor and the actual funeral will take place the following day. Actor Adam Cheng Siu-Chow will wave the banner as LKL's eldest disciple. LKL's widow also clarified Master Lau's actual birth date. Lot of different dates (ranging from 1935-1938) have been floating around the net. She confirmed that the correct date is September 3, 1937.

Be sure to check out peringaten's "Hi from HK" thread as he provides us with daily updates live from Hong Kong.

Cheers Teako, I'll be part of the parade as one of the lions following the coffin & the flag/banner wavers, such as Adam Cheng, on Tuesday,not sure how much I'll be able to film or snap though - or to be honest, even see, hard to see anything in the back of a lion costume, only the floor & your feet! But I'll try & cover the events as best possible!!

heres a pic from the funeral ceremony ,mostly you see guests from other martial art schools in HK who pay their respects...picture courtesy of Yeung Sifu

Peringaten might be under on eof these lions...

970455_525625847510564_1960239792_n_zpscd643be8.jpg